Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

7 minutes ago, RyanB said:

No mention of interior condition, or photos of the interior.  I wonder if it even has one.....

Yeah doesn’t mention anything but looks like the observer compartment is flipped up so it at least has that.  Lol 

Edited by RedWakesetterVLX

Its almost certainly a salt water boat out there, at the tip of long island, but if you are good with engines, could be a steal. Given the amount of scum on the boat, i would say its likely got some needs beyond what is stated.

19 hours ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

Yeah doesn’t mention anything but looks like the observer compartment is flipped up so it at least has that.  Lol 

New photos added.  It isn't pretty, but could be worse.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:07 PM, UWSkier said:

Neat looking boat.  I wonder what this blower setup is all about.  Also, needs more hose clamps on the exhaust tubes.  :)

00B0B_fQtnvKC6H54_1200x900.jpg

Vapour lock cure.

16 minutes ago, RyanB said:

The rust/corrosion solidifies my thinking that it was a part-time submarine.  It needs a fair bit of work; maybe a new engine so 15K more?  Assuming you do a lot of work.

21 hours ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Malibu-21-VLX-for-sale-Southold-New-York-110167.aspx

I can’t figure this one out.  Appears to be a legit dealer selling but even if it needs new engine/wiring harness $15k seems like a steal.  Why wouldn’t the dealership flip it for hefty profit?  Especially since they already troubleshot some. Says clear title but I wonder if it was flooded or sank.  Somethings not adding up. 

Pretty sure it was not submerged, but left uncovered, and in a slip in salt water. It is a salt water series malibu, but the interior looks typical of the way too many people treat stuff in that area, everything disposable.  Wish i had time for another project, but i am too busy right now.

33 minutes ago, asnowman said:

Pretty sure it was not submerged, but left uncovered, and in a slip in salt water. It is a salt water series malibu, but the interior looks typical of the way too many people treat stuff in that area, everything disposable.  Wish i had time for another project, but i am too busy right now.

I was thinking the same thing. From the wording of the ad my imagination of what the back story is a Dad bought it for his spoiled son. Son told him the boat wasn't running and dad said take it to the shop. Shop calls dad to give him the quote and after dad hears the quote and sees the condition of the boat and how it has been neglected he tells the shop to just sell it. I don't care how much you get just sell it! :biggrin:

1 minute ago, tbullard said:

I was thinking the same thing. From the wording of the ad my imagination of what the back story is a Dad bought it for his spoiled son. Son told him the boat wasn't running and dad said take it to the shop. Shop calls dad to give him the quote and after dad hears the quote and sees the condition of the boat and how it has been neglected he tells the shop to just sell it. I don't care how much you get just sell it! :biggrin:

Yup. Thats is pretty close to what i would expect

10 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

This thing is C.L.E.A.N!!!!! Wow!  Bit high for a boat without speed control or a tower, but man... they didn't come from the factory that clean...

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/d/oswego-malibu-sunscape-ski-boat-with/7104060693.html

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am jealous... sorta... I paid much less but mine does not even resemble that boat.

17 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

This thing is C.L.E.A.N!!!!! Wow!  Bit high for a boat without speed control or a tower, but man... they didn't come from the factory that clean...

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/d/oswego-malibu-sunscape-ski-boat-with/7104060693.html

"Cash only"?? Like Dad used to say "Never buy a used televison from a breathless man on a street corner".

• Like 1
On 5/2/2020 at 7:32 PM, RyanB said:

Well looks like someone jumped on it because its gone!  Heck the tower, windshield and trailer are worth at least 10k.  Would love to follow along on that rehab.  

Edited by RedWakesetterVLX