Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Truck: Want Extras: Spend My $

WakingMeHappy

I've enjoyed my bakflip a lot, more than I thought I would. Certainly way better than a tonneau cover.

btw, if anyone wants a bakflip (I think its a 2? but I'll check) for a 09 and newer dodge with the 5'7" PM me. I'm putting a topper on for more storage volume. Say, $250?

Not really set up to be competitive on out of state sales. But I really, really appreciate the thought. Believe me.

Not a bad idea to find a local dealer if you have one so you have somewhere to walk in face to face. pm incoming on pricing.

I don't come here to sell you guys anything. Just hang out, spend peoples' money, throw the occasional jab, and give experience when it falls in my wheelhouse.

There are a few local distributors in the Memphis area. They all charge close to or over 1k. I will do the install myself though.

I've enjoyed my bakflip a lot, more than I thought I would. Certainly way better than a tonneau cover.

btw, if anyone wants a bakflip (I think its a 2? but I'll check) for a 09 and newer dodge with the 5'7" PM me. I'm putting a topper on for more storage volume. Say, $250?

Curious - have you had it since your truck was pretty new? I've got an 09 with the 5'7" bed and 2 of the panels have delaminated and are causing leaking. Current cover has been on there since March of 2010.

There are a few local distributors in the Memphis area. They all charge close to or over 1k. I will do the install myself though.

Try JC Whitney, you can usually do pretty good on price there even with shipping. Looks like $899 with free shipping at the moment

Edited by oldjeep

Curious - have you had it since your truck was pretty new? I've got an 09 with the 5'7" bed and 2 of the panels have delaminated and are causing leaking. Current cover has been on there since March of 2010.

I've had it installed for 4 years. How have the panels delaminated? Mine are painted aluminum?

I've had it installed for 4 years. How have the panels delaminated? Mine are painted aluminum?

Mine is an F1 so the panels are some sort of plastic. The plastic and whatever they are glued to came apart. If I remove the backflip and lay it against the wall I get about 1/2 gallon of water on the floor ;) The aluminum one I had only lasted a couple months, but that was due to tiny hail that wasn't even enough to dent the aluminum hood on my truck.

Edited by oldjeep

I put the deflector on our SUV. The outer tips would touch at speed due to limited support. I added some 3M clear bra under the touching areas. But I would recommend a 3M clear bra on the front of your truck. They make a big difference. But you only get about 5 years before they look ratty. It is also nice to have on the lower sections of the truck behind the tires for chips.

I'd say go old school with the truck, roll bar and Hella lights.

Have you ordered the Weathertech mats yet?

I had similar mats in my Suburban that I did not like. They were bulky and curled along the edges. The WeatherTech looks like a much cleaner design from what I had.

My son and I went hunting yesterday and it was so muddy I laid towels down over every inch of carpet so these mats are definitely on the list.

ahopkins22LSV
The ones I had previously weren't WeatherTech. But your Amazon link is twice the cost of getting them directly from WeatherTech.

The ones I had previously weren't WeatherTech. But your Amazon link is twice the cost of getting them directly from WeatherTech.

You must only be looking at front mats at weathertechs site. Front rear set should be around $200

Ah - unless you are not looking at the digital-fit on weathertech site. the "All weather" are the same sort of thick junk that everyone else sells - those are cheap.

You want these ones:

http://www.weathertech.com/floorliner-digitalfit/

Edited by oldjeep

You must only be looking at front mats at weathertechs site. Front rear set should be around $200

Ah - unless you are not looking at the digital-fit on weathertech site. the "All weather" are the same sort of thick junk that everyone else sells - those are cheap.

You want these ones:

http://www.weathertech.com/floorliner-digitalfit/

I see what it was. I was looking at the mats, not the liners.

http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2013/f-150/floor-mats-all-weather/bodystyle/supercrew-crew-cab/floor-retention-device-type/dual-floor-posts/subwoofer/yes/

I had similar mats in my Suburban that I did not like. They were bulky and curled along the edges. The WeatherTech looks like a much cleaner design from what I had.

My son and I went hunting yesterday and it was so muddy I laid towels down over every inch of carpet so these mats are definitely on the list.

You probably had the Husky Liners. Both serve a purpose, and either of the two is better than nothing at all. I like how the Weather Tech's fit, but I also like the Husky Liners ability to hold spilled drinks and water from loading the boat that gets in my crocs while wenching it on the trailer since they have the lip.

• Like 1

You probably had the Husky Liners. Both serve a purpose, and either of the two is better than nothing at all. I like how the Weather Tech's fit, but I also like the Husky Liners ability to hold spilled drinks and water from loading the boat that gets in my crocs while wenching it on the trailer since they have the lip.

Totally agree. I've had both. I prefer the huskies for sure. In fact, I think weathertechs stink but I was staying quiet. After a few years they no longer conform well, don't "hold" much", bend easier, curl, etc.

Totally agree. I've had both. I prefer the huskies for sure. In fact, I think weathertechs stink but I was staying quiet. After a few years they no longer conform well, don't "hold" much", bend easier, curl, etc.

I haven't seen that with mine, they are 5 years old. I'm confused by the don't hold much comment - the weathertechs are built like a bucket

For regular snow I don't get the appeal of rubber floormats. I have the carpeted mats in my Titan and I steam vac them once a year and they look fine after 8 years with the only bad spot being where my right heel rests. If you're in and out of muddy job sites all the time, that's a different story.

For regular snow I don't get the appeal of rubber floormats. I have the carpeted mats in my Titan and I steam vac them once a year and they look fine after 8 years with the only bad spot being where my right heel rests. If you're in and out of muddy job sites all the time, that's a different story.

The salt and road crud really seems to eat the carpet and carpeted mats around here. The factory mats never cover enough of the carpet for my liking. Also I suppose it depends where you use the truck, mine sits outside and I don't park in a ramp so you are always walking crud into the vehicle. Ski areas all have gravel lots so you get a lot of stuff from that too. When the kids were younger and in soccer, that is a whole other level of muck that gets tracked in.

Edited by oldjeep