Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu interior work recommendation.

Ronnie

I'm a little surprised so many guys are buying from some shop in Timbuktu. Is it really that big a deal that the guy have the exact OEM patterns? Or can't a reputable shop in just about any town in the country do a re-upholstery job that is pretty close to as nice as the stock Malibu job?

Has anyone bothered to look around at local shops in their own town?

I did (with the bimini) & ended up with what I think is pretty nice... and definitely unique!

Someone needs to do it.

I have a shop locally that has done a few friends boats. Good outcome. But - I didn't give it the "super eyeball" like I would on my own.

So I'm having them stitch up some of the rear skins and see how it turns out.

If they do a good job, they may just get my business regardless.

I just liked the idea of being able to replace a few skins at a time by using true Malibu vinyl so it would at least match color (even if not in age). Like the front seating one season. The center seating another season. The rear sunpad a third season.

How long does it take Chris to normally get back with you guys...I left a voicemail 2 days ago and still no response. Not in a big hurry, just not sure my message made it.

It was 3-4 days for me but it was over the holidays as well.

This is the second & last time that I'm going to say this: DO NOT MAKE INQUIRIES ABOUT CHEE IN THIS THREAD. Use one of the many other threads for that, this thread is for alternative sources for interior work. From here on out, I'm going to delete, without warning, any requests for or posts in this thread regarding updates about Chee.

Am I making myself clear?

@wakegirl, how is this any different than the 4 new threads all on Ford f150's started in the last week? I know I'm fairly new to the forum but from what I have seen while here is a thread about upholstery on this site it is pretty much synonymous with Chee. Wouldn't the better thing be to just refer a new reader over to the other thread with detail rather then threaten to delete without notice any further posts? Maybe there is something I'm missing but just seemed like a pretty sharp response to a simple question.

• Like 1

This is where a simple search comes in to find threads about Chee and his work. If we had $1.00 for every thread started about Chee we wouldn't need to have Supporting Members to help carry the cost of this site!

The problem is that it's off the topic of this thread. There have been countless threads about Chee started. Most of them were how to contact him. Now it's gone another direction. This thread is titled Malibu Interior Work Recommendation. If you want to recommend someone to do interior work, post it here or start another thread. This thread is not about Where is Chee? Or How can I get my money back from someone that has skipped out on me. Or How can I get my money returned from someone that more than likely doesn't have it to return it to me. Or How can I get blood out of a turnip? It's about Recommending a source for interior work. It's here for the members of this site to refer to if they are needing interior work recommended, not to whine about some guy that clearly isn't going to uphold his part of an agreement. It's NOT about Chee.

• Like 2

C&E Upholstery in Savage MN

These are the guys recommended by the local MC and Malibu dealer. They would not have patterns so you would need to bring them your boat or existing cushions/skins. Not sure how much access they have to matching vinyl but they matched the spotter seat perfectly in my father in-laws 04 Response when he had them make a new skin for his ripped spotter seat.

@wakegirl, how is this any different than the 4 new threads all on Ford f150's started in the last week? I know I'm fairly new to the forum but from what I have seen while here is a thread about upholstery on this site it is pretty much synonymous with Chee. Wouldn't the better thing be to just refer a new reader over to the other thread with detail rather then threaten to delete without notice any further posts? Maybe there is something I'm missing but just seemed like a pretty sharp response to a simple question.

Because this thread's topic is not about Chee, it's about alternatives to Chee. Don't clutter that up with talk about Chee, when you have umpteen other threads that are explicitly dedicated to that topic. This situation is not comparable to the threads about F150s because the talk around Chee is relatively volatile right now. We want to keep the mob of pitchforks out of this discussion.

And the sharp response was given because they clearly didn't read the first post that I made asking that people keep requests about Chee in the other threads. If you're going to completely ignore an explicit request made by an admin, expect a sharp response.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Ronnie,I like others have lost some money on the previous upholstery magician.

Are you able to send me his number and possibly email address as I live in the land down under and getting any vinyl close to my 99Sunsetter Lxi is near impossible down here. Cheers

Folks in the Kansas City area should contact Gary @ G&J Auto Trim. He doesn't have malibu templates but he can take your existing skin and make new ones to match. I haven't had him do any work on my Malibu but he did tons of work on my Prostar and his work has always been top notch. On top of that he's done vinyl work in Jeeps of mine, leather work in my mother's car, installed seat heaters, etc.

His shop has been in business as long as I can remember and he does all the cab over truck customizations for the local ford fleet dealer.

His number is 913-782-7642, his website is http://gandjautotrim.com/

Hi Ronnie,I like others have lost some money on the previous upholstery magician.

Are you able to send me his number and possibly email address as I live in the land down under and getting any vinyl close to my 99Sunsetter Lxi is near impossible down here. Cheers

Phone contact is in the first post of this thread.

Can anyone send me the contact details of Chris Phillips. I like many others did my hard earned in with you know who.

Does he have an email address as I live in Australia and finding it impossible to match my vinyl.

I saw some Viper work and was VERY impressed...an older 205 I was looking at had been redone by them with new MC vinyl. Amazing work.

I picked up my boat from Great Wakes in Lenoir City, TN. While I was there a guy brought in a Supra that he had redone for a Great Wakes customer. Orange and white checkerboard theme with a power T on the sun deck. You had to be a Tennessee fan to appreciate it, but the craftsmanship was impressive. I didn't get the guys name but Zach at GW said he uses him a lot. Might be another alternative to call GW and find out who it was.

• 1 month later...

Last week I received all my skins from Chris. They are awesome! Great quality vinyl and the color and style is an exact factory match. I've finished installing 3 out of the 4 seat cushion skins and then I'll tackle the remaining interior panels. After the whole Ch$$ thing I can't say enough how happy I am to have these and get my boat ready before the season starts. Chris is a nice guy and very helpful. He's a busy guy but he was very honest in his timeline and schedule from the start and delivered just as promised. So, if you are attempting to contact him just be patient. I've been a member here for a while and just recently joined as a paid member so I can start to post some pics and enjoy some of the member discounts. Attached are some pictures of most of the panels, but bare with me if they don't post correctly. Chris redid almost 75% of my boat so there are some misc skins I did not take pictures of but you get the jist. He also send all the trim as well. I've done a ton of other work to my boat over the winter so I'll probably start a new thread and post some picture of the before and after of everything installed plus some of the other mods I've done over the winter. Thanks Chris

post-927-0-64055500-1426647837_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a new sheriff in town. Ie. Someone to do skins. I just got a set for my 2003 XTI from a contact I got from Chris. His name is Gabriel Garcia. Email:[email protected]

They are the genuine quality and craftsmanship we are used to getting from the one who shall not be named. Enjoy!

I'll attach some pictures tonight if i get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures of the Skins. I'm in the initial fit stage and haven't put on the finishing touches(full trim, staple, piping). Used the new material color chart from local dealer and changed up the scheme to resemble the newer interiors. The boat is undergoing a complete cosmetic over haul of interior and exterior. Will post on a separate thread. Skins came with new netting, trim, and piping. Overall very satisfied.

20150328_180840_zpshetm9030.jpg20150327_230510_zpsbbyrfwty.jpg20150327_230501_zpsvzmteiqr.jpg

20150327_230444_zpsdpr3o4en.jpg20150326_194842_zpsi8dlzc8g.jpg20150330_221216_zps4se8iljx.jpg20150328_180905_zpstgyc3qjg.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...