Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

And this is actually a fairly decent looking platypus TXI... but 60k for a 2017 with a thousand hours on it when a new Prostar can be had for 65k (if you got a build slot)?

People are charging gonzo prices right now...  Kinda wish I had two boats so i could sell one for 20-50% more than it's worth...

• Like 3
8 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Everytime I see things like this, I consider selling my RLXi and joining a local ski club.  The returns pay for 10 years of club membership.  Something to think about.....

10 minutes ago, vaporbluebu said:

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/63226867

How about this poor soul who bought a project auction boat sight unseen? The only things of value I see is the trailer and the tower. I’d give him $3k for it and he’s asking $25k. I sure hope he didn’t pay anywhere near that, but I’m guessing he did.

That looks like a bad repo. Knowing it was gonna get repoed they took off anything they thought they could sell and trashed the rest out of spite. 
Wouldn't surprise me if the block is toast also. 

It would be a good boat if you had one that had hull damage to combine the two.

Or maybe a good start to a diesel swap? 
But I'd be looking at closer to 10k at best. 

36 minutes ago, vaporbluebu said:

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/63226867

How about this poor soul who bought a project auction boat sight unseen? The only things of value I see is the trailer and the tower. I’d give him $3k for it and he’s asking $25k. I sure hope he didn’t pay anywhere near that, but I’m guessing he did.

I think it sank and was totalled.  Then it went to some salvage yard where it was picked apart while it was sitting there.

4 minutes ago, footndale said:

Specs say V25, but did they also come with Diamond?

It was an option, unfortunately they don't have a picture from the correct angle to be able to tell.  Bid ends in about 4 hours unless they get a couple of bidders going at it near the end.

Edited by oldjeep
  • 2 weeks later...

That skier looks overpriced IMHO.  And up here there's a 1996 Tatrum FS for about $7500 US.  BTW, interesting to read the want ads and literally see LOTS of want ads for boats.  All kinds:  surf, slalom, etc.

Only overpriced if nobody buys it.  Normally this time of year there are dozens and dozens of Malibus for sale on the local CL.  There are 6 right now.

The 50K 2007 Response LXI will likely sit forever, but the rest will likely go quick.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/d/saint-paul-2007-malibu-response-lxi/7283807045.html

Edited by oldjeep
4 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Only overpriced if nobody buys it. 

True.  Some of the crap I sell on eBay for prices that astounds me, astounds me.  Like Dad used to say "It is worth a dollar les than someone will pay for it".

Just now, CharlieBeaU said:

I have a friend calling on this boat right now

Portland 2016 23 LSV

I told him it seems priced too low with a very vague description. Looks like a scam to me. We'll see.

Never mind. Just got flagged for removal. Scam confirmed.