Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

Did a test drive today with a 2015 22 VLX. The salesman I was with was in Tennessee at the factory earlier this week. He saw, in person, the Medallion steering wheel with the center controls. He said the the control panel always stays horizontal. It does not turn along with the steering wheel. The steering wheel spins behind the controls, they don't move. That is a report right from him.

He said it seemed a little odd. And it just reproduces all of the functions that are already on the dash and the joy stick.

post-26767-0-63873400-1440376520_thumb.j

Edited by gordon20mxz

The 25 footer is just too big. Demand has never been high for boats that long. Too hard to tow, store, etc...

Your right it is a redesigned 247 it was just an old boat due for update. As far as demand in Colorado a state where 25' is considered by most to be to big the 25 build slots are full and the 2 that they have got have sold quick. The first was like 3 days the 2nd before it hit the floor. Not a huge sample but still it is selling q

Did a test drive today with a 2015 22 VLX. The salesman I was with was in Tennessee at the factory earlier this week. He saw, in person, the Medallion steering wheel with the center controls. He said the the control panel always stays horizontal. It does not turn along with the steering wheel. The steering wheel spins behind the controls, they don't move. That is a report right from him.

He said it seemed a little odd. And it just reproduces all of the functions that are already on the dash and the joy stick.

That is correct and is whats different between the bu controls and the skiers choice wheel controls which turn with the wheel. I don't know about yall but my wheel is rarely straight.

That is correct and is whats different between the bu controls and the skiers choice wheel controls which turn with the wheel. I don't know about yall but my wheel is rarely straight.

Exactly, if you're constantly turning the wheel several full turns in either direction, the controls become useless. They need to stay in the same place.

Especially with surfgate which requires counter steer. Just think about when you turn to pick up a rider. You have to drive the boat in a figure 8. It's a constant turning siuation and the exact time when you'll want volume controls.

Edited by boardjnky4

What a great idea...go go gadget wave...goofy

Malibu is very innovative

It's almost like they are trying to take a Malibu down to the user-friendlyness of an Axis by adding this stuff. If the touch screens are so user friendly, reliable etc..., why do they need the joystick and steering wheel controls? Triple redundancy?

• Like 2

It's almost like they are trying to take a Malibu down to the user-friendlyness of an Axis by adding this stuff. If the touch screens are so user friendly, reliable etc..., why do they need the joystick and steering wheel controls? Triple redundancy?

Stay ahead of the curve

My understanding with the redundancy is that the steering wheel controls and joystick can be used without really having to "look" at them. I use my steering wheel controls in my yukon all the time without ever taking my eyes off the road. That is the point of these controls, to keep your eye on the water and not the dash while pulling a rider.

• Like 3

If the controls remain stationary, that's a great thing. I go lock-to-lock with boat steering like 1000x more than in the car. I could see the use of buttons you could memorize by touch without looking. I am not looking at my fingers while I type this either.

• Like 2

With the steering wheel controls you would then have the option to NOT order the Sport Dash. Especially if you do a stereo delete and end up with a big knob that does nothing.

Does anyone have a pic of a 2105 without the Sport Dash???

Whew, I am finally caught up on the 55 pages of this thread.

At our last boat show, it was mentioned that Malibu is trying to get with the whole number naming. No more 21.5 or 247, strictly 22, 23, 25. Therefore, it makes sense since the 247 was ready for an update that they went to a 25LSV. Now, will the new "g-killer" be a 24LSV or more like an MXZ?

Instead of focusing on these extra features to their current dash, they should focus on the responsiveness to their existing features. A friend has a '15 23 and the sport knob is delayed along with the MTC. If I touch the screen, I don't want to wait a few seconds for it to respond. The same holds true if I want to turn the volume up or down, I don't want a delay or a random jump like it does.

At our last boat show, it was mentioned that Malibu is trying to get with the whole number naming. No more 21.5 or 247, strictly 22, 23, 25. Therefore, it makes sense since the 247 was ready for an update that they went to a 25LSV. Now, will the new "g-killer" be a 24LSV or more like an MXZ?

Instead of focusing on these extra features to their current dash, they should focus on the responsiveness to their existing features. A friend has a '15 23 and the sport knob is delayed along with the MTC. If I touch the screen, I don't want to wait a few seconds for it to respond. The same holds true if I want to turn the volume up or down, I don't want a delay or a random jump like it does.

He should check his software. It should be lightning quick. That's the way its been in all the 15s I've been in.

He should check his software. It should be lightning quick. That's the way its been in all the 15s I've been in.

I have noticed this same problem. I use the mute feature on the knob all the time, and it takes a second or two to work.

New touch screen should have no delays, mine is instant. And there should be no delays in the sport knob functions either, it reacts with no delays. I have heard the volume control with knob has some lag but I have a stereo delete and use exile eq for volume control.

The 14 and older maliview was slow, I had some lag time with those screens but not the new 15/16 touch screens.

As others mentioned your friend should make sure his software is updated. If he has a slow screen/mtc something is not right.