Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slalom Skiers

BlastRlxi

It sounds like it's about 50/50. Interesting. When I wakeboard, I am LFF but always RFF on the slalom ski.

Thanks for the replies.

I can't remember that far back as to why I ski RFF, its just always been that way. I tried LFF once and imbarrased myself. I learned to surf regular though and attempts at goofy style surfin have not been successful yet. I'm determined to surf goofy but my boat wake is not good enough on that side. Think I'll try it again this week.

M

Right Handed and LFF. Complete accident. When I was about 11 I was doing the lift one ski out of the water to get the feel of being on one. I was trying both sides and then the tip of the right one caught the water and came off. Mom was jumping to get the camera and that was all she wrote. Never tried it another way since.

left handed, left foot forward, when I learned to ski I was instructed to put the same foot in back that I would use to kick a ball.

Wait, you're supposed to kick the balls with your back foot as you make your turns through the course??? I knew I was doing something wrong. . .

Crazy.gif

LFF. Was always taught when a bit younger that Right handed = RFF and Left handed = LFF, however I have always been a master of doing the non-common thing.

Heck, I even married an Iowa girl.

I'm right handed and RFF. On a related note, how many people start a slalom run with both feet in the ski? Obviously if you have two full boots there is no choice. I have started a few times with both feet in, but it seems a world easier to start with one foot in and the other as a rudder.

Right handed and LFF for every kind of sport. I have been told the push test works well but I have seen people that get pushed and are LFF but are goofy footed. I never though of trying RFF on slalom, I bet that would be a disaster with me!!

LFF. I like the 'kicking the ball' idea. That makes alot of sense for determining the stablizing leg (the leg you use for planting your body should be on the front of the ski).

Left Handed, RFF for wake, slalom, surf. Actually, the only things I do left handed are write and eat. Other than being goofy footed, I do everything else as a right hander.

Right handed,LFF. On a wakeboard I try not to favor either even when starting. My brother is left handed,LFF. It was the way we rode a skateboard(homemade from an old pair of metal rollerskates) back in '64 when we learned to ski behind a 45 horse Merc. We used to switch feet just for fun but always stayed with LFF.

Edited by electricjohn