Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

Stop trying to be an orange, badass motor Mr. Raptor.....

8XzdgoOwCWlnv8dRWIAulskcYa4UKxNFxYjXqktr

Too bad this engine outperforms it for much less $ + has a 5 year warranty.

raptor575_1_zpsconuzlb9.jpg

Ilmor has a 5 year warranty, less emissions, and runs on 87 Octane. I win.

What is the actual HP of that motor?

Edited by DocPhil

Ilmor has a 5 year warranty, less emissions, no supercharger and runs on 87 Octane. I win.

Less emissions? I thought you love burning up oil. And don't forget you have less torque and paid more for it. But least you have that cool hat and it does look better, which is worth something. :)

Seriously though. The 7.4 is a bad a** engine.

Less emissions? I thought you love burning up oil. And don't forget you have less torque and paid more for it. But least you have that cool hat and it does look better, which is worth something. :)

Seriously though. The 7.4 is a bad a** engine.

You just busting my balls again?

My old 5.7 Ilmor drank gas compared to the PCM I have now. Plus, the PCM is quieter (could be the one exhaust versus 2, I don't know). I don't miss the Ilmor.

Doc, how's the 7.4 on gas? I don't know of anyone around here with it.

One cool feature I have never seen was the slide pin holes for bumpers. Would be nice to just drop them in instead of tying them up. Is that new or always has been an option. It was In the video they released detailing all the new features.

Edited by NHolladay

Ilmor has a 5 year warranty, less emissions, and runs on 87 Octane. I win.

What is the actual HP of that motor?

To bad you can't get these anymore.

Seriously though doc that 7.4 is freaking awesome. And running on 87 is a winner!

post-24799-0-55802400-1438230211_thumb.j

Edited by DarkSide

One cool feature I have never seen was the slide pin holes for bumpers. Would be nice to just drop them in instead of tying them up. Is that new or always has been an option. It was In the video they released detailing all the new features.

It's been an option for a while

Probably cheaper options available but here you go.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/taco--quick-release-fender-lock--15958606

Edited by Stevo

My old 5.7 Ilmor drank gas compared to the PCM I have now. Plus, the PCM is quieter (could be the one exhaust versus 2, I don't know). I don't miss the Ilmor.

The 7.4 isn't too bad on gas. Runs just a little bit more than my buddy's 2015 A22 does. Wakeboarding loaded up and trying new tricks getting on plain and off will drink a pretty good amount, but if you're riding normal it isn't too bad. The gas was one thing I was worried about before I bought mine but it's a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

First three GPH measurements

1)5.3

2)5.9

3)5.6

So average appears to be around 5.6 on the 7.4. That is about 70% surfing sacked out, 20% wakeboarding, 9% cruising/tubing/other watersports, 1% WOT runs. Gotta open her up every once in a while ya know!?

Edited by DocPhil
  • Like 2

Rear facing seat is only on the 25LSV

I know the rear facing seat seems like a great option but I can tell you its not as cool as you think it is.

I have one on the x-30 and we use it about 10-20% of the time. The issue is that it takes up a lot of room of the side seats when deployed.

In a 25 footer, probably not an issue. However, in a 23 it is a give/take scenario.

• Like 1

I know the rear facing seat seems like a great option but I can tell you its not as cool as you think it is.

I have one on the x-30 and we use it about 10-20% of the time. The issue is that it takes up a lot of room of the side seats when deployed.

In a 25 footer, probably not an issue. However, in a 23 it is a give/take scenario.

I know its not as fancy (no backrest)...but the Axis boats have the rear sliding seat. We have used it once in 65 hours of operation.

• Like 3

Anyone heard exactly what the mid November "G23 type" boat release will be? I don't wanna wait that long to see if someone has some insider info!

Edited by Wake23LSV

Anyone heard exactly what the mid November "G23 type" boat release will be? I don't wanna wait that long to see if someone has some insider info!

From what I've heard that's not happening. I've been told the 25 was the big thing. I don't know what everyone else is hearing after the release of the 25.

I'm with Doc on this 100%. Even if it was an option on the 23, I would not buy it. For one, it's SUPER expensive. And as Doc said, when deployed you're basically putting two people in an area normally meant for 4-6 people. Another reason I don't like it is that you lose the storage tray over the transmission, at least I think you do. We used that space a lot... it's where we stash everybody's flip flops.

The wake view seating is nice on my boat, but it's sufficient as far as rear facing seats are concerned. And they don't rob you of any storage space. Everybody else in the boat just has to "strain" their necks 90 degrees so they can see the rider.

The other ironic thing is this... nobody watches me when I surf anyway. I look in the boat and I'm not joking when I say, I've even caught my wife (the driver) looking down at her phone. Sheesh... I get no respect!

I'm with Doc on this 100%. Even if it was an option on the 23, I would not buy it. For one, it's SUPER expensive. And as Doc said, when deployed you're basically putting two people in an area normally meant for 4-6 people. Another reason I don't like it is that you lose the storage tray over the transmission, at least I think you do. We used that space a lot... it's where we stash everybody's flip flops.

The wake view seating is nice on my boat, but it's sufficient as far as rear facing seats are concerned. And they don't rob you of any storage space. Everybody else in the boat just has to "strain" their necks 90 degrees so they can see the rider.

The other ironic thing is this... nobody watches me when I surf anyway. I look in the boat and I'm not joking when I say, I've even caught my wife (the driver) looking down at her phone. Sheesh... I get no respect!

I felt the same way when I was looking at the X23. The transom seats are like 2000 dollars and do people really wanna sit on the transom?

Not once in 2 years of owning an MXZ or LSV did 1 person sit on the transom for longer than 2 seconds

Edited by DocPhil

I personally would love it. I spent a good amount of time laying over sun pad this morning communicating with the surfer.

Sitting on your knees, leaning against backrest can get uncomfortable

Edited by DarkSide

We have been using ours more. Mostly for the kids. It's fun when they can watch and root for their friends. It does take up some space though. I like the option.

Edited by teamerickson

I personally would love it. I spent a good amount of time laying over sun pad this morning communicating with the surfer.

Sitting on your knees, leaning against backrest can get uncomfortable

I could have slid out the rear bench for you! However, you were on rope/photo duty the entire time.