Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

1 hour ago, bass10a said:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/boa/d/klamath-falls-2013-malibu-247-lsv-572/7151521203.html

here’s one I came across last night.  I shall name it “The McSetter” 

Dual Captains!  Don't see that very often anymore.  Wonder if Malibu will still let you order a boat with those.

4 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

Most of the time it seems like these insane color schemes are college colors. This would be ASU, right?

Yep.  Would appear so.

formulaben
14 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

Most of the time it seems like these insane color schemes are college colors. This would be ASU, right?

I was thinking USC...pretty much the same.  But I love "McSetter." :lol:

ahopkins22LSV
16 hours ago, carnold12 said:

I really wanted to believe that this was just someone with mad photoshop skills trolling their buddy with a fake Craigslist ad, but the attention to detail on the shoes is just too much. We need the full backstory here folks!!

99% sure it’s not photoshop. I’d love to know the history of this purchase...

On 7/1/2020 at 6:47 AM, oldjeep said:

300,000 must be cash no checks or money orders or cashier's checks will be accepted.

Let me go find my silver briefcase with that spare million I keep laying around for fun money.

Out of curiosity - what is that boat worth at full MSRP?  300K seems a tad high for the boat and an old armored truck.

Drug dealer boat. It’s legal in Co but you can’t use the banking system

Edited by braindamage
5 hours ago, braindamage said:

Drug dealer boat. It’s legal in Co but you can’t use the banking system

So when it's not towing the boat the armored car can actually be used for its intended purpose, transporting cash from dispensaries to home safes or self storage units.  

Edited by John I.
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

99% sure it’s not photoshop. I’d love to know the history of this purchase...

Yeesh, that is from 2 weeks ago.  Be sad to have spent all that money on a new toy and be trying to sell it already

I tried to buy a boat from them a few years back oldjeep, they didn't budge a bit on price, and I think they were priced pretty high.  Looking at that ad, I'd say they are still priced pretty high. 

10 minutes ago, Sixer said:

I tried to buy a boat from them a few years back oldjeep, they didn't budge a bit on price, and I think they were priced pretty high.  Looking at that ad, I'd say they are still priced pretty high. 

Could be.  They were firm on the price on the 2012 I bought back in 2014, but at the time it was priced competitively with the other ones I was looking at - I think one of them was your boat (maroon VTX?  If it is the one I am thinking of still one of the best looking colors)  There are so few boats for sale locally new or used that they may actually sell at whatever price they are asking. 

Edited by oldjeep

I was at my dealer today and they only had the 2 new '21's they just received in for inventory this week on their lot.  This was the emptiest I have seen their facility.

2 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Could be.  They were firm on the price on the 2012 I bought back in 2014, but at the time it was priced competitively with the other ones I was looking at - I think one of them was your boat (maroon VTX?  If it is the one I am thinking of still one of the best looking colors)  There are so few boats for sale locally new or used that they may actually sell at whatever price they are asking. 

Yeah, I think you did way better than most price-wise on your 2012.  My maroon VTX was priced higher as well.  It surprised me, I listed it before summer, and didn't sell it until August.  They will likely sell that VTX at that price, I have no doubt with the way inventory is so minimal locally.  

6 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Those are nicely equipped. Wonder how the upgraded engine in those works. 

That 450 should make that thing run like a scalded cat.

10 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

That 450 should make that thing run like a scalded cat.

Dunno. Think it's the same engine as the 409 with a different tune. The 409 in the TXi is underwhelming and prone to heat related performance issues. For what they want for those boats I'd get a 2020 with a DI engine. Aluminum block is lighter and by all accounts I've heard, the DI engines perform better. 

4 hours ago, Badger said:

Did this boat cost $35k when it was brand new back in 2008?  I think I paid $32k for my brand new 2006 iRide in 2007.  Great for them if they can get it.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/d/alto-2008-malibu-response-lx-open-bow/7142705445.html

Probably a bit over that but not by much. No wedge and that's not a Monsoon as the ad states. That's the LCR. 

9 hours ago, Badger said:

Did this boat cost $35k when it was brand new back in 2008?  I think I paid $32k for my brand new 2006 iRide in 2007.  Great for them if they can get it.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/d/alto-2008-malibu-response-lx-open-bow/7142705445.html

I have seen 07 LSV's going for 45k recently, they were maybe 60k in 07 right? (discounted, economy, etc)

16 hours ago, 95echelon said:

I have seen 07 LSV's going for 45k recently, they were maybe 60k in 07 right? (discounted, economy, etc)

I paid about 70k for my '11 23 LSV in 10/2010.  So, I would say they would have been closer to 50-55k in '07

On 7/2/2020 at 4:37 PM, UWSkier said:

Those are nicely equipped. Wonder how the upgraded engine in those works. 

That would be the Shawano ski team. I know they had the 409 earlier and hated it. Don't know if Dave is no here. He is on the Malibu FB page though.

On 7/8/2020 at 11:46 PM, UWSkier said:

If this boat isn't trashed it's the second best deal I've ever seen on a Malibu DD. Any of our Midwest guys wanting the best slalom boat Malibu ever made, here you go. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/245676212293914?view=permalink&id=1310572502470941

I remember that same boat, with the same pictures last year.