Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

I've seen this boat in person, and it's very clean for it's age. Echelon LX (open bow)

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/shingle-springs-malibu-echelon-lx-open/7105676964.html

I've noticed that craigslist is timing out ads much faster now, I thought posts were good for 10-14 days in the past, but they're gone in 7 days now. Anyway, if you're looking for it: Sacramento craigslist, search for "Malibu Echelon", it's located in Cameron Park. I scrolled through the most recent page of posts and didn't see it, my apologies if it's a double-post.
I already purchased the pylon mounted barefoot boom that was in it, I'm going to figure out a way to make it work on my LSV so the kids can ski & surf without the deep water start. Once they're hooked then I'll have them learn the difficult way to get up.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/bod/d/culver-2005-malibu-boats-llc/7099727470.html

Looks like this was a trade in and is much higher than I would pay, but see the TMC sticker!  

I'd sell my '06 in a minute if I could get that for it.!!  He's about $7500 higher than he should be. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gregtay said:

Neat looking boat.  I wonder what this blower setup is all about.  Also, needs more hose clamps on the exhaust tubes.  :)

00B0B_fQtnvKC6H54_1200x900.jpg

Edited by UWSkier
1 hour ago, KDCr7 said:

Thats exactly how the blower was set up on my old Euro. 

strange.  Most blowers will pull from low, where fuel vapors tend to settle as they're heavier than air.  That almost looks like a shadetree fix for vapor lock.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Also, needs more hose clamps on the exhaust tubes. 

Definitely not the set up on the old Euro! :lol:

Edit: Ha. Actually may have had the hose clamps according to some old pics. 

Edited by KDCr7

I saw the same BS listing two years ago when we were looking for a boat on Louisville Craigslist.  I never took it serious.   Odd though because typically I notice the scams have the registration numbers covered up but this one doesn’t.  But I guess on legit listings some people may cover them up also.  Who knows...

I was looking through Boattrader this morning and saw multiple assumed scams.  Sweet 2015 Axis T23 for something like $25k.  But at least it was local to me in Detroit so I wouldn't have to go far to get scammed.

It seems the scams have increased a ton this year.  I always flag them while browsing but it gets old quick. I’ve seen them to steadily increase on onlyinboards too. 

Edited by RedWakesetterVLX

I'm on the lookout for a Sunsetter LXI, RLXI or a dirt cheap TXI within a decent drive of Detroit.  If anyone sees anything and isn't buying it themselves, please let me know.  I've been using SearchTempest, Boattrader, Onlyinboards and Ski-it-Again on a daily basis but there is not a lot of inventory out there right now.  

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I'm on the lookout for a Sunsetter LXI, RLXI or a dirt cheap TXI within a decent drive of Detroit.  If anyone sees anything and isn't buying it themselves, please let me know.  I've been using SearchTempest, Boattrader, Onlyinboards and Ski-it-Again on a daily basis but there is not a lot of inventory out there right now.  

facebook marketplace's search interface is terrible, but I feel like they are definitely cannibalizing the for sale ad space from craigslist, at least on the private party side.  It's worth taking a look there too.

2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

facebook marketplace's search interface is terrible, but I feel like they are definitely cannibalizing the for sale ad space from craigslist, at least on the private party side.  It's worth taking a look there too.

But then I’d have to get Facebook. No thanks!  I’ve never had it but would like to view market place some way.

6 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

I've bought and sold a couple of fishing boats off Marketplace.  It definitely reaches a different market.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Malibu-21-VLX-for-sale-Southold-New-York-110167.aspx

I can’t figure this one out.  Appears to be a legit dealer selling but even if it needs new engine/wiring harness $15k seems like a steal.  Why wouldn’t the dealership flip it for hefty profit?  Especially since they already troubleshot some. Says clear title but I wonder if it was flooded or sank.  Somethings not adding up. 

1 hour ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Malibu-21-VLX-for-sale-Southold-New-York-110167.aspx

I can’t figure this one out.  Appears to be a legit dealer selling but even if it needs new engine/wiring harness $15k seems like a steal.  Why wouldn’t the dealership flip it for hefty profit?  Especially since they already troubleshot some. Says clear title but I wonder if it was flooded or sank.  Somethings not adding up. 

No mention of interior condition, or photos of the interior.  I wonder if it even has one.....