Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

I heard rumor the watch (or whatever they are going to call it) is going to be available for '15 owners with just a software update required. Time will tell but it would be nice for malibu to offer this to existing customers.

That would be really cool.

I may be wrong but I believe I remember torsion. I could be wrong. I think I remember that though. And you're correct. Height adjustable seat. Makes me feel a little better. I was told flip up seating like nautique and MC. Height adjustable seat. And also a new model. 23ft g23 like boat. Again, the source I heard it from May have just been trying hard to sell me a boat.

And this boat is bigger than the mondo

Which means it will be 80k here. Best our local dealer will do on a mondo is 68k with just basic options...... Tried to tell my friend it wasn't a great deal, but he did it anyway.... On a leftover '14 Mondo, with 5.7, and a heater. Nothing much else. But, MSRP was 74k, so he thought it was a good deal.

Had a chance to meet the NW Nautique rep and he said that Nautique is going to have a watch or wristband that can control speed by tenths of mph up to 1 mph. Also new screen and software. Rep and dealer were tight lipped about new hull but that tells me there is a new hull. I hear rumor of a surf model G23.

I hadn't heard about Malibu with adj seat but that would be nice. There is definitely a new BIG 23' coming. It would be nice to see a boat with 3000lbs under the floor, like the G.

Fman,

That would be really awesome! It also makes sense as they will likely only want 1 current software load. Keeping multiple versions will turn into a nightmare.

Anyone have a clue the cost of said "wristband"? How much was the tige remote?

I heard rumor the watch (or whatever they are going to call it) is going to be available for '15 owners with just a software update required. Time will tell but it would be nice for malibu to offer this to existing customers.

I keep telling you guys retrofits are coming...

Fman,

That would be really awesome! It also makes sense as they will likely only want 1 current software load. Keeping multiple versions will turn into a nightmare.

Anyone have a clue the cost of said "wristband"? How much was the tige remote?

The Malibu wristband is included as part of the Surfgate option... so basically every 2016 will have it.

Not sure why the wristband is that big of a deal. Once you get your wave dialed in (might take a couple weeks or so), why would you need to change anything on the fly? Put it in your settings, hit the button and go!!

Saw a picture of the watch/remote last night. For you "perfect wave" fanatics, it's pretty darn cool.

I know tige has their version of this that came out in 2015, all my friends that have 15s used it once and now it just sits in the glove box. More of a novelty thing than anything else

I think it would be great for wave transfers, not having to tell the driver to keep switching. I finally can do ropeless transfers so I am very interested in the watch :-) Speed and wedge setting would also be a bonus if you wanted to tweak the wave to a different style when riding.

But how many people in your boat will be wanting to tweak their wave on the fly Fman? Honestly, do you think you'll be handing the remote to everyone to adjust the wave accordingly?

Depends how it is set up. I think if anyone else even wanted to wear it they would only use it for transfers. More than likely I would be the one who used it most of the time. Nobody in my family even has a clue what speed and wedge setting we use for surfing, they just go out and surf...that is all on me.

So basically, with this "watch" thing, you drive your boat from your board? (Except steering) maybe that's 2017? I can hear it now: "game changing innovation!!! Surf , wake board, ski! All by yourself!!!!"

.... But seriously isn't this going a little too far? Maybe I'm out of my league.

I like it, also like how it alerts the driver you are making adjustments. If it works well I will probably look into one if it's available for a 2015 upgrade. I won't hold my breath, Malibu never has been great about allowing older boats to acquire any new features.