Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

IXFE boat order finalized... (long)

IXFE

She's all done, fellas. Nothing fancy, just a clean, factory look.

I went to great lengths along the way to make sure the factory carpet could still be removed without messing with the sub or kick panel.... I wasn't sure until the end if it would all come together as I envisioned. Well, it did! Factory carpet snaps into place right up against the new kick panel... I literally used every milimetee of depth.

20150524_205208_zpsopxsuomu.jpg

Better look at the port... almost completely hidden way over there on the left.

20150524_205241_zpso3dv1izf.jpg

• Like 2

I also need to add... I was super worried that the 1" wide port would be an issue. This was a first for me, so I cut it before hearing these concerns. Well, rest easy boys. That port may blow hard (like leaf blower hard!), but it's as quiet as a church mouse.

Another note... the Exile BT is an amazing little unit. Best $50 I spent on this build. I now have three BT connections in this boat... Guess which one I'll be using. It's so good I ditched my 3.5mm aux cable.

Well done! looks great.... you put a lot of work into that system.... Assuming she is a beast?

Trav, yeah i worked hard. This sub project just about killed me. Im posting from the boat right now, barely able to move... my body is so sore from this last race to the finish. [emoji51]

She's a beast for sure... gonna be using that sub volume knob alot this year to tame her. She can shake the floor and rattle your teath, or turn her down to 1/4 volume and she just purrs along with the rest of the system. I'm calling her the "jackhammer!"

All that and no rattles at all... I was pretty worried about that. So far it's tight as a drum.

The saving grace on your port is the length. You actually have a s-ton of surface area there. I didn't think you would have an issue.

Nice job on melding it all together. I agree 100 % on the Exile BT.

We did a back to back comparo on the water , two I-phones, one on a 3.5 into the ZLD and other on the Exile BT module.

Played same song on both , made sure EQ settings on both phones were flat and made sure both gains were equally seton ZLD. We noted only a slight bit of bass extension on the cable, but the Exile BT actually plays a touch louder. We all decided there is not enough SQ difference to warrant the hassles of having a cable plugged in.

Edited by Bawshogg

Trav, yeah i worked hard. This sub project just about killed me. Im posting from the boat right now, barely able to move... my body is so sore from this last race to the finish. [emoji51]

She's a beast for sure... gonna be using that sub volume knob alot this year to tame her. She can shake the floor and rattle your teath, or turn her down to 1/4 volume and she just purrs along with the rest of the system. I'm calling her the "jackhammer!"

All that and no rattles at all... I was pretty worried about that. So far it's tight as a drum.

Enjoy my friend, turned out awesome... heading out on the water today? We are going to battle the crowds... not expecting much, probably just swim off the boat, chillax and listen to some tunes! :) I might even have to hook up the dreaded tube today...

Enjoy my friend, turned out awesome... heading out on the water today? We are going to battle the crowds... not expecting much, probably just swim off the boat, chillax and listen to some tunes! :) I might even have to hook up the dreaded tube today...

Yeah, we're headed to the river here in a bit. Getting a late start but whatever. It's pretty overcast here today so I think that may keep the crowds away.