Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

Check out this "awesome" Craigslist find:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/2006-sanger-v215-awesome/6600272657.html

You will probably not find another boat of this caliber ever again.  The sad part, is the seller is serious about his posting. 

In all honesty, my starter boat was a 2004 Sanger V215 and it was a very reliable and durable boat.  My wife and I enjoyed our starter boat very much but finally had to move up to our 2015 22 VLX, which we lover even more.  

14 minutes ago, P6Expert said:

You will probably not find another boat of this caliber ever again. 

Sweet jeebus.  That interior!  What "thief" saw that neglected interior and then decided to steal parts?

3 hours ago, UWSkier said:

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=46754

Great deal for someone who knows how to do their own engine work.  Loaded TXi with Malivue, ZO, and the best looking tower ever put on a boat.

Is it really $10k for a new engine? That’s 2x+ the cost of an auto engine.

I did this for my last boat. Bought with bad engine. It cost me about $3k to put a new engine in it and I did the labor. I used a Chevy perf ZZ4 short block and re-used the heads and cam from the existing engine. Ran it for 9 years.

6k is what i paid to have my engine replaced with a Michigan Motorz enginer when it overheated on my 2 years ago.  10-12k is outrageous. 

1 minute ago, jhartt3 said:

6k is what i paid to have my engine replaced with a Michigan Motorz enginer when it overheated on my 2 years ago.  10-12k is outrageous. 

10-12K is likely a complete bobtail engine with the injection and ecu on it.

$9500 is what the local dealer quoted me 6 years ago.  This was an Indmar 340 Monsoon installed price.  

ahopkins22LSV
On 6/5/2018 at 6:30 PM, UWSkier said:

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=46754

Great deal for someone who knows how to do their own engine work.  Loaded TXi with Malivue, ZO, and the best looking tower ever put on a boat.

Could well be worth it... @Woodski ... ? :)

33 minutes ago, powbmps said:

Motor looks sweet.  255/45/17's on the trailer?  Perfect for high speed cornering with the boat in tow.

...and Z-rated Goodyear Eagles (if my Tahoe could only tow at 200 mph), with the "salad master" directional wheels.  Nice boat, but a bit over priced.  Mine is worth considerably less-Y'Vette is NOT a garage queen...

14 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Hell of a deal for that boat. All it needs is zero off. So for 32k ish you’d get one of the best ski boats out there. 

I thought so too. He originally had it posted for $34k a couple days ago and has already dropped to $30k so I would think he's open to negotiate a bit for a quick sale.

On 6/13/2018 at 3:10 PM, DWhynot said:

...and Z-rated Goodyear Eagles (if my Tahoe could only tow at 200 mph), with the "salad master" directional wheels.  Nice boat, but a bit over priced.  Mine is worth considerably less-Y'Vette is NOT a garage queen...

I'm not sure you're Tahoe will make it to 200, but this one might get closer :whistle: https://carbuzz.com/news/this-zr1-powered-chevy-tahoe-is-the-ultimate-sleeper-suv