Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

19 minutes ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

Not sure how someone comes across 4 of these but at $400 a piece is a steal. 🤔 Pretty sure the new swim step is about a $2k (MSRP) upgrade...

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/d/gainesville-malibu-axis-wakeboard-boat/7192013667.html

Wow. That’s a find right there. Great deal but it does make you go hmmmm...

19 minutes ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

Not sure how someone comes across 4 of these but at $400 a piece is a steal. 🤔 Pretty sure the new swim step is about a $2k (MSRP) upgrade...

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/d/gainesville-malibu-axis-wakeboard-boat/7192013667.html

Is there a dealer in the area missing a bunch of platforms?

33 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Is there a dealer in the area missing a bunch of platforms?

Dealer, local marina, storage lot...someones gotta be missing these.  To good to be true and frankly how does someone come up with 4 at the same time without these being hot

Edited by RedWakesetterVLX
Just now, RedWakesetterVLX said:

Dealer, local marina, storage lot...someones gotta be missing these.  To good to be true and frankly how does someone come up with 4 at the same time.  

And why $400 a pop?   When a new platform runs 5-6K? And posted on the Interwebs??  This is the sort of thing that one  sees at scuzzy boat ramps.

11 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

And why $400 a pop?   When a new platform runs 5-6K? And posted on the Interwebs??  This is the sort of thing that one  sees at scuzzy boat ramps.

4 for the price of 1!  Who is going to hit them up on this and see how they explain that?

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 3:09 PM, Michigan boarder said:

Riser gaskets, exhaust tubes, thermostat, impeller, all replaced.  It sounds like it overheated recently.

don't think its been over heated,  I bought this boat this weekend.  Put 4 hours on it over Friday and Saturday.  Guy I bought it from put 2000 in repairs.  Dealership recommended the stuff, as typical maintence items since it was 21 yrs old.  It does not have center windshield, only drawback. 

4 minutes ago, Bwoody16 said:

don't think its been over heated,  I bought this boat this weekend.  Put 4 hours on it over Friday and Saturday.  Guy I bought it from put 2000 in repairs.  Dealership recommended the stuff, as typical maintence items since it was 21 yrs old.  It does not have center windshield, only drawback. 

Congrats on new boat.

Yeah definitely could be proactive maintenance but also all could be from an overheat.  Did you compression test?

Edited by RedWakesetterVLX
18 minutes ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

Congrats on new boat.

Yeah definitely could be proactive maintenance but also all could be from an overheat.  Did you compression test?

Now you got me nervous, no I did not, previous owner did.  He was honest and up front about everything.  Told me if I had any problems to let him know and would make it right. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Bwoody16 said:

Congratulations!!  Four hours of problem free run time is great, there's probably nothing wrong with it.  Those are typical maintenance items except for the exhaust tubes, those usually last forever.

5 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

Congratulations!!  Four hours of problem free run time is great, there's probably nothing wrong with it.  Those are typical maintenance items except for the exhaust tubes, those usually last forever.

@Michigan boarder

Thanks, old owner basically told the dealership to fix whatever needed fixed.  They had it on the water and  ran it.  They replaced all the carpet on the bunks, new trailer bumper covers even, re packed the shaft.  Boat is very clean, did some things to the block this weekend to make it easier to drain/winterize.  Noticed no visual signs of overheating.  Bottom of the hull is clean, its been taken care of.  I hope it treats me well, trying to find a center windshield, not for sure if its needed yet. 

Edited by Bwoody16
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Just fills my heart with joy to see these boats selling for more than I paid in 2014 ;)

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/d/mound-2012-malibu-vtx/7192024322.html

Sold my old ski boat thinking I’d wait until next spring to upgrade hoping the market would settle down... turns out I don’t have any discipline or self control and I am over paying for the next project. But I’m going to have a blast this winter getting ready for next year