Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is it about axis?

kwebster1

Thanks Shawn. Will likely order that guy up.

I, going to make sure BS realizes he made a mistake by telling me he's got the next week off!

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

I got 17-18% off MSRP. No way anyone is getting a T23 with 450 or even 409 for 68k OTD unless that's the only option on the boat. I think 15-20% off an Axis is a good deal. I was talking to two dealers here in Nor Cal as I am in the middle of both. Both dealers were nice and I would have been happy to buy from either. I spoke to Daniel at Boat Country first so he got the nod. However, that was after I checked his best price after negotiating with Cal Marine and they could not cut the price enough to jump ship. Again I liked both dealers equally as they are both good guys. I did get heater all light options 2 sets of cleats PNP plus bags included tower mirror sp1 surfgate power wedge blue flake 2 fixed racks 2 batts All I got off the top of my head. MSRP was like $75k. I did not upgrade trailer or wheels and did not get the swivels. I was not going over $68k. If I sell my Harley (may have to since I want to put down at least 20k) and it sells for 14-15k I may consider the larger engine but the upgrade I think is 4k for the 410 and 8k for the 450. I would want the 450 I think? Seems too much though to upgrade when I'm hearing the 350 with torque prop will be fine.

Edited by BigSilly450x

Not power Wedge but "auto set" so no change I don't think. I'm sure he would do better that 4k&8k but I think those are MSRP prices. At this point I can't afford the upgrade and keep my payment under $400 which is something I want. We'll see I would only upgrade if I have the extra cash.

Edited by BigSilly450x

There are plenty of Axis owners with the 350/torque prop enjoying there boats. Unless your going up in altitude or plan on pushing a lot of weight the 350 will probably be adequate. When you Demo'd the Axis what motor did they have in the boat?

So for those who have had both a 'Bu and Axis in mind, what was the overall deciding factor?

My options were used 2005-08 VLX for around 50, new Vride 21 for around 55, and a new A22 for around 50 (this was in feb of 2011).

I chose the new A22 because:

Unlike the used VLX, we could pick all our colors and options, had a full warranty, and since we were financing a lot of it, we could get a better loan on new, so it was cheaper to go with the A22.

Unlike the Vride, it had a lot more hidden ballast, (vRides typically do not have factory bow ballast option, so that was a huge turn off knowing how much bow weight is needed to properly weight that V-25 hull), and the gel schemes that year were not very desirable to us, plus it was another $5k more, 6" shorter.