Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

11 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

That always makes me laugh!  So your hoping for s complete newb to buy your boat at an inflated price(nauti curl ain’t surfgates and your boat is exsctky one year shy of having it from Malibu ).  Nothing wrong with getting your price but for  buyer to pay that premium so you can move up to a gate boat and you save the money snd not them they would have to be STUPID!!!!!  Good luck with that as there are fools out there that feel the warm blanket of the dealership is a motivating factor.  After my experience with my dealer and my laws in my state I would laugh in your face  

let me apologize in advance but I seriously doubt the purchaser gets to avoid sales tax on his invoice if you get a sales tax credit.  If they get the opportunity to go back to their state and only pay Trailer tax and have no tax on their invoice for the than agsin I apologize 

My local dealer is the one who suggested this. If buyer is willing to work through my dealer, I am willing to work on price more due to my tax savings. That is where the purchaser benefits. New owner always has to take care of taxes where they register it and that states tax rules. I bought my 06 and the sale all went through original owners dealer in MD. I live in TN and had to pay taxes on purchase by TN. rules when I registered it. I never said purchaser got tax credit.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Hundreds of sales are done like this all the time. Buyer is always responsible for paying sales tax whether it’s through a dealer or not. This doesn’t change anything for the person buying dalts boat. 

5 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Buyer is always responsible for paying sales tax whether it’s through a dealer or not. This doesn’t change anything for the person buying dalts boat. 

Not true, That can vary state to state. 

1 hour ago, Pnwrider said:

Not true, That can vary state to state. 

Very true.  In Kansas you pay sales tax on both the boat and trailer if purchased from a dealer.  However, if you purchase from an individual you only pay sales tax on the trailer, not the boat.

I've heard of other states that do something similar but unfortunately I can't recall which ones.

ahopkins22LSV

Right, I knew that just a brain fart. But either way. Dalt isn’t trying to bone any buyer, in state were the buyer pays tax on the boat and trailer 100’s of deals are run through the dealer. Doesn’t change anything for the person buying the used boat and the person selling their boat gets a tax break on their new boat. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, isellacuras said:

ca reg numbers in a Tx craigslist ad + too good to be true.  I call BS.

Happens all the time - usually the boats are legit and it's just a Nigerian Prince who's fallen on hard times and doesn't have the money to change the registration yet.  

Edited by Pra4sno
5 hours ago, asp13 said:

The guy posting this:

"Bought for 120k appraised at 65k selling for 35k discounted to 27k.  9 years old with 70 hrs."

K bud.   :lol:

In his defense, he did say it had an MSRP of $120k, not that he paid that. i don't see that as too far off base.  That boat doesn't do what i need a boat to do but i think it would be a fun runabout boat to take long trips out to dinner or something.  I've always liked the Vette boats.  I don't think $27k is all that bad of a price either but i am far from an expert on that boat.

• Like 2

I agree it would be a sick boat for a weekend esp if you ski/live on a small lake. That said I think you can leverage $35k in a lot better spaces! IMO 

Looks like another project boat.  Was 9000 "firm" but now under $5500?  Wonder just how bad it is...  Or if it's a scam.  Title says LXi.  Description says LX.  Photos say it's neither of those.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=31977

Edited by UWSkier
On 3/25/2018 at 11:17 PM, UWSkier said:

Looks like another project boat.  Was 9000 "firm" but now under $5500?  Wonder just how bad it is...  Or if it's a scam.  Title says LXi.  Description says LX.  Photos say it's neither of those.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=31977

West Palm...I suppose it could be an intercoastal boat, but even that seems sketchy with that little boat. 

57 minutes ago, 05hammerhead said:

West Palm...I suppose it could be an intercoastal boat, but even that seems sketchy with that little boat. 

PA registration and Florida boat...

On 3/26/2018 at 12:17 AM, UWSkier said:

Trailer from Massachusetts, PA registration, Florida location... and it looks like a regular response, closed bow. Someone tell me I shouldn't...