Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

On 7/8/2020 at 10:46 PM, UWSkier said:

If this boat isn't trashed it's the second best deal I've ever seen on a Malibu DD. Any of our Midwest guys wanting the best slalom boat Malibu ever made, here you go. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/245676212293914?view=permalink&id=1310572502470941

Have a friend inquiring on it and they are responding. Now to see how legit it is.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:46 PM, UWSkier said:

If this boat isn't trashed it's the second best deal I've ever seen on a Malibu DD. Any of our Midwest guys wanting the best slalom boat Malibu ever made, here you go. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/245676212293914?view=permalink&id=1310572502470941

What's the best deal?  (I took the bait there didn't I........?)

17 hours ago, footndale said:

Have a friend inquiring on it and they are responding. Now to see how legit it is.

That boat has been for sale locally for some time and the price has continued to drop.  If it's legit, it would be a great boat for any slalom skier.  

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

That boat has been for sale locally for some time and the price has continued to drop.  If it's legit, it would be a great boat for any slalom skier.  

Interesting that it is about 10K lower then normal too.

53 minutes ago, dfarhood said:

You could opt to not have them put one on.  I believe you could also order this boat on the Diamond hull for a couple years, meaning this might be the same boat as the excellent-skiing '02-04 Sunscape 21 LSV in "Fakesetter" trim.

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, dfarhood said:

7 hours ago, UWSkier said:

You could opt to not have them put one on.  I believe you could also order this boat on the Diamond hull for a couple years, meaning this might be the same boat as the excellent-skiing '02-04 Sunscape 21 LSV in "Fakesetter" trim.

FWIW you can still order a Wakesetter today without any tower, surfgate, ballast or wedge. 

18 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I saw an 05 vride for sale in Michigan not that long ago that appeared to be on a diamond hull, no one ever seems to mention this when recommending v-drive slalom/crossover boats. It's always 01 sunsetter VLX, 02-04 Sunscape 21 LSV. To be fair I have only seen one this way and a bunch more on the wake hull, but it is pretty slim pickins trying to find a short diamond hull v-drive. Everyone also seems to think going 04 plus is well worth the gorilla fins so scoring a vride seems ideal, but then that starts to overlap the sunscape 20 budget..

11 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

FWIW you can still order a Wakesetter today without any tower, surfgate, ballast or wedge. 

Seems like a very odd thing for anyone to do, if they still made direct drive boats that weren't a response I'd get it more, I also wish there were and Axis version of the VTX but that is a different problem.

1 hour ago, dfarhood said:

I saw an 05 vride for sale in Michigan not that long ago that appeared to be on a diamond hull, no one ever seems to mention this when recommending v-drive slalom/crossover boats. It's always 01 sunsetter VLX, 02-04 Sunscape 21 LSV. To be fair I have only seen one this way and a bunch more on the wake hull, but it is pretty slim pickins trying to find a short diamond hull v-drive. Everyone also seems to think going 04 plus is well worth the gorilla fins so scoring a vride seems ideal, but then that starts to overlap the sunscape 20 budget..

V-rides on diamond hulls are very rare beasts.

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, dfarhood said:

Seems like a very odd thing for anyone to do, if they still made direct drive boats that weren't a response I'd get it more, I also wish there were and Axis version of the VTX but that is a different problem.

Oh I wouldn’t suggest it lol. And I agree that would be awesome to have the VTX hull in an Axis. Like a T20

I wonder if Malibu keeps all their old molds.  They've had some absolutely outstanding hulls through the years.  Would be cool if they'd dust off the Sunsetter LXi hull mold and build a new top mold to go inside it using the new construction method.  Same thing with the OG VTX.  Make one of those with new construction and put it in the Axis line.

• Like 2

I imagine they don't save the molds just due to shop space, but everything should still exist in CAD. Unfortunately I imagine convincing Malibu to bring back an old boat would go about the same as trying to buy a T3 tower... I have been meaning to inquire Scott at StarOne/Titan now that he bought the name back does Malibu still own the rights to that tower.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I wonder if Malibu keeps all their old molds.  They've had some absolutely outstanding hulls through the years.  Would be cool if they'd dust off the Sunsetter LXi hull mold and build a new top mold to go inside it using the new construction method.  Same thing with the OG VTX.  Make one of those with new construction and put it in the Axis line.

Skiers Choice does this. They have a warehouse of all of their old molds. 

On 7/15/2020 at 8:38 AM, Slayer said:

It is making it's way to Wis. today. Friend picked it up. Has some TLC do on engine, but sounds like a good deal. 

• Like 3