Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Mirror......

Sinkey

So buy them both & return the one you don't want.

What you and I talked about a while back! I'm thinking now, I'm just going to go with the PTM. Still waiting for my XTP so I can

confirm the OD b4 I order.

What you and I talked about a while back! I'm thinking now, I'm just going to go with the PTM. Still waiting for my XTP so I can

confirm the OD b4 I order.

If the Cipa had been out when I bought the PTM, I probably would have checked it out. But I certainly don't regret buying the PTM. I've been thru several mirrors to find the best view & this one is nice.

• Like 1

Mirror showed up today. While I don't have them side by side, I can already tell that this is a HUGE upgrade! I will be going to install it this weekend, and I will take some pics.

• Like 1

I like my PTM...I'm used to just the stock Malibu mirror that I had on my 2007 Malibu. So it's a big difference. But what I don't like is how much it wiggles, vibrates and moves on the tower mount.

I like my PTM...I'm used to just the stock Malibu mirror that I had on my 2007 Malibu. So it's a big difference. But what I don't like is how much it wiggles, vibrates and moves on the tower mount.

What tower mount are you using? My Titan is really stable.

My photobucket account is being temperamental this evening. I will try again tomorrow. I will be installing it on Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing it mounted!

I just got a cipa 2310 mirror bracket (windshield clamp). Very robust.

Shawn, is that the only bracket that fits with the Cipa Vision? Looking online they have a few brackets, but they don't really specify which one goes with the Vision mirror.

I used to have this setup. Now I run one, the PTM is that nice.

20130217_104929_zpsbd0c2bfb.jpg

Hey Bill,

Which mirror bracket is that you have for you're PTM?

I'm looking at the Samson Tube Twr Bracket, with the PTM VR 140 Mirror Head ! Anyone else have this set up? Good, Bad or in different?

My Twr is here and once mounted, I'm pull the pin for some of my accessories!

Hey Bill,

Which mirror bracket is that you have for you're PTM?

I'm looking at the Samson Tube Twr Bracket, with the PTM VR 140 Mirror Head ! Anyone else have this set up? Good, Bad or in different?

My Twr is here and once mounted, I'm pull the pin for some of my accessories!

I use the Titan mirror bracket...... now known as the Star One mirror bracket sold here: http://www.staronewake.com/mirrors.html

It has no joints in it at all & uses a plastic sleeve between the bracket & the tower to adjust for size, protect the powder coat & provide some adjust-ability. Rock solid & durable.

I needed the PTM ball mount adapter, which is also made/sold by Monster Tower too.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 1

20150207_154301_zpszto3mhzo.jpg

20150207_154319_zpskvvijmkm.jpg

So, I went to the boat(45 minutes away) to finish the install on my new amp for my tower speakers, and install the new mirror. Long story short, I failed to bring my socket set. Since the nut on the tower arm for the mirror is recessed, it is only accessible with a socket. So here is the couple of pics I snapped while I was there.

• Like 2

Wow,.,,,what a difference in field of view! Nice!

Bummer about your socket! Never fails. .....

Edited by Dare2goBare