Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23 LSV has arrived in NC

thtrog

Some of you guys seem to know about what he was thinking for ordering ... Did I miss a fun build a boat thread? :lol:

You didn't miss anything, Cory and I had some discussions about trailer options. I had this one picked out and ordered for a good while, but had it pushed out to a later spray date.

Sorry, I took a few but they were too dark in the shade....I'll get some more. The floor is Moonbeam this year and SeaDek is on order!

Are you going with SeaDek platform pad as well? The last time i checked they did not have the pattern for the '15 with the extended lip that goes under the trim piece.

I've not spent much time with the boat, but did notice the walk through handles are now brushed finish. When checking to see it had the correct power I also saw they now have a drain line on the warming tray.

94FE3677-D41C-4588-BDD3-892811CA0CF4_zps

hmmm... anybody know where to get that power switch door thingy? might be a very functional mod to add to the list.

Are you going with SeaDek platform pad as well? The last time i checked they did not have the pattern for the '15 with the extended lip that goes under the trim piece.

I sent in a updated template and got the platform extended so there should be enough lip. It remains to be seen how well it works I couldn't get them to have the lip single layer like stock pad, it's the full teak so it might not fit great.

This was all about two weeks ago... I will post pics when I get the pads and get them installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can't find the one with the door on a quick search. Think this would be hideous?

202627F-p.jpg

can't find the one with the door on a quick search. Think this would be hideous?

202627F-p.jpg

Neither can I. I found that one too and no I don't think it would be hideous. Those pockets are pretty hidden.

I agree, that plate would look fine and is well hidden in the factory pocket position. I looked to see if the was a part number or any identification, but it may be on the back.

I sent in a updated template and got the platform extended so there should be enough lip. It remains to be seen how well it works I couldn't get them to have the lip single layer like stock pad, it's the full teak so it might not fit great.

This was all about two weeks ago... I will post pics when I get the pads and get them installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pad have shipped, I only ordered the main cabin and storage cabin pieces. Did you also have them cut the cup holders for the stepdown?

hmmm... anybody know where to get that power switch door thingy? might be a very functional mod to add to the list.

dont know about the door, but the Blue Sea switch can be flush mounted. That door is likely a Malibu part, listed on the 2015 parts list.

What does the grain direction arrow represent on the layout? I've never noticed a grain to the material before, but never looked super close.

Not sure, the only change in last year's layout I had was to delete the floor cutout for the table.

Another cool feature I was informed about on the Pw2 is a quick release in case the wedge ever did get stuck in the deployed position. It will allow you to stow the wedge and continue on with your day on the water rather than having a deployed wedge all day. Pretty nice back up feature and I have a feeling the new hydraulic pw2 will be much more reliable than the dual lenco actuator setup, less binding and more long term reliability.

From Malibu sales rep..

"If something were to happen, there is a bypass that one can easily twist and release to enjoy the weekend and not have it shut him down because the wedge is stuck. Huge improvement on that alone. Larger foil=more down force at all sports."

Sweet boat Eddie, great color selection.

• Like 2

That boat is beautiful. I really like the black, charcoal metallic, and white combo.

I finally got our first water test on a 2015 VLX with G4 tower. I'm loving the new updates!!! Everything works so well together it just felt so smooth and relaxing in the boat. I can't wait to get my hands on ours. I still have 2-3 months to wait.

• Like 3