Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

22 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

anybody know what the deal is with this 247 with 8.1 for $39999?

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2006-Malibu-247-Wakesetter-188-Hours--for-sale-Issaquah-Washington-55237.aspx

I had talked to them a bit ago.  This boat has been sold.  It was in desperate need of interior and a few small things.  Sat on the market a little while.

I would not want the vette with lot rot. Gimme one with some hours on it that's been run a little here and there ya know. 

Edited by TexasTexas95
37 minutes ago, TexasTexas95 said:

I would not want the vette with lot rot. Gimme one with some hours on it that's been run a little here and there ya know. 

For what it sounds like the guy was a car collector, most of those guys know how to store things extremely well. From the pictures the motor and everything look clean enough to eat off of, I would give it a look but not for $75,000.

10 minutes ago, TexasTexas95 said:

Yea. True, clean as hell for sure. It's really pretty. What do you do with that boat though? It's too much $ for what it is, and kinda pricey to sit around like a paper weight right....

I collect cool old stuff like guns and things but the little kid in me can't help but use these things. I've played ball in the streets as a kid with autographed Nolan Ryan baseball (whoops).  Hell, I got an old coke machine from 1948 that was sitting unused from my Uncle who won it when he worked as a sales rep for Coke. He gave it to me, it was (still is) in pristine condition. $100 in parts and it literally delivers the coldest coronita's 10 cents can buy.   Would it have been worth more if I sold it to the coke collectors of the world in unused condition, maybe? But screw that, life is short. I'm gonna use my coke machine for little refreshing beers and I'm gonna drive my vette boat (that I don't have)  like I stole it :) 

We have a 1960s Cleveland Coke machine. Coldest blue moon's 25 cents can buy :)

• Like 2

@Michigan boarder Dude! Ain't that just livin life right there?! I am so all about burnin the tires right off life. That doesn't mean I don't take care of myself, my life, or stay healthy. Just gonna have fun the whole time.  

A good buddy of mine (we worked in the oil field together) lives in this crap hole town of Fabens, Texas. It's a dusty border town with a few shady characters in it an the houses consist of widths from single to double if they aren't strewn together from left over construction material. He lives on 2 dusty acres in a single wide (clean, and well kept but definitely a 1980's single wide) with a wife, and two kids. This guy makes $125,000 a year, working two weeks on, two weeks off. He drives a lifted $60,000 truck, has a little purple 2 door Chevrolet truck with an LS swap that he likes to mod, about a $40,000 dune buggy, and a stable with about 5 horses. I told him that he needs to move out of this crap hole, start saving, and get into a nice little on the east side. He's like hell naw, right here is my paradise. I have everything I want in life. My wife and kids, mi familia, and my fun. It's crazy but I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't agree with him...

• Like 2

Yep, you gotta stay out there in the mix, doing the fun stuff, the stuff that makes you happy!  Heck, I can even tie this into last night.  We have been too busy to get to the lake house to do spring cleaning, and it's been in the 60's and 70's and dry here for a week.  Looking at the weather, we need to get the yard done, and rain is moving in today or tomorrow.  Here is the timeline, starting yesterday at 5:30pm:

• 5:30pm     I arrive home from work
  • 6:15pm     Wife and I head to lake
  • 8:00pm     Arrive at lake.  Start to trim ornamental grasses (lots of it), bushes, rake yard
  • 8:30pm     Sunset.  Start fire to begin burning all the stuff.  Tarpload upon tarpload of leaves, sticks, everything.  8 or 9 tarploads.  Car in the driveway, pointing headlights at the areas we are working on
  • 11:30pm   She keeps burning, I am using a blower to clean the driveway, and patios.  We've each had a few beers by now too.
  • 12:00am   I spread fertilizer, and we finish up stoking the fire.  A few more beers and laughs - it's like 65 degrees out still.
  • 12:30am   We go inside.  The water heater has failed.  I take a COLD shower after her daring me, to show her how tough I am, she heats some water on the stove and cleans up with that.  We are laughing thru it all, messing with each other.
  • 12:45am   Celebratory romp.  No kids around!
  • 1:00am     Bedtime
  • 4:00am     Time to get up!  Make expresso's (mocha's), pack up and we roll
  • 4:30am     Depart from lake
  • 6:15am     Arrive home
  • 6:30am     Kids (we have 3) are waking up, start the morning routine.
  • Today is a normal day, me at work and her running some errands and billing for some over her freelance stuff
  • Tonight we will do our weekly meeting/training with the show ski team

The fun never stops, we just keep on from one thing to another.  I would never let a car or boat slow me down from any of that, not what life's about.

• Like 2

I picked up a 72 cutlass convertible a couple years ago with 13,000 original miles. will it be worth a lot less when it hits 50,000 miles in a few years? I don't care.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Stevo said:

That price seems high, also i like the 10yr old pics

Shoot wish i would have got that price for my 06 i sold a couple months ago haha

2 hours ago, Stevo said:

That price seems high, also i like the 10yr old pics

Or the fact that it says, "We ordered the boat new and had it painted with the 2005 paint scheme."

WTH??