Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gator Step Turned out awesome,

Wakesetter67

I just put a set for a 22 MXZ on the Classifieds Postings. I should have gotten the lighter color to match my interior.... oh well somebody else will get a deal!

What color/style is that?

Ya know what, I'm really not sure. I didn't really pay that much attention I just went along with what everyone else was getting.

For me this is a great mod. My wife picks me up and drops me off at the ramp nose in always so I jump on and off the bow every day on the water. It was nice yesterday to have a little more confidence doing so.

Just PM'd you for my order.

I may be interested in doing the floor as well this winter...we'll see how well the bow piece matches the platform.

Thanks for doing this!

Ya know what, I'm really not sure. I didn't really pay that much attention I just went along with what everyone else was getting.

For me this is a great mod. My wife picks me up and drops me off at the ramp nose in always so I jump on and off the bow every day on the water. It was nice yesterday to have a little more confidence doing so.

Style is Pacific. Color is Pearl. Surface is Scraped.

Just PM'd you for my order.

I may be interested in doing the floor as well this winter...we'll see how well the bow piece matches the platform.

Thanks for doing this!

Got your PM and replied. You're welcome!

I think quite a few went with the pearl scraped. It's the lighter. I think I am getting the shark fin scraped which is a tad darker.

You did indeed go with Shark Fin which is a slightly darker complexion than the Pearl.

Pearl is the closest to the new Malibu / Axis Swim Platform color.

Installed the Pearl, Scraped on mine this past weekend. Turned out very nice. Can't post a pic from Tapatalk for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you guys get Masons email? Apparently UPS lost the order, its somewhere in West Sacrmanto/Rocklin hub and they are performing investigation right now. Welcome to my world :) this seems to be just my luck all the time!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.....any of y'all have more pictures? Looking to do the B1 and all Gunnel pieces. White hull. Trying to decide between pearl and shark fin......leaning pearl. Also molded or scraped finish.

By the way.....for folks not happy that they won't deal with small orders. Give them a break. Manufacturers aren't set up to deal at the retail level. Managing customers takes time and resrouces. I co-own an importer and distributor, and we'd much rather deal with dealers at lower margins, as I can spend as much time dealing wiht a few $20 orders for individual containers as I can a single $7000 pallet sized order. There are variable costs (materials) and fixed costs. Small orders cost money as the margin on the variable costs can't always overcome the fixed costs.

I just received Gator Step for the entire boat. I was planing on having the dealership install it, however it looks like you just peel and stick it. Anyone installed it themselves? Any tips? Do I need to clean the surface with something prior to installing? Any issues sticking this product to the etched floor surface?

Any advice is appreciated.

I plan on doing mine this winter as well, hopefully they will have the walk over piece templated by then. After 5 seasons now I need to get into it and buff out a few scuffs that will show on the smooth portions first. Then I am going to use dish soap and a stiff bristle brush to get in between the non slip grooves. I will follow that up with mineral spirits to remove any grease/oil that wouldn't come up. I would recommend wearing socks on the install to keep all the contact surfaces sterile so to speak.

Here is the price list for 22 VLX, looks like I would be in for about $89. B1, G7, G8. I would run the G7/8 pad behind the tower. Maybe GS can put together the three piece kit and call it the "basic" and start selling it as a package :)

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-18%20at%2012.47.

I feel honored they created that from my boat last winter!!