Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

18 hours ago, minnmarker said:

Background looks like a nice neighborhood on Lake Minnetonka so the boat is probably pocket change to the owner.  Likely not a rep with that house.  If they're really moving and have to sell right away, somebody's going to get a great deal.

actually the rep for Centurion lives on Tonka - been there ... but the lift/dock didn't look like his to be honest.  I was contemplating the one down in Georgia for a bit but this time (after I was told that I'm another boat buyer who doesn't check the specs) I did my homework ... too much draft - the 27" for the 23LSV okay but I'm worrying about the draft of the 25LSV or the 24MXZ which is 32" ... tough for the lake I'm on.  However - the most surprising thing I found out is that the G23 has only 24" ... would have never guessed.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ndawg12 said:

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/d/1987-malibu-skier-inboard-ski/6400110133.html

man would this rebuild be fun, I wish I had a shop big enough to have a couple restoration projects like this going on.  

That thing probably isn't as bad as it looks really. If it did in fact run 3 years ago when winterized it would probably just be a pull interior and carpet sand and buff the whole thing, lay down seadek and install new interior. If it was a little closer I'd probably scoop it up.

2 hours ago, robbennett said:

That thing probably isn't as bad as it looks really. If it did in fact run 3 years ago when winterized it would probably just be a pull interior and carpet sand and buff the whole thing, lay down seadek and install new interior. If it was a little closer I'd probably scoop it up.

'87 is wood stringers, my guess is that they're rotted out after sitting for ~3 years.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mikeo said:

'87 is wood stringers, my guess is that they're rotted out after sitting for ~3 years.

Didn't even know about wood. You are probably right! Especially with all the leaves and moisture that looks like is in it. 

On 12/1/2017 at 11:28 AM, NAW said:

IMO, resale has more to do with brand awareness, distribution network, and buyer perception.  

Unfortunately, those that bought those boats with resale in mind might get stung.  However, if you were one of the many who bought at (or close) to cost, you should probably do ok.

Without thinking twice.  

Me2

4 hours ago, robbennett said:

Didn't even know about wood. You are probably right! Especially with all the leaves and moisture that looks like is in it. 

I believe that '92 was the last of the wood stringers, and that '93 moved to the Fibecs system. I know my '93 was all fiberglass/composite.

Use google to search the site, use this string in the search box:
"wood stringers" site:themalibucrew.com

You'll get the history of Malibu construction and tips/tricks on checking stringers for integrity.

16 hours ago, Ndawg12 said:

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/d/1987-malibu-skier-inboard-ski/6400110133.html

man would this rebuild be fun, I wish I had a shop big enough to have a couple restoration projects like this going on.  

looks priced $999 too high.  I'll bet the floor and stringers are completely rotted out.

On 12/16/2017 at 9:56 PM, SCMike said:

This thing sold for WAY cheaper and they did a couple band aid fixes and are trying to flip it. It looked REAL rough when they originally bought it. I do believe it was a ski school boat in salt!

1 minute ago, TC_2006_VLX said:

This thing sold for WAY cheaper and they did a couple band aid fixes and are trying to flip it. It looked REAL rough when they originally bought it. I do believe it was a ski school boat in salt!

It was. They just sold 2 2016 models with better colors and similar hours for 30k. Good boats for someone that wants to get into one cheap and use the crap out of it since they are mechanically maintained. 

13 hours ago, RyanB said:

This ad says it would make a great Christmas gift, so if anyone was wondering what to buy me, here is an idea.

I have no idea when I would use them, but man they would be COOL!

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/grd/d/snow-tracks-for-vehicle/6430098945.html

OK.  Those are very cool.  Can't imagine I'd get to use them more than once or twice every 4-5 years, but man that would be awesome.

49 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Seems really cheap.  Wonder how many hours?

I know Munson Ski is in Lakemoor. But I dont see it on their website. Looks like its on their property in some of the pictures.

11 minutes ago, SCMike said:

Looks like the add is already pulled down.

I replied to the ad and Ski-it-again was nice enough to reply back and said that they were pretty sure it was a scam.   Something like the owners are now in Spain and the boat is at a shipper.

I appreciate that the are monitoring the posts and responded.