Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

I have a family friend who is selling their 93 echelon with…… wait for it…….

73 hours. Yes 73. 

350 mag super clean interior/exterior and trailer. 

maintained yearly by a very reputable shop it our area. 

curious what and or who it will go for. They asked for my advice and I sent them to onlyinboards so we will see 

35 minutes ago, ThinBuLine said:

I have a family friend who is selling their 93 echelon with…… wait for it…….

73 hours. Yes 73. 

350 mag super clean interior/exterior and trailer. 

maintained yearly by a very reputable shop it our area. 

curious what and or who it will go for. They asked for my advice and I sent them to onlyinboards so we will see 

As exciting as a low hour boat is, I would be more afraid of that low of hours. Interested but cautious still. 

On 6/8/2022 at 6:02 PM, 06malibu said:

As exciting as a low hour boat is, I would be more afraid of that low of hours. Interested but cautious still. 

If it was ran every year and maintained properly, should be great. Otherwise could be lots of new hoses and other items.

• 3 weeks later...

I would question the location of this boat. The California CF number registration and the 2019 Tag.  Could be an old photo.

the owner could have moved from Calif to Fond du lac WI. 

They will have to up date the photos if this is the case. Allot can happen in three years of cold weather in Wisconsin.

6 hours ago, footndale said:

Edited by Rack
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, footndale said:

Dexter 3600lb torsion axles off boatmate trailer

https://www.facebook.com/groups/327295504286386/permalink/1766564763692779/

Be sure to check that the internal rubber torsion bar axle bushings are not shot. If the bushing is bad the axle is worthless as the bushings are not replaceable! At least they weren’t when I replaced my axle in 2016.

Edited by wdr
Cl
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not on Facebook so I cannot see the post. I assume the boat for sale is a Cobalt CS from the late 90s?

We owned a 1998 CS 202. Really nice boat. IIRC, Cobalt purchased molds from Hydrodyne for the hull.  Our boat had the Black Scorpion motor, and it would vapor lock on very hot days even though equipped with the fuel cooler.

12 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Though Cobalt is a known brand...they aren't a known brand for inboards.  That's TOP dollar for that vintage direct drive - I can't imagine someone buying that over a brand known for inboards.

I agree. To me it would sell to a cobalt enthusiast who wants a skI boat. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Murphys said:

I'm not on Facebook so I cannot see the post. I assume the boat for sale is a Cobalt CS from the late 90s?

We owned a 1998 CS 202. Really nice boat. IIRC, Cobalt purchased molds from Hydrodyne for the hull.  Our boat had the Black Scorpion motor, and it would vapor lock on very hot days even though equipped with the fuel cooler.

Correct on the hull origin.  My Hydrodyne is the same from the rail down as the Cobalts were, and the top-deck I believe is the same as the last handful of Hydrodynes that went out of the factory in 97.  It's a really nice multi-sport hull, and built with the Cobalt quality, but any hopes of pulling $27k for that is a pipe dream (especially considering it's been on the market for 6 months).

On 9/1/2022 at 10:17 PM, Murphys said:

You don't have to be on Facebook to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=64927

I know a guy in Texas who said he'd love to have a late model Response LXi someday just to have as a cruise-around boat.  This one is about as clean, sharp, and low hours as you'll find from that first vintage.  Sharp boat!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, UWSkier said:

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=64927

I know a guy in Texas who said he'd love to have a late model Response LXi someday just to have as a cruise-around boat.  This one is about as clean, sharp, and low hours as you'll find from that first vintage.  Sharp boat!

I have nearly the same boat that I'm going to be listing soon.