Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

ahopkins22LSV
50 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

How do you mean? Malibu wasn't the only mfg to use the tribal mess.  Looks stock to me. 

I’m guessing he is implying that it’s a malibu decal from the W in the middle of it. I know they had a wakesetter decal very similar to the one on that Supra. 

Like so...

3 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I’m guessing he is implying that it’s a malibu decal from the W in the middle of it. I know they had a wakesetter decal very similar to the one on that Supra. 

image.thumb.png.549fc904ce5f3774ec419ee31469f7bf.png

I am 99.9% certain that is a malibu wakesetter graphic on that boat.  So much so, that I was expecting the owner to be incorrect on the brand of the boat until I saw the interior.

Yeah it was definitely a wakesetter W tribal. They even got the forward swooping monster tower to imitate the illusion x. Their price seems kinda steep for a supra that year. 

1 hour ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Doesn't sound like he knows what he has here, could be a decent deal for someone if the interior is okay.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/d/1997-malibu-ski-wake-board/6473181298.html

I think they're being vague on purpose, especially with the lack of interior pics. It's a Tantrum with a Monster tower, that's about what it's worth. If it was a Response or Echelon that have the full interiors it would be worth more. 

• Like 2
On 2/1/2018 at 9:24 PM, Pra4sno said:

Very nice deal for someone looking for a VLX.  2012 with low hours and is in good shape.  Plates and location check out.  

https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/2012-malibu-vlx-black-yellow/6441516171.html

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/boa/d/2012-malibu-vlx/6469128616.html

So comparing this Denver boat to mine (Atlanta add), Do you think I'm in the ball park on pricing? I seem to have a lot of upgrades not listed it the Denver boat.

39 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

So comparing this Denver boat to mine (Atlanta add), Do you think I'm in the ball park on pricing? I seem to have a lot of upgrades not listed it the Denver boat.

That one has been there for a while. Yours could sell for close to the asking price when boats are hot in the spring but if you are really ready to get rid of it fast there have been some to sell around 50. That price point is close to what you can get something with a surf system which seems to be what everyone wants now. If you have been getting calls about it make sure and tell them why yours is better than the others out there priced lower. 

1 hour ago, dalt1 said:

One thing I see is hours many people think thats a lot of hours. Everyone thinks under 300 is low but almost 600 to a person new to boats thats a lot. How many times have you seen people ask o this forum so make sure they understand thats not many hours.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Bradley Thornton said:

One thing I see is hours many people think thats a lot of hours. Everyone thinks under 300 is low but almost 600 to a person new to boats thats a lot. How many times have you seen people ask o this forum so make sure they understand thats not many hours.

Understood. Will have to get people to view it in person to see actual condition. My 06 had over 1,000 hrs on it when I sold it, first person to actually look at it bought it!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Understood. Will have to get people to view it in person to see actual condition. My 06 had over 1,000 hrs on it when I sold it, first person to actually look at it bought it!

My 06 had higher hours also. I lost a couple of sales because I was still using it hard and it took having a new boat for a month then the first guy that looked at it bought it. Make sure it's cleaned up and wet sanded and buffed to perfection not a single scratch and that will help a lot. 

On 2/5/2018 at 8:55 PM, dalt1 said:

On 2/6/2018 at 3:43 PM, robbennett said:

My 06 had higher hours also. I lost a couple of sales because I was still using it hard and it took having a new boat for a month then the first guy that looked at it bought it. Make sure it's cleaned up and wet sanded and buffed to perfection not a single scratch and that will help a lot. 

Oh she is clean now. Always is, she gets to live her trailer life in my garage at home and gets plenty of attention.

IMG_7311.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dalt1 said:

Oh she is clean now. Always is, she gets to live her trailer life in my garage at home and gets plenty of attention.

IMG_7311.jpg

I'm sure it will sell easily when the buyer finds it. I don't know what the sales tax rule is in your state but in GA you don't pay it when you buy from a private owner. That can make several thousand difference with fees if someone is looking at another one at a dealer. I'd put that in the ad if that's the case where you are. 

16 minutes ago, robbennett said:

I'm sure it will sell easily when the buyer finds it. I don't know what the sales tax rule is in your state but in GA you don't pay it when you buy from a private owner. That can make several thousand difference with fees if someone is looking at another one at a dealer. I'd put that in the ad if that's the case where you are. 

I'm in Tn. but boat is registered in GA. Sale needs to go through TNT Malibu dealer here so I can save on the sales tax on my next one from them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 7:55 PM, dalt1 said:

I'm in Tn. but boat is registered in GA. Sale needs to go through TNT Malibu dealer here so I can save on the sales tax on my next one from them.

That always makes me laugh!  So your hoping for s complete newb to buy your boat at an inflated price(nauti curl ain’t surfgates and your boat is exsctky one year shy of having it from Malibu ).  Nothing wrong with getting your price but for  buyer to pay that premium so you can move up to a gate boat and you save the money snd not them they would have to be STUPID!!!!!  Good luck with that as there are fools out there that feel the warm blanket of the dealership is a motivating factor.  After my experience with my dealer and my laws in my state I would laugh in your face  

let me apologize in advance but I seriously doubt the purchaser gets to avoid sales tax on his invoice if you get a sales tax credit.  If they get the opportunity to go back to their state and only pay Trailer tax and have no tax on their invoice for the than agsin I apologize 

Edited by granddaddy55