Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Truck: Want Extras: Spend My $

WakingMeHappy

^^ No constant power at the 7 way on a Ford. It's ignition switched unlike your GM. Nice project though!

When we do dome lights in Ford beds we run right to the battery with a waterproof fuse holder. Wire exits bed behind the driver side tail lamp.

Thanks.

Sure is a nice addition when you get to the lake late and it is dark out. With the extra light you can see everything you forgot to grab the first couple of trips.

Thanks.

Sure is a nice addition when you get to the lake late and it is dark out. With the extra light you can see everything you forgot to grab the first couple of trips.

Doesn't a Ford come with a light that shines down into the bed? On my Ram it is part of the 3rd brake light.

Edited by oldjeep

I know Avalanche not a beloved Ram or Ford, Tonneau cover is almost always on or at least a couple of sections are in place.

Remember the OP wanted a bed cover and I assume if he uses a cover the "upper" bed light might not work all the time. He also stated in the original post that he was looking for bed lighting.

I know Avalanche not a beloved Ram or Ford, Tonneau cover is almost always on or at least a couple of sections are in place.

Remember the OP wanted a bed cover and I assume if he uses a cover the "upper" bed light might not work all the time. He also stated in the original post that he was looking for bed lighting.

Just figured since he bought a rollup that the cover blocking the light wouldn't be an issue. Mounting stuff like that inside the bed of my truck would never survive Carry on ;)

Just figured since he bought a rollup that the cover blocking the light wouldn't be an issue. Mounting stuff like that inside the bed of my truck would never survive Carry on ;)

Side note.. why aren't we all over on jeep forum?

I hate to always be "that guy" who goes counter to forum consensus, but here I go again...

I really dislike Weathertech. And not just the product, the company and the business model too (who do you think is paying for all those 4 page ads in every car magazine... YOU ARE!!). I just don't think those light, cheap, thin, hard, plastic liners are worth what they charge. And yes, I've owned a set and was very disappointed in the feel (hard & cheap) the fit (they move around due to light weight and slick backing), and how poorly they held up (looked like crap after only a year). Even more disappointing were my interactions with the company, their warranty, etc. (I ordered factory direct). I'll leave it at that. The details would bore you. Suffice to say, they will never get another dime from me.

On my F-150 I got the OEM all-weather mats. I paid $75 brand new and shipped to my door by a vendor on Ebay. They are heavy, never move, and feel great under my feet. The only complaint anybody could possible have is the coverage doesnt' go all the way to the door sills, but who really cares? I mean, how messy are you guys? It's not very often I dump an entire Big Gulp soda directly on the floor of my truck. However, I'm always getting in an out with wet and sometimes muddy shoes (look where I live), and these mats are GREAT! I much prefer the subtle OEM look too.

20131007_210129_zps73ef378a.jpg

20131007_205945_zpsf9a0d05d.jpg

20131007_205931_zps22c398c8.jpg

20131007_205740_zpse0ffb8ef.jpg

Very similar to the husky liners I have. And I see something on the edge of the last pic.....what is that popcorn?

The rear factory mat that IXFE showed looks nice with how it covers all the way under the seat and around the subwoofer.

I have the Husky X-Act Contour Liners both front and rear. The quality is great! Heavy, have nibs on the back so they don't slide, laser fitted, etc. I love the fronts, but the rear mat doesn't cover all the way under the seat.

Check out the DeeZee Tailgate assist also, for $25-30, it works great to pull the tailgate handle and let go while it lowers the tailgate slowly.

Edited by WhoaNellie

I know this is late but it might help others who are looking for a bed cover and are not near WI to help out a crew member. I bought my roll-x on truckchamp.com. I got hit with sales tax because I was in the same state but free shipping and no sales tax for those that are not in Indiana. Bought the roll-x and bak-box for around $1,000 I will say, call for pricing, it was a lot better than I was finding online at the time.

The rear factory mat that LBJ showed looks nice with how it covers all the way under the seat and around the subwoofer.

I have the Husky X-Act Contour Liners both front and rear. The quality is great! Heavy, have nibs on the back so they don't slide, laser fitted, etc. I love the fronts, but the rear mat doesn't cover all the way under the seat.

Check out the DeeZee Tailgate assist also, for $25-30, it works great to pull the tailgate handle and let go while it lowers the tailgate slowly.

Funny mine cover most of the area under the rear seats.

Does that involve any drilling or tapping to mount? One of the many innovative features from the Titan box I really love is the strut-assisted tailgate. My bro would love this for his F150.

Does that involve any drilling or tapping to mount? One of the many innovative features from the Titan box I really love is the strut-assisted tailgate. My bro would love this for his F150.

And how hard is it to remove when you need to remove the tailgate. Would be nice to be able to drop the tailgate, but only if I can continue to remove the tailgate with no tools.

And how hard is it to remove when you need to remove the tailgate. Would be nice to be able to drop the tailgate, but only if I can continue to remove the tailgate with no tools.

In all my years of owning trucks I have never removed to tailgate and can't think of why I would.

It installs very easily. No drilling or tapping, but you do install basically a rivnut with a ball on it for the strut on the tailgate in one of the existing holes. To remove the tailgate, you would just need to pop the strut off of the ball with a flathead screwdriver.

In all my years of owning trucks I have never removed to tailgate and can't think of why I would.

I remove mine frequently. Local lumberyard only has short fork forklifts, cant load a pallet into the truck far enough without taking off the tailgate. Some folks use them as trucks and some people install carpet in the bed ;)

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 2

I remove mine frequently. Local lumberyard only has short fork forklifts, cant load a pallet into the truck far enough without taking off the tailgate. Some folks use them as trucks and some people install carpet in the bed ;)

That's why I'm keeping my Dodge Dakota. :)
martinarcher

I hate to always be "that guy" who goes counter to forum consensus, but here I go again...

I really dislike Weathertech. And not just the product, the company and the business model too (who do you think is paying for all those 4 page ads in every car magazine... YOU ARE!!). I just don't think those light, cheap, thin, hard, plastic liners are worth what they charge. And yes, I've owned a set and was very disappointed in the feel (hard & cheap) the fit (they move around due to light weight and slick backing), and how poorly they held up (looked like crap after only a year). Even more disappointing were my interactions with the company, their warranty, etc. (I ordered factory direct). I'll leave it at that. The details would bore you. Suffice to say, they will never get another dime from me.

On my F-150 I got the OEM all-weather mats. I paid $75 brand new and shipped to my door by a vendor on Ebay. They are heavy, never move, and feel great under my feet. The only complaint anybody could possible have is the coverage doesnt' go all the way to the door sills, but who really cares? I mean, how messy are you guys? It's not very often I dump an entire Big Gulp soda directly on the floor of my truck. However, I'm always getting in an out with wet and sometimes muddy shoes (look where I live), and these mats are GREAT! I much prefer the subtle OEM look too.

20131007_210129_zps73ef378a.jpg

You're missing a pedal in your truck!! :whistle:

I dig those mats, just wish they went to the side of the door so water would drain out after launching the boat. I'm running Husky's and they are the same hard plastic like the Weathertechs for the front two mats and the second and third row. The nice thing is the "gutter" that holds the water that drips off your legs and keep the carpet and floor dry. Wet carpet=rusty floors in the long run. The rear cargo area is a nice soft rubber Weathertech that I swear would hold 10 gallons of liquid. I love it.

The rear factory mat that IXFE showed looks nice with how it covers all the way under the seat and around the subwoofer.

I have the tail gate hydrolic assist; it's legit.

I agree... Love how the OEM rear mat is cut to accommodate the sub. The weather tech folks expect you to cut it out yourself. Nice, huh?

Is the tailgate strut charged in a particular direction like the struts on our engine covers, or is it just resistance? Does it make it lighter to close as well?

Nope, just softer when opening. There is another product out there that does assist lifting, but not sure what it is.