Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Truck: Want Extras: Spend My $

WakingMeHappy

What does your 09 Dodge have to do with putting one on a Ford? Totally different aerodynamics and fitments. Issues I listed were F150 specific because that's what we're talking about here.

99-06 Chevys used to flap the top windshield rubber gasket when you installed a bug shield, but that also has nothing to do with this thread.

Edited by jk13

Had one on a 2002 ford f150 if that makes it better;)

No need to make it better, it's not on my truck. :biggrin:

Anyway recommendations above still stand, take them or leave them. And congrats on the new truck WMH!

I really don't like accessories. Leave it like it is.

Wait, there is one. You need to tow your boat don't you........ :)

Edited by Lance B. Johnson
  • Like 2

I've had several bed covers and personally really liked the Pace Edwards BedLocker Electric. But put the Access Limited Edition rollup on my current truck as the Bedlocker takes up quite a bit of space in front of bed for the hard cover to rollup into the box. I'd imagine all hard rollups do? Really happy with the Access as I have it down all winter and up most of the summer pulling the 5'er.

Another vote for bug deflector and window visors. Mine don't rub paint and have them painted colormatch to my rig.

Must tint front windows to match.

Pop&Lock rear tailgate lock, Rear Air bags, AMP Research Powersteps and Anderson Rapid Hitch all come to mind. Also you can buy a tuner. Not very familiar with the fords and gassers but I wouldn't go without my "on the fly" tuning capability of the diesel.

It's fun spending other peoples money...........Let me know if you need any more ideas!!

I want the secure/waterproof bed cover for when we take family trips and general security around town. But then it has to roll or fold so I can put the ATV in the bed for deer hunting.

The window visor are so I can leave window down a crack and not worry about rain coming in.

I've got a 2014 Platinum and love it. Congratulations.

I added the Pop&Lock tailgate lock and will never have a truck without auto tailgate lock again!

I have had a BedRug for the past 4 years and really like it. Like jk13, I don't use my truck to haul things that would damage it, and it is really nice for "everyday' use.

I have had a Access roll-up cover, and though I like it, I would rather have a BAK Roll-X for its durability and security.

Have fun accessorizing!

• Like 1

I added the Pop&Lock tailgate lock and will never have a truck without auto tailgate lock again!

I'm a little surprised that power tailgate locks are not coming standard, or even as an option on some brands. Definitely one of the more useful features available.

I'm a little surprised that power tailgate locks are not coming standard, or even as an option on some brands. Definitely one of the more useful features available.

The 2015 F-150 has this now along with the "Tailgate Release".

I was also surprised that this was not standard earlier on the Fords. I think other trucks have had auto tailgate lock for awhile now.

I have had a BedRug for the past 4 years and really like it. Like jk13, I don't use my truck to haul things that would damage it, and it is really nice for "everyday' use.

I have had a Access roll-up cover, and though I like it, I would rather have a BAK Roll-X for its durability and security.

Have fun accessorizing!

I agree on the locking tailgate for sure.

It already has a factory bed liner so I'll leave it in, although the bed rug is really nice.

I've settled on the BAK Roll-X cover. I'm just waiting for them to open and I'm going to call and place an order.

Good luck as in you like this cover or don't like it?

No particular opinion on the cover, just that dealing with Bak and their products can range from simple to a huge pain in the rear. My current Bak cover (Bakflip F1) has been pretty good but is about wore out already, getting the 1st one (BakFlip HD) replaced was an experience.

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 1

Re: Bak, I agree in the fact that I won't sell the rest of their product line. I carry the Roll-X only. Bozboat got two of the very first ones off the line and indeed had some issues with them. You can pm him directly and ask, but from what I remember of his post and seeing the current product, all of the problems have been addressed on the new production covers. He was very happy with how they resolved the situation in his case.

But we have seen problems with the rest of the line, and have heard of issues dealing with them in the past. I go through distributors rather than direct so I haven't had that issue. Boz got his dealt with direct with them.

Edit: someone else on here mentioned Paragon covers. Might be worth a look but I have not been able to get my hands on one to check it out.

Edited by jk13

Re: Bak, I agree in the fact that I won't sell the rest of their product line. I carry the Roll-X only. Bozboat got two of the very first ones off the line and indeed had some issues with them. You can pm him directly and ask, but from what I remember of his post and seeing the current product, all of the problems have been addressed on the new production covers. He was very happy with how they resolved the situation in his case.

But we have seen problems with the rest of the line, and have heard of issues dealing with them in the past. I go through distributors rather than direct so I haven't had that issue. Boz got his dealt with direct with them.

Edit: someone else on here mentioned Paragon covers. Might be worth a look but I have not been able to get my hands on one to check it out.

You sell the BAK Roll-X cover? If the price is right I'll just order from you.

Not really set up to be competitive on out of state sales. But I really, really appreciate the thought. Believe me.

Not a bad idea to find a local dealer if you have one so you have somewhere to walk in face to face. pm incoming on pricing.

I don't come here to sell you guys anything. Just hang out, spend peoples' money, throw the occasional jab, and give experience when it falls in my wheelhouse.