Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

The multispeaker boat ad is now gone. I want a pair or two of the REV 10's if they are in working order. I wonder what the boat looks like under the wrap that he could not just leave bare gel? Replacing the wrap is probably like throwing good money after bad.

People like wraps, but nobody wants to buy somebody else's wrapped boat. Kind of a strange observation, but I believe it is very true.

You think he ever actually rode behind that boat at all?

Why else would he need so many speakers?... Coming from a guy with no tower speakers at all :whistle:

I did think about that before my post and hit send anyway lol. Just funny to think how much over the manufactures dry weight that boat probably is.

• Like 1

Why else would he need so many speakers?... Coming from a guy with no tower speakers at all :whistle:

I did think about that before my post and hit send anyway lol. Just funny to think how much over the manufactures dry weight that boat probably is.

And how screwed up the center of gravity is!

Didn't it have like 280 hrs on it? Thats not riding hours. Thats booze cruising from the ramp to the bar & back hours.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I would be worried of the condition of the speakers. I have heard through the grapevine that at least one manufacturer would not sell to him anymore because of him not tuning it in correctly and blowing subs causing them to look bad.

Also he doesnt have a cover for it... just from how I baby my boat I can imagine not having a cover. Somethings wont scrub out and i do believe this boat is a prime candidate of such things.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Arick said:

Its slow at work.  Any deals to stare at?  :D

You gotta give us something to work with? You want to spend 20k? I'm thinking a 2001-2004 Wakesetter on the SV23??? Or DD?

There have been at least 3 2005 VLX's sold under 30k this year too on the V25 hull. You need to find them Day 1, but they exist. One sold for 22k list.

12 minutes ago, 95echelon said:

You gotta give us something to work with? You want to spend 20k? I'm thinking a 2001-2004 Wakesetter on the SV23??? Or DD?

There have been at least 3 2005 VLX's sold under 30k this year too on the V25 hull. You need to find them Day 1, but they exist. One sold for 22k list.

I just like to drool. I have two boats right now..  Unless of course the the perfect deal showed up.  Then I would jump on it!

Edited by Arick
14 minutes ago, Arick said:

I just like to drool. I have two boats right now..  Unless of course the the perfect deal showed up.  Then I would jump on it!

Just sell your two boats and 'enhance' your budget. There are '15 VLXs to be had in the low 70's around here.

:biggrin:

1 hour ago, RedOwl said:

Just sell your two boats and 'enhance' your budget. There are '15 VLXs to be had in the low 70's around here.

:biggrin:

I like where your heads at!  I'd still have to be in the 20k range.  Trying to save up for a lake house...

5 minutes ago, Arick said:

I like where your heads at!  I'd still have to be in the 20k range.  Trying to save up for a lake house...

You may need to sell 9 or 10 boats to get a lake house in Madison...

(My wife and I are actually in the same boat - pun intended)

1 hour ago, RedOwl said:

You may need to sell 9 or 10 boats to get a lake house in Madison...

(My wife and I are actually in the same boat - pun intended)

and a testicle... But seriously, the lake homes around here are priced pretty dam high.  I'm just shooting for the channel on the Monona.