Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

Same hull and engine on both but I like having a trunk personally and am partial to the 2001+ dash. 

For about half the price as a seconf/third boat the 98 would  be hard to beat.

20 hours ago, braindamage said:

If you can get the brainerd boat for close to $15k then I’d say thats a deal

14 hours ago, Chaabo said:

I too would go with the 2002 Response CB!

If Nothing is wrong with it, and you can negotiate the price down a bit, it’s a great deal.

Gives you a more modern boat on the SV Diamond hull and a trunk for ski storage!

Looks very well taken care of.

8 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Same hull and engine on both but I like having a trunk personally and am partial to the 2001+ dash. 

Plus .. 4! Lol. Polish that red up and it’s an amazing looking boat. Depends on your budget though as mentioned it’s the same hull and engine as the 98 so skiing is going to be practically the same. Rear trunk would be hard to loose after having it in your RLXi imo. 

16 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Plus .. 4! Lol. Polish that red up and it’s an amazing looking boat. Depends on your budget though as mentioned it’s the same hull and engine as the 98 so skiing is going to be practically the same. Rear trunk would be hard to loose after having it in your RLXi imo. 

You know. Its funny. We only keep our son's slalom ski in the locker. With a couple spare buoys.... 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brad B said:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/d/flower-mound-chris-craft-continental-21/6971560949.html

Fully restored and good running condition with high and low elevation props.
The 1960 21' Continental was a "one-year-only model" from Chris-Craft that captures the excitement of jet-age styling. Only 96 were built, only less than a dozen known to exist in the world today making this one a true collectors item.
This one has the extremely rare options like the original Lincoln-based Chris-Craft 430 ci 275 hp V-8, the Original optional Fiberglass Hardtop with aluminum flying buttress supports, Nice interior completely re-done with original materials and the famous original big FINS!

Beautiful! 

Of course one had to follow up on the ad. Not much substantial information about the boat. Where was it used, what’s the engine hours, does it have PP, no picture of engine, underwater gear, ..., ...

But it sure looks clean for an almost 20 year old boat.

Edited by Chaabo
15 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Beached boats always worry me.  And Melbourne?  Likely salt or brackish water use.  But at the right price...

Doesn't look like it has a reserve.... the cfo wants a closed bow ski tug.... how bad could it be? 

...Closed bow. New interior, 310 hp vortex 350 inboard. New Kenwood marine stereo with Bluetooth and Kicker speakers. New battery, new starter. The boat has been wet sanded and buffed to a mirror finish. 2000 Boatmate trailer with new good year tires. Boat runs strong. Great for barefootin and slalom skiing. I now longer have a place to store it so I must sell. I have title in hand $13,500 or reasonable offer...

Exact same pictures 

15 hours ago, Chaabo said:

...Closed bow. New interior, 310 hp vortex 350 inboard. New Kenwood marine stereo with Bluetooth and Kicker speakers. New battery, new starter. The boat has been wet sanded and buffed to a mirror finish. 2000 Boatmate trailer with new good year tires. Boat runs strong. Great for barefootin and slalom skiing. I now longer have a place to store it so I must sell. I have title in hand $13,500 or reasonable offer...

Exact same pictures 

@Chaabo thanks for checking. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not a boat, but easily the weirdest thing I've seen on cl

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/zip/d/minneapolis-free-puzzle/7015748133.html

Free puzzle if my grandma that passed away. Missing a piece! No returns! Text or call with any questions

00L0L_lreOBO62Vww_600x450.jpg

Edited by oldjeep
28 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Not a boat, but easily the weirdest thing I've seen on cl

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/zip/d/minneapolis-free-puzzle/7015748133.html

Free puzzle if my grandma that passed away. Missing a piece! No returns! Text or call with any questions

00L0L_lreOBO62Vww_600x450.jpg

I would love to own this puzzle!!!

On 11/4/2019 at 6:14 PM, Fffrank said:

Fake and some old pictures at that.  Same boat, nearly same description back in the spring of 2011.  I was emailing (the real) seller, though there were more pics.  I could tell the seller was a backyard business flipping the boat - wanted around 25k at the time.  I despised the interior colors and the guy wouldn't meet me at a bank (probably trying to hide the sale due to tax purposes), so I told him to pound sand.  Got a better deal on our boat anyway.  Seller was in Tennessee.