Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu interior work recommendation.

Ronnie

Can I ask anyone that has had it done how much a full interior was? I am debating doing seat bottoms or the whole boat.

10 hours ago, 95echelon said:

Can I ask anyone that has had it done how much a full interior was? I am debating doing seat bottoms or the whole boat.

$4500, 2 years ago, did a factory style replacement. Drop off/pick up. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 10:31 PM, That Guy said:

How did you need a full redo that early on?

10 hours ago, That Guy said:

??? This was on our 96 Sunsetter LX.

Makes more sense, i just looked at your profile and only saw the 17 and 15 boats

• 4 months later...

Any recommendations for the center rear seat that everyone steps down on from the sun deck on a 13 lsv? It's had the seams stitched up twice, and is ripping again.

Would like to reinforce it some how with a hard step, and add some gator step to it or something. Looks like s*** and I'm not spending another $300 bucks to have it redone by malibu. 

Interesting that you bring that up. We’re looking to do the same thing right now to a friend of mine’s 13 lsv. We’re planning on doing something here in a few weeks. Would love to see if anyone else has done it though. I’ll try to take pics of what we do if it will help

• 1 month later...

hi all,

I've tried looking back through this topic, trying to find someone that still supplies matching vinyl, upholstery for a 2003 Malibu, Wakesetter  VLX, Hull number-MB2K1337A303?

I live in a remote area of NY State(Oneonta) and closest Malibu dealer is a couple hours away. These Malibu dealers anywhere close to me, don't seem like they want to help with supplying vinyl without completing the work. I have a local upholstery guy who has my seats, but cant come up with the matching vinyl. 

could anyone supply a contact that would supply just the needed vinyl to match my 03 Wakesetter?

please let me know, best regards,

Peter1

Formulaben,

thank you for your feedback, i'll def reach out to Copycat and see what they say. If its better to follow normal procedure, then guess my guy will have to let Copycat take care of it.

appreciated, best regards,

Peter1

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 1:00 PM, formulaben said:

CopyCat Upholstery matched mine perfectly.  Normal procedure is to pull the old skins off and new ones will show up later, but if you want your guy to do the work maybe then can supply the vinyl by matching.

I have a lot of respect for you opinion on these things. I need to get some upholstery work done soon so will strongly consider CopyCat. Happen to have any pics? 

I got a text from a member today that's been here from the start when we started the site. He has an older boat and wanted Gabe to do the interior. He couldn't get a comfirmation from Gabe on doing the work or even a time frame. He took it to Dallas Canvas & Upholstery and was very happy with the results and time it took to get the boat back in service.

Local girl did two seat bottoms for me. The big back seat and the observer seat with new foam. Ask around to your local dealers (Malibu or not) who they use. Lots of local businesses out there that do a great job and can match most vinyls. 

14 hours ago, Asmodeus2112 said:

I have a lot of respect for you opinion on these things. I need to get some upholstery work done soon so will strongly consider CopyCat. Happen to have any pics? 

Well thank you, I appreciate that!  Sorry I don't have more.  You'll see pictures with the old and new side-by-side.  I didn't give the old vinyl a deep clean, but for 16+ year old vinyl I thought the match was as good as it could get.  Only difference I could see was stitching width.  I replaced the 2 outboard lockers and aft corner seats to get me by until I do the full interior in a few years.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b87l029echeo6cb/AADNfa01CfvnhAPAgcX5pz3Ua?dl=0

• Like 1
11 hours ago, formulaben said:

Well thank you, I appreciate that!  Sorry I don't have more.  You'll see pictures with the old and new side-by-side.  I didn't give the old vinyl a deep clean, but for 16+ year old vinyl I thought the match was as good as it could get.  Only difference I could see was stitching width.  I replaced the 2 outboard lockers and aft corner seats to get me by until I do the full interior in a few years.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b87l029echeo6cb/AADNfa01CfvnhAPAgcX5pz3Ua?dl=0

Thanks, my biggest problems are the two lockers and engine cover, plus the three seat bases on the back. Your pics give me a good idea what the match might be like. Just looking to keep the boat up to 85% or so for the rest of it's useful life, not expecting it to be new again. This looks like the ticket. 

Yes, the 4 pieces were $550 and I had to pay shipping each way, so my grand total was $630.  You can take pictures of your skins and give dimensions and they will quote you online. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 10:31 PM, That Guy said:

Where did you have this done? 

On 7/9/2019 at 1:19 AM, Cazan said:

Where did you have this done? 

I don't recall the name of the place, it was a small shop, 1-2 man operation south of Columbus, recommended by a friend of a friend. I'll see if I can dig up the paperwork on it, but sold the boat a couple years ago now so not sure I kept anything.

On 7/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, That Guy said:

I don't recall the name of the place, it was a small shop, 1-2 man operation south of Columbus, recommended by a friend of a friend. I'll see if I can dig up the paperwork on it, but sold the boat a couple years ago now so not sure I kept anything.

Ok thanks.  If you can find anything that would be great.  Even if you remember the road it was on I’ll try to look it up.  Was it possibly off Harrisburg Pike just north of Grove City?  I’m having a hard time finding a decent shop in central Ohio that doesn’t want 8k plus to redo the interior. 

• 3 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, boardjnky4 said:

Hit up Viper Customs. They do great work. Here is my A22:

eQ7VwclCsxBYqucn0XbSJ-ua2mrAv7xsy3haurwS

Love the look, can I ask how your finding the finishes on this now you've lived with it for a bit, does it clean up easily, staining etc?

15 hours ago, MACC said:

Love the look, can I ask how your finding the finishes on this now you've lived with it for a bit, does it clean up easily, staining etc?

I sold the boat in the spring, but I never had issues. It's all top-brand vinyl. That Carbon Fiber is the exact same supplier that Mastercraft was using when they were putting that in all of their boats. The red and grey are exactly what malibu had been using in their boats in the 2015-2017 range.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone been able to get in contact with Gabriel Garcia recently?  I have messaged his shop's Facebook page a few weeks ago with no response.  I emailed him about a week ago and no response.  I need to get a rear seat skin replaced (popped at the pipping pretty badly).

Yes I had him do skins for me over the winter. He is super swamped but you basically have to keep trying him via phone. He answers randomly and then just make sure you have the timeline and commitments agreed upon and we never had any hiccups.