Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

Last time I checked. The law in MN and WI is either an hour or half hour after sunset.

Edit- MN is no skiing an hour after sunset until an hour before sunrise. WI is no skiing between sunset and sunrise. Guess I've broken the WI law on numerous occasions.

Per Wisconsin DNR webiste "a person may not be towed behind a vessel between sunset and sunrise."

Per Minnesota DNR website "Water-skiing, tubing and similar acts are prohibited between one hour after sunset to sunrise to the following day."

WI Reference: http://dnr.wi.gov/files/pdf/pubs/le/le0301.pdf

MN Reference: http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/boatwater/boatingguide.pdf

Edited by Arick

No doubt. I'd swap the steering wheel like oldjeep did, otherwise it's a beautiful boat. No possible way to convince the CFO this makes sense, though.

Sure there is. You want to ski tournaments next year. Therefore you need a boat with zero off and the newer hull design so it feels the same or extremely familiar at tournaments. You want it to feel the same because tournaments cost money and you might be a little nervous to ski because it's one and done so with it feeling the same you will be more comfortable and ski better, not waiting money on one pass... :biggrin:

• Like 2

Sure there is. You want to ski tournaments next year. Therefore you need a boat with zero off and the newer hull design so it feels the same or extremely familiar at tournaments. You want it to feel the same because tournaments cost money and you might be a little nervous to ski because it's one and done so with it feeling the same you will be more comfortable and ski better, not waiting money on one pass... :biggrin:

Dude!!!!

While I'm confident that you and I can talk ourselves into pretty much anything.....you do know what my wife's profession is, and you also know what challenges I had to just get the RLXi.

So, I'm going to continue to ski the heck out of the RLXi and love every minute of it. Otherwise, I'm moving into your spare bedroom! :Tease3:

• Like 1

Dude!!!!

While I'm confident that you and I can talk ourselves into pretty much anything.....you do know what my wife's profession is, and you also know what challenges I had to just get the RLXi.

So, I'm going to continue to ski the heck out of the RLXi and love every minute of it. Otherwise, I'm moving into your spare bedroom! :Tease3:

I didn't say it would work! I just said you have a reason haha. And I'm cool with the occupation of the spare bedroom. You just have to convince my wife :tease2:

Dude!!!!

You have the best year ever for the RLXi. Pop in Z-Box, invert the tach signal, and you're 95% of the way to ZO in a boat that has incredible wakes on par (IMO) with the TXi and a better barefoot boat if you ever do that. :)

There, did that help?

Dude!!!!

Vague memory on this subject.....divorce lawyer right?

You have the best year ever for the RLXi. Pop in Z-Box, invert the tach signal, and you're 95% of the way to ZO in a boat that has incredible wakes on par (IMO) with the TXi and a better barefoot boat if you ever do that. :)

There, did that help?

BIG TIME!!!

I honestly have no intention of getting rid of my RLXi. I love it! It's skis great, drives great, looks great and is all I ever wanted in a DD ski boat less the tower. Now that I have the tower though, I dig the heck out of the tower bimini. I do need to get PP and a Z-box. Mine had no PP when I got it. Maybe I can swing that next season.

I love skiing his boat too. But even better would be an ecm update AND zero off :biggrin:

I did some homework on that. Not entirely sure that's possible and if it is....not sure it's worth the bread. For 75% less I can run PP with a Z-box. If it's dialed in correctly, it will be as close to ZO as possible. That's likely what I'm going to do. I'll be searching over the winter for components.

Ah ok. Fair enough. I have no idea what it would take.

Usually requires a full repower to go ZO. I've skied ZO and ZBox and can't tell a difference. YMMV of course

Yeah, my understanding is that the ECM requirements for ZO are not compatible with the dash system. I also understand that there may be a compatibility issue with the ECM and the engine. I'm not confident that either of those statements are accurate, but with a presumed price tag north of 5k, it's simply not worth it and UW's suggestion gives me, IMO, the best I'll ever need for my purposes. I have to believe, as UW suggested, that a properly set up Z-box will be little to no different than ZO.

Don't think I've ever felt more sorry for a Trans Am and I've seen just about every ridiculous and disgusting mod at car shows you can imagine over the last 25 years. I mean I'm not an F-body fan at all and this offends me deeply. Not even sure what it's supposed to be. Mexican blanket perhaps?

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/5246276072.html

post-12034-0-94754200-1443758345_thumb.j