Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Johnson F4B-11 Ultra Ballast Pumps on ebay for 149.99 (free shipping)

Murphy8166

Upon further inspection of my $149 Johnson pump - the orange impeller was included with the unit.

Pretty happy about that

This pushed me over the edge, just ordered one. $149.99.

I am getting ready to purchase my ballast components, I definitely will give wake makers the opportunity to pull together a deal for me. One thing you sacrifice when ordering off Ebay/Amazon is customer service, and I always like to give the small shops business to help keep them going. Wake makers customer service has always been top shelf, there is something to say about having a lifeline to contact.

I am getting ready to purchase my ballast components, I definitely will give wake makers the opportunity to pull together a deal for me. One thing you sacrifice when ordering off Ebay/Amazon is customer service, and I always like to give the small shops business to help keep them going. Wake makers customer service has always been top shelf, there is something to say about having a lifeline to contact.

I am with you man, I am actually feeling a little guilty about buying those off ebay. I'll be getting everything else from WM. Still going to be a big order...

IIRC it's like a globe impeller .... made from more of a silicone substance than rubber. Better run dry protection.

Good deal.

Edited by Levi900RR
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so maybe this is a dumb question, but I don't know a lot about ballast pumps. Are you guys buying these pumps and replacing the OEM pumps with these ones? If so, why? Is there something wrong with the OEM pumps?

Ok so maybe this is a dumb question, but I don't know a lot about ballast pumps. Are you guys buying these pumps and replacing the OEM pumps with these ones? If so, why? Is there something wrong with the OEM pumps?

I am adding dedicated pumps to my locker bags and the bow. Which is in addition to my factory ballast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered one of these. I hope it has the Orange Impeller, but either way its a great deal. This will be my 3rd and final Johnson Ultra for my boat and I love them. I will still have one sac on aerators, but its the MLS sac and not as big as the others, so fill and drain times are about the same.

Make sure and give wake makers a chance to compete with this eBay price. Plus you will get great customer service on top of it. There is something to say about having a lifeline if you ever have a problem with one of these pumps or need assistance with the install process. They also offer free shipping with orders over $99.

Edited by Fman
  • 1 month later...