Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

You guys crack me up. S

No, they wouldn't do that. But I bet they come out with a sweet upgrade/accessory/new rig that you can't live without :)

Surely you noticed I easily speaking for Cory, not myself. [emoji2]

• 3 weeks later...

Let me respond for Cory and nip this rumor in the bud... he ain't getting a new sled next year. Certainly not over a bimini.

I have every confidence that we G4 owners will be able to get a proper bimini whenever they drop. Malibu won't force a new boat upgrade on what's basically an accessory.

Waiting patiently...

oh, you mean like surfgate :whistle:

I'm not sure I'd call surf gate an "accessory." And I don't see too many other boat companies giving it away to older models either. But I could be wrong.

You're right. On the build sheet, it does not fall under accessories, it falls under "Wake Technology"

I'm not sure I'd call surf gate an "accessory." And I don't see too many other boat companies giving it away to older models either. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, you are wrong on this one. NSS can be added to nautiques back to 2012 (I think... might only be 2013) as long as it has the right dash computer.

The centurion dumbo ear paddle system is also retrofitable.

The moomba manual system can be purchased at the dealer.

MC Gen 2 can be added to certain models (2013 and up?).

Yeah, you are wrong on this one. NSS can be added to nautiques back to 2012 (I think... might only be 2013) as long as it has the right dash computer.

The centurion dumbo ear paddle system is also retrofitable.

The moomba manual system can be purchased at the dealer.

MC Gen 2 can be added to certain models (2013 and up?).

NSS is 2013 and newer. They had to do that cuz they introduced the system (hastily) half way through model year '13 after they began building 13's w/out it.

I can't speak for the others but it sounds like all of them have some restrictions (except maybe Moomba who is basically selling you some ugly hunk of metal... even then I believe it's restricted to certain hulls due to the curvature of the mounting surface). Kudos to MC for going one entire model year back.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is a bimini top is more like a mirror or a rack (both of which Malibu will sell to anybody) than it is like a dash screen, wedge, or surfgate. Anybody who says otherwise is just being argumentative.

NSS is 2013 and newer. They had to do that cuz they introduced the system (hastily) half way through model year '13 after they began building 13's w/out it.

I can't speak for the others but it sounds like all of them have some restrictions (except maybe Moomba who is basically selling you some ugly hunk of metal... even then I believe it's restricted to certain hulls due to the curvature of the mounting surface). Kudos to MC for going one entire model year back.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is a bimini top is more like a mirror or a rack (both of which Malibu will sell to anybody) than it is like a dash screen, wedge, or surfgate. Anybody who says otherwise is just being argumentative.

I was being argumentative for sure.. :biggrin:

However, I do look at Surfgate as an accessory that could be added to other model years, Malibu just chose not to do it. Probably so that they could sell more new boats (go figure :crazy: )

I was being argumentative for sure.. :biggrin:

However, I do look at Surfgate as an accessory that could be added to other model years, Malibu just chose not to do it. Probably so that they could sell more new boats (go figure :crazy: )

I know, dude. And it's cool.

So... totally not being argumentative, just in the spirit of discussion. Do you honestly not see the the difference between Surf Gate and a bimini top (not even the top, really it's just the brackets that hold it to the tower that will be different)?

If I play that logic out, I assume you think the same of new Power Wedge 2. Is that an accessory that Malibu should sell you to add to your 2006 iRide? What about the G4 tower? Should Malibu sell that as an "accessory" for older boats? (for all I know, maybe they do...)

I know, dude. And it's cool.

So... totally not being argumentative, just in the spirit of discussion. Do you honestly not see the the difference between Surf Gate and a bimini top (not even the top, really it's just the brackets that hold it to the tower that will be different)?

If I play that logic out, I assume you think the same of new Power Wedge 2. Is that an accessory that Malibu should sell you to add to your 2006 iRide? What about the G4 tower? Should Malibu sell that as an "accessory" for older boats? (for all I know, maybe they do...)

Good questions

Do I see a difference between surfgate and bimini? For sure, but mainly in the installation difficulty. We know that the opening and closing of the gates are based on timing and not position, so they should be able to provide a module to open/close the gate as a retrofit, or just provide the hardware. Do they sell Malibu cleats seperately as an accessory that we have to install ourselves? Sure they do. At what point does an accessory become an option on only current year models? When Malibu won't sell it to you otherwise.

Should they sell the power wedge 2 as an option? Sure, I wish they would. I have a wedge on mine and would love to replace it with power wedge 2. I think both surfgate and power wedge 2 would have to come with a separate electronic control (surfgate to open and retract gates, wedge to go down when on plane/at speed) but it could be done.

G4 tower? To me that's even easier. If they make the tower with the correct dimensions already (based on the beam of the boat) why not sell it? If it would require new tower dimensions (in essence a new build to retrofit) I would say no.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked about retrofitting the new wedge on my 2014...No dice...totally different guts.

Love my 2014...but I get boat envy quick...

You didn't flip this year Cipro?

ive had 2012, 13,14,15 lsv models. the progression is amazing. the g4, wedge2.0, new dash and obviously surfgate make this the best boat ever. wake/ surfing/ family no one makes a better rig.

stoked to see the new boats in person.there are some rad thing coming.... :)

retrofitting is something that MC and Nautique has a advantage - with Surf Tab 2 and NSS. I would love to see more of that.

NSS is 2012.

NSS is 2012.

You sure? My buddy couldn't get it for his 2012 210...... He has tried and tried ever since our other friend got it retrofitted on his '13 G23. If there is a way, he would love to figure it out....

You sure? My buddy couldn't get it for his 2012 210...... He has tried and tried ever since our other friend got it retrofitted on his '13 G23. If there is a way, he would love to figure it out....

You must have the LINC 2.0 to get NSS. He probably has the Standard Edition (digital gauges, no screen)

You must have the LINC 2.0 to get NSS. He probably has the Standard Edition (digital gauges, no screen)

He has the screen, but I believe it is just the first version of LINC. In looking around for info on which screen he has, I noticed that the LINC 2.0 manual was written in late May of 2012. With that being the case, I'm guessing that very few 2012s (if any) would have it.... But I guess I wouldn't really know. Just hoping I could help him out, if there is a way.

NSS is 2012.

Oh so NSS came out before Surf gate?

Then what was that lawsuit about...?

You're wrong, dude... SG was introduced when model year 2013 came out (i.e. late summer 2012). NSS was introduced after SG, still in model year 2013, but it was a late addition. Many 2013's were built without it and retrofitted later by dealers. The first NSS boats were appearing at 2013 Boat Shows (aprox 6 months after SG hit the scene).