Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

So yea..... Its only missing steering... I feel it coming! "The All new 2017 30' malibu LSV RC. With the RC version your boat can go on the lake while you're sitting on the dock!!" Hhahahah

On the other hand I guess if your wife or buddy didn't know how to pull you, and you wanted to surf, it could be helpful.... But wait... Wasn't that corrected with the programmable presets?

I'm with the guy that said it's another gadget to squeeze a few more thousand out of ya...

Honestly, I'm a blue collar dude, 90k$ on a 2015 vlx had me MAXED OUT! I held off before buying because it was so close to 2016. Hope this is an option and not standard! It might bump me out of a malibu....

My 2 cents

Edited by caleb1234

I like it, also like how it alerts the driver you are making adjustments. If it works well I will probably look into one if it's available for a 2015 upgrade. I won't hold my breath, Malibu never has been great about allowing older boats to acquire any new features.

Here is the problem we have run into with the tige version, basically does the same things minus the transition. You work to tune your wake just right against the water conditions, number of people and ballast, then someone goes out and makes changes that destroy the wake. They can't see what settings they are at so they struggle to retune it. Plus the speed thing is seriously irritating for the driver.

Did anyone else notice the new placement of the emblem at 1:39? It looks like something else is now in the center of the stern

Edited by WakeSwagger

Yes it is, family member uses one on the water he can change tracks and adjust volume while surfing and wakeboarding...it's pretty cool.

That is pretty cool, never thought of that part

ahopkins22LSV

Well, I would not say that Moomba is good looking. Looks like the decal was just slapped on with a black background. and the rest of the boat looks the same as others.

That said there is a brand new Mondo on our lake, they have come a very long ways. He ordered the gel and interior colors very nicely.

Boat in the video looks pretty decent to me. Nice color scheme, dash looks good. Hard to see if they have made the interior much nicer than the ones I was looking at last year. Looks like they must have dropped the Outback-V this year too.

Also has a convertible rear bench seat standard

http://moomba.com/2016-craz

Edited by oldjeep

Back to the watch thing, if you're controlling the transfer from the watch and your driver isn't 100% focused, couldn't that be a little dangerous being the way the steering wheel yanks when the transfer is made?

• Like 2

If that boat really comes in at under $60K MRSP, then it is one hell of a deal. Basically a Supra SC that is 2 inches narrower.

I don't see this happening, I saw 20' Mondo's over 60k at the boat shows.

Back to the watch thing, if you're controlling the transfer from the watch and your driver isn't 100% focused, couldn't that be a little dangerous being the way the steering wheel yanks when the transfer is made?

agreed, transfer from starboard to port can be hairball for an inexperienced driver

It's not that big of yank...you pretty much need to have your hands on the wheel the entire time anyway. Plus you hear the three beeps and a warning message pops up on the dash. Don't think it would be an issue at all.

It's not that big of yank...you pretty much need to have your hands on the wheel the entire time anyway. Plus you hear the three beeps and a warning message pops up on the dash. Don't think it would be an issue at all.

Nearly scared the poop out of my wife the first time. But with guidance and experience, easy to overcome.