Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The official find Lance a 23LSV thread.

Lance B. Johnson

Boats are only cheaper in the states for us when our dollar is par or close. For us to buy a u s boat right now we would pay an extra 15% right now than you guys would. It is now favorable for you guys to buy up here. If you guys buy a used truck right now there is a good chance it is fron canada, I deal with one dealer alone, and there is hundreds more that is sending 200 trucks a month to the seattle auction.

Lance, the longer you wait there is a good chance of the boat getting even cheaper for you, forecast this morning was for the Canadian dollar to drop another 5 cents.

I thought canadian vehicles had metric dashes?

I think the problem is more my bank than anything. My bank will only send US funds. Because the exchange is always in flux, when my bank sends US funds the amount that the Canadian bank recieves, won't be right.

In addition, our US banks are requiring a lot more documentation then they are used to providing (I think) My bank still has not received all the necessary paperwork from the owners. We have been waiting for a few days on this and not sure why there is a hold up.

Can't you just get your own cushion to the canadian bank of say $1,000 CAN and then even with the minor exchange rate flux there's an overpayment which gets refunded to you at closing?

Can't you just get your own cushion to the canadian bank of say $1,000 CAN and then even with the minor exchange rate flux there's an overpayment which gets refunded to you at closing?

That thought crossed my mind.

I thought canadian vehicles had metric dashes?

They change them all to mph speedos and most newer vehicles have a button to change between english and metric for everything digital like farenheit/celsius for climate and will change digital odometer into miles

You have plenty of time. No reason to settle, especially when you're dropping this kind of cheese....

If I am going to have to transport this boat any sort of distance I have about a month. Or I can wait until spring.

They change them all to mph speedos and most newer vehicles have a button to change between english and metric for everything digital like farenheit/celsius for climate and will change digital odometer into miles

Still considered gray market vehicles and do not qualify for warranty in the states. At least that's the case with Acura.

:)

Or, blame Canada.

What little of Canada I know......I should probably have been born there.

Seriously, If I leave for work at 6:30 all is good. If I leave at 7:00 everybody is fighting to get ahead of me in traffic...like its a race or something. I mumble under my breath about the rat racers.....and my commute is only 10 mins.

Seriously, If I leave for work at 6:30 all is good. If I leave at 7:00 everybody is fighting to get ahead of me in traffic...like its a race or something. I mumble under my breath about the rat racers.....and my commute is only 10 mins.

Which is why you should ride your bike. It takes you out of all of that.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

As frustrating as it may be, you guys seem to really like that boat and it checks all of you requirements off. As you said, you have about a month left before the roads get bad. And who knows, they might store it for you over the winter. I don't think you are settling at all if you try to wait it out. I would. If it falls through in a month, there will be a ton to look at then too.

• Like 1

What does this have to do with Canada?? Lol

AAAAND like usual wakegirl comes from no where and boom. Epiphany.

I'm on a mission to make fewer posts that have more meaning. :lol:

Actually I'm on a mission to focus on doing well in my classes & to land a job because of it. It's nice when recruiters ask what your GPA is & you aren't embarrassed to tell them. :) But that leaves very little time for keeping up with however many umpteen-thousands of meaningless posts that I've made.

You'll get the boat figured out. If it's me, I'd have walked away by now, but there is that saying about the wife being happy & all of that. ;)

• Like 1

Actually I'm on a mission to focus on doing well in my classes & to land a job because of it. It's nice when recruiters ask what your GPA is & you aren't embarrassed to tell them. :) But that leaves very little time for keeping up with however many umpteen-thousands of meaningless posts that I've made.

You'll get the boat figured out. If it's me, I'd have walked away by now, but there is that saying about the wife being happy & all of that. ;)

So that means you will be monitoring our childish behavior less? YES! Free for all!!!!

:clap:

• Like 2

ya I hear ya. Its the fourth quarter :rockon:

If I am going to have to transport this boat any sort of distance I have about a month. Or I can wait until spring.

A month if you're extremely lucky. Calgary had snow in September and you would be very late spring when the roads are clear again I'm talking may unless you want a nice sand blasted trailer and boat.

A month if you're extremely lucky. Calgary had snow in September and you would be very late spring when the roads are clear again I'm talking may unless you want a nice sand blasted trailer and boat.

Gotcha. Good to know.

We bought a X-Star from BC and sold it to Montana. Cash deals each way. Paperwork problems is an understatement..Add a couple banks in there and I say you better start looking for another boat. I truly hope that's not the case. What kind of paperwork is your bank requesting?

We bought a X-Star from BC and sold it to Montana. Cash deals each way. Paperwork problems is an understatement..Add a couple banks in there and I say you better start looking for another boat. I truly hope that's not the case. What kind of paperwork is your bank requesting?

Pshhhaw- I don't even know anymore. Bank is communicating with wizard lake who is communicating with the boat owners.