Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

6 minutes ago, Arick said:

Good post with this price deduction!  Crazy deal.  Saw this a few weeks ago as well - this guy has sadly picked the wrong time of year to sell. 

If it has been as well maintained as he says, at $7500 it was a great deal and at $5500 its a steal especially with EFI, no computron, and a good trailer.  I was quoted $450 by my local upholstery shop to replace all of the bottom seat skins on my Echelon so his note about the driveseat tear shouldn't scare anyone off.  

20 minutes ago, Pra4sno said:

Good post with this price deduction!  Crazy deal.  Saw this a few weeks ago as well - this guy has sadly picked the wrong time of year to sell. 

If it has been as well maintained as he says, at $7500 it was a great deal and at $5500 its a steal especially with EFI, no computron, and a good trailer.  I was quoted $450 by my local upholstery shop to replace all of the bottom seat skins on my Echelon so his note about the driveseat tear shouldn't scare anyone off.  

That really is a steal. 

5 minutes ago, AJwakedevil said:

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2006-Malibu-21-LSV-for-sale-Vienna-West-Virginia-71045.aspx

Dont see 21LSV much. Is it just me or is the wedge mounted backwards...? I wonder what else is wrong if that got messed up...

Yes, they just need to unbolt it from the mounting plate and flip it around.  Looks like someone played a trick on them :lol:  

2 hours ago, AJwakedevil said:

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2006-Malibu-21-LSV-for-sale-Vienna-West-Virginia-71045.aspx

Dont see 21LSV much. Is it just me or is the wedge mounted backwards...? I wonder what else is wrong if that got messed up...

The location of that sub in the drivers footwell makes me cringe.  There would be a ski or a foot through that in an afternoon with how little free space I have on my boat.  

2 hours ago, Pra4sno said:

The location of that sub in the drivers footwell makes me cringe.  There would be a ski or a foot through that in an afternoon with how little free space I have on my boat.  

Years ago I thought the same thing. But in reality there is quite a bit of foot room up there. I'm 6'1" & don't have any lack of room for legs & feet. If necessary I could slide the seat back further & can't even come close to kicking the sub.

I've been in & worked on quite a few boats & never seen or heard of anyone that kicked their sub in.

6 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Thought this seemed reasonable. Not sure if it's a direct drive or v drive since i don't know the older boats so well. My guess is direct drive due to the creative picture taking. 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/2004-malibu-sunscape-23-lsv/6385728024.html

sunscape is a v drive.

9 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Thought this seemed reasonable. Not sure if it's a direct drive or v drive since i don't know the older boats so well. My guess is direct drive due to the creative picture taking. 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/2004-malibu-sunscape-23-lsv/6385728024.html

That's a really good price unless there's something major wrong that's not listed.

$10,000 higher would seem a reasonable listing price.

6 minutes ago, JeffK said:

For sure.  Based on the video I'd make my first item checking the impeller.  :)

I doubt that is an issue - happen to notice that only the alternator belt seems to be on in the video?

Edited by oldjeep
18 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I doubt that is an issue - happen to notice that only the alternator belt seems to be on in the video?

I was only joking based on it running with no water coming out the back.