Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is it about axis?

kwebster1

The safety guy in me wants to tell her to wear a life jacket, although I am sure she looks better without. People die jumping off cliffs every year. They usually don't die on impact, but a couple hours on the bottom of the lake does the job. With life jackets, almost all of them would live.

Policing the world mode turned off now, thank you for listening.

Depending on the height of the jump, wearing a life jacket can inflict more injuries than not wearing one.

Indeed, you might get some scuffs in your armpits. If you dislocate your shoulder or hurt your neck, I'm pretty sure you were at the point where your risk was extreme.

There is an injury worse than death? :Tease3:

the t22 I rode behind was in freshwater. Looked Identical.

I'm not saying it didn't. I'm saying the picture of the T23 wake which you called flat, which was the dealer meeting demo boat, was in saltwater. That's it.

the t22 I rode behind was in freshwater. Looked Identical.

same story with my LSV. Flat.

2015 PW 2 LSV wave "looked" better at the polar bear but felt the same. Granted it was 38 degrees water temp so I didn't analyze it too closely.

Edited by DocPhil
  • Like 2

Several reasons that wouldn't work, for one, branding of Axis allows Malibu to move "upmarket". Secondly, three piece designs are going away. In fact, all new models are two piece which started with axis. They're not going to continue to make a more expensive labor intensive 3 piece design for of all things, the cheapest boat they make.

You do realize that the new LSV and VLX are both 3-piece designs, right?

Just checking... :whistle:

Just my thought, any of these boats will give you a great day on the water with your family and friends. Pick which one fits your needs and budget... Some people buy a Toyota, others want a Lexus. At the end of the day isn't that what it's all about? a boat you enjoy that you can spend time with your friends and family.

These Axis vs. Malibu threads never seem to end up on a positive note.

Just my thought, any of these boats will give you a great day on the water with your family and friends. Pick which one fits your needs and budget... Some people buy a Toyota, others want a Lexus. At the end of the day isn't that what it's all about? a boat you enjoy that you can spend time with your friends and family.

These Axis vs. Malibu threads never seem to end up on a positive note.

I agree with this except buy American.

We strongly considered a '15 t23 vs a '14 LSV closeout. Wife doesn't like pickle fork so the A series was not considered.

For me, I don't really care if the dash is analog or digital, or what the steering wheel looks like, or the tower. I like the outside styling of both the axis and malibu. I am confident the wake and wave of both is phenomenal. What I don't like about the axis is the floating wedge, nontransferable warranty, open/vented sides to the storage under seats. My wife positively did not like the fit and finish of the axis. The price diff in our decision was around 10k, we went LSV, but the timing of our purchase came in to play. We were getting priced the t23 before the official announcement, so it was not heavily reduced, maybe 5% and the lsv was marked way down. if I was buying in a year from now, comparing a t23 and a lsv close out and the diff was closer to 20k, I would probably go t23. Not sure that is a realistic number, but 20k diff is what it would take for me to switch and since malibu's have larger margins, not sure that diff would ever happen

I got a price on a 15 LSV and a 15 T23, both with 350's, and it was around $18k. The T23 was priced with sound pack 3 so if I would drop down to the sound pack 1 or 2, it definitely would be a $20k spread.

The only thing that has kept me from ordering one is i do not know the garage height with the tower folded down since it is not listed yet. The A22 is 7'-1" and the T22 is 6'-9" per the Axis site, so I am wondering which it is going to be more like or if it is even taller.

Another reason that I haven't pulled the trigger yet is just due to the price of these, I can wait until someone sales a 15 VLX/LSV/SC400 at the end of next season and get it for not much more than the Axis loaded out. I am just having a hard time telling myself to wait until then :dontknow:

So for those who have had both a 'Bu and Axis in mind, what was the overall deciding factor?

Performance. I wasn't happy with the surf wave of the T22. I had a specific price range that would have allowed me to get a new T22 or T23 or a used 23LSV. I ended up with a virtually new 23 LSV because I knew the surf wave was going to be that much better. Surf systems didn't matter to me, just performance.

In the end I had a better performing boat, nicer all around, in new condition.

I actually like the T22 a lot. Solid boat. But put it up against a slightly used LSV and it didn't make sense for me. Especially when it comes to surfing.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

I'm not saying it didn't. I'm saying the picture of the T23 wake which you called flat, which was the dealer meeting demo boat, was in saltwater. That's it.

I already know freshwater, saltwater whatever.... Myself AND the guys I ride with wouldn't be happy with that flat wave. Putting that boat in freshwater will still result in the same flat wave. I already know that.

Assuming a 2014 23 lsv w 350 monsoon leftover can be had for low-mid $80's - how much would you save ordering a 2015 axis T23?

All the plastic side panels on an axis are always loose for some reason. Why is that? The handles in the cup holder area, the big panel right of the driver seat... It's weird. It doesn't give it a solid feel. The vinyl has come up to par. Now the panelling and dash need to become more robust. There are other things that would drive me away too.

I know, your axis is solid as a rock..... Well, I've been in a handful of varying years and they were all the same

I already know freshwater, saltwater whatever.... Myself AND the guys I ride with wouldn't be happy with that flat wave. Putting that boat in freshwater will still result in the same flat wave. I already know that.

you mean the guys you ride with like a nice "lip" and "curl"? :whistle:

• Like 3

Yikes I never realized the tower looked so bad. Would it really cost that much to radius the top 90s. Throw that same tower on a Response and we'd all be putting it up for the ugliest tower award. What a let down.

From a dash perspective I think a lot of it depends on how you feel about dash automation. Like big touch screens..... This certainly is not the dash for you. Have a problem with toggle switches versus rockers..... Again not for you. I have not actually been in an Axis so I can't comment on the quality of the plastic but from a pure functional perspective the layout looks very functional and straight forward to use which to me is kind of refreshing. Although I don't seen the need for two heater vents in the dash and would rather see a full complement of readable individual gauges.

As a side bar I know MasterCraft started offering customers a choice of dashes. Don't like big touch screens...... They offer a full function gauge based package. Like full automation and touch screens..... They offer the bling package dash. I heard the split on which customers are ordering is nearly even. I personally am not a fan of full automation and personally would probably go the gauge package direction. But that's me.

Edited by Bturner

I thought the 2015 LSV surf wave was very flat. But all surfgate waves are flatter than listed waves, and that is going to be true of Axis as well. It does seem that if you list it a few degrees, you can get it more steep. Although I think wave transfers sound really cool, I don't see that being something that I am going to be doing every time I ride, so listing a little is OK. It would not surprise me if many riders feel like I do, a wave transfer is a nice gimmick, but it isn't going to give me lasting satisfaction.

• Like 1