Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gator Step Turned out awesome,

Wakesetter67

I just ordered without the logos. They can't tell if or when they will have license approval from Malibu.

I personally would have liked to get the bow logo since its a pretty big area. They also agreed to break up the rear gunnels into three pieces since I liked the way the 22 looked.

I'll try and get some pictures up once installed.

Edited by Socalbu
  • Like 2

GB don't happen over night. I put HOURS of work to make sure every person has a positive experience. Plus this is full blown summer and orders are flying in so pulling a discount is harder then in the middle of winter.

D-GOOSE, I could be wrong about this but I think most of us are going to be fine with the prices in the price sheet posted in post #90 in this thread.... (i.e. is anyone really holding out for a discount from $33 for the nose piece?).... it's just the $250 minimum order we are hoping to avoid.

• Like 3

D-GOOSE, I could be wrong about this but I think most of us are going to be fine with the prices in the price sheet posted in post #90 in this thread.... (i.e. is anyone really holding out for a discount from $33 for the nose piece?).... it's just the $250 minimum order we are hoping to avoid.

yes, we really are just avoiding the minimum order. If we have more than 10 units, there's a small discount, but honestly saving $5 isn't a concern to anyone.

this is probably the worst time of year to get a group buy setup though, I'd rather be out riding than doing anything on my computer.

It's a wash for me at this point. If we can get it done I'm in. If not, I'm willing to wait until the fall and have the option for the Malibu logo or some variation of it.

• Like 3

you would be surprised at how many people would hold out for even a larger discount!

• Like 2

you would be surprised at how many people would hold out for even a larger discount!

I talked to Gatorstep yesterday and they told me it was a $300 minimum order?

I am waiting for a sample of Gator Step material. If I receive it and like it, I plan to buy the whole boat, and maybe they will allow me to order extra pieces based on whoever wants the front deck step, thereby avoiding the minimum.

I just got email response back from TJ at gator step, they won't sell anyone an order for less than $300. Apparently the machine they use to produce it requires a lot of different pattern changes for each piece. Kind of makes no sense to me, seems like the bow piece and two pieces behind the tower could be a hot selling package, why not make a lot of these and have them on hand to sell as a package for under $100???? He also mentioned there is no group buy happening. This definitely puts me OUT on the deal, I don't want to spend $300 on three pieces.

• Like 1

I just got email response back from TJ at gator step, they won't sell anyone an order for less than $300. Apparently the machine they use to produce it requires a lot of different pattern changes for each piece. Kind of makes no sense to me, seems like the bow piece and two pieces behind the tower could be a hot selling package, why not make a lot of these and have them on hand to sell as a package for under $100???? He also mentioned there is no group buy happening. This definitely puts me OUT on the deal, I don't want to spend $300 on three pieces.

What about getting the entire top deck done, Travis? I've considered this. Would all those pieces get you to $300?

I'm losing interest in this the further this thread goes, it appears the vendor is not interested in working with us to find a balance between increasing sales and visibility vs affordability. I for one am not interested in more than 5 pieces, which even when added up do not break their $300 min (as suggested above, I'm talking about just the top deck) .

So yeah, I think at this point, I'm going to go look for a different solution and bow out of this.. (pun intended) :)

I wonder if you guys could do your own group buy. Someone order all the pieces that people want. For example if 10 people want nose pieces there is $350 which would cover the minimum. Then they could distribute to the other members on the order. Just a thought.

^^^ I thought of that, but you would think the company wouldn't make people jump through hoops just to get their product. It would suck for whoever organized it to collect money and ship everything back out. Path of least resistance...

^^^ I thought of that, but you would think the company wouldn't make people jump through hoops just to get their product. It would suck for whoever organized it to collect money and ship everything back out. Path of least resistance...

Yeah really what should happen is Bakes should order 20 of each size and sell them for $45 apiece.