Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

3 hours ago, formulaben said:

Looks like a clean Tantrum for those looking for one.  I'll gladly go scope it for a forum member.

https://boise.craigslist.org/boa/d/meridian-1995-malibu-tantrum-diamond/7125290352.html

Ok, this, I gotta see to believe.  The rest of the boat looks really clean but it makes me question everything.

Can ski w/ 6 people in the boat, with skier view and safely in front of the pylon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, formulaben said:

Looks like a clean Tantrum for those looking for one.  I'll gladly go scope it for a forum member.

https://boise.craigslist.org/boa/d/meridian-1995-malibu-tantrum-diamond/7125290352.html

The most incredible thing about that boat is it had the diamond hull three years before it existed.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, BoatRookie said:

https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/boa/d/georgetown-1998-malibu-sunsetter-21/7115270216.html

Can someone shine some light on what the hell this engine might be?

Says right in the ad that it is a 300hp crate 350.  Question is, was it a marine motor.  Pretty odd to have a marine crate motor be orange.

3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Says right in the ad that it is a 300hp crate 350.  Question is, was it a marine motor.  Pretty odd to have a marine crate motor be orange.

Any tips for what I should ask the guy when I meet him?

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

It's got a bunch of donor parts from an indmar on it. The dipstick zip tied to the exhaust manifold is a lovely touch. 😂 

So it’s a no go?

I would definitely not buy that boat.  Look for an Echelon or Response a few years older, similar priced, and in far better condition.  Malibu basically went with zero wood in the boats after 1993.

On 5/18/2020 at 10:48 AM, Michigan boarder said:

I would definitely not buy that boat.  Look for an Echelon or Response a few years older, similar priced, and in far better condition.  Malibu basically went with zero wood in the boats after 1993.

There are a handful out there. There is even a nice Echelon LX out there too. Been searching for friend and always fun to find the good for sale boats out there.

3 minutes ago, footndale said:

The collapsible driver's seat is a must-have on any ski tug, very well designed.

Edit: It's also great that they specifically mention the tower is included, in case someone thought: "there's no way they are selling it for that crazy low price with a beautiful custom tower like that included...or is there?!?"

Edited by Michigan boarder
7 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

The collapsible driver's seat is a must-have on any ski tug, very well designed.

Edit: It's also great that they specifically mention the tower is included, in case someone thought: "there's no way they are selling it for that crazy low price with a beautiful custom tower like that included...or is there?!?"

That tower is only missing the swing seats.  :)  You know, like the ones found in a kid's playground?  Those hulls were made in Mexico and then shipped to  Houston for rigging by "Southern Fiberglass".  There is likely one on the Fiberglassics site (assuming that website is still around).

• Like 3

Definitely a softer market for old and new up here. Of course the USD/CAD at 1:40 is not helping new boat sales. Oh, and the 10% luxury tax.  On the used side there are some hurtin' cowboys.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:06 PM, dkscism said:

Maybe it’s already been discussed, but have you guys noticed any price drops on used boats amid the lockdown?

Not at all.  

12 minutes ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

Not at all.  

Haven't noticed big drops in prices, but inventory is super thin for this time of year too.  There's only one RLXi on Onlyinboards right now.  Usually this time of year there'd be 5 or 6.  Very few OG TXis on there too.  Two of them just came back to that site that were on there, then gone for a few weeks.

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

Not at all.  

With the recent dog piling on of the oil price skirmish between Putin and MBS adding to the Covid-19 thing, there are a lot of hurting cowboys up here in the oil patch.  Prices are dropping for sure.