Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The official find Lance a 23LSV thread.

Lance B. Johnson

LBJ, I just sold my vlx to someone in New Zealand. I was clueless how this would go down, it turned out to be pretty simple. Once a price was agreed on I gave him all my bank routing information and he wired me the money. I then faxed him the signed pink slips, bill of sale, etc. and we arranged shipping to long beach then off to new zealand. There we no issues with wiring the money, the amount we discussed went into our account. In this situation trust is the key, buyer assumes all the risk, he is wiring money to someone who is a private owner and assuming the boat is prestine and I was a legit seller. I actually used my dealer as a reference for him to call and verify me and the condition of the boat. In your case its a dealer so it should be a very easy transaction. I cant imagine Wizard not having any experience with this situation before????

I hope you can get it figured out, that is one sweet ride....

Fman, in my experience selling boats to Australia/New Zealand (I have sold a few) is much easier than buying a boat from Canada. My Australian buyers could care less about titles. How about your New Zealand buyers?

The first question LBJ's bank is probably asking is, send a copy of the titles. Now I don't know about Alberta (we usually sell to Alberta), but our BC boat didn't come with titles....Registration and proof of insurance. Then you have import documentation and for whatever reason the ORIGINAL MCO for the boat. I have had an assistant on the phone for 2 weeks straight with BC seller, the border, OR Marine Board, OR DMV and Montana DMV. It aint fun....

Edited by skurfer
  • Like 1

Fman, in my experience selling boats to Australia/New Zealand (I have sold a few) is much easier than buying a boat from Canada. My Australian buyers could care less about titles. How about your New Zealand buyers?

The first question LBJ's bank is probably asking is, send a copy of the titles. Now I don't know about Alberta (we usually sell to Alberta), but our BC boat didn't come with titles....Registration and proof of insurance. Then you have import documentation and for whatever reason the ORIGINAL MCO for the boat. I have had an assistant on the phone for 2 weeks straight with BC seller, the border, OR Marine Board, OR DMV and Montana DMV. It aint fun....

He definitely wanted a faxed copy of the pink slips on trailer and boat, along with a bill of sale. I hope LBJ and Wizard can make this work for him... it just seems like it should not be that big of a task, and as a dealer you think you would be bending over backwards to grab a sale this time of year.

I like how you enter the conversation now. Where were you 3 weeks ago? :lol:

I still intend to have you out on the new boat next summer or the summer after when I can finally close a deal :whistle:

Dang! I hate this for ya. Hopefully you get your boat sooner than later.

Side story. Years ago I built a dirt bike for drag racing. Sold it to a guy in Newfoundland. He wired me the cash and I didn't hear from him for over a month. One day he called and said he was coming to get it. He flew into Toronto, rented a truck and drove to Detroit to get it. Grabbed the bike, didn't even start it and drove back to Toronto where he crated it and shipped it back to himself. All for a dirt bike... Pretty crazy I thought but apparently there aren't many dirt bikes in NF

Another time I sold a 93 yamaha wave blaster to a guy out of New York. Dude could barely speak English. He drove all the way to Detroit from NY in the middle of winter and showed up in a Geo Tracker without a trailer... Kid you not. He was sending it back to his kid who lived in Russia. I helped him disassemble the top hood, disconnect the handle bars and finagle the hull into the back of his ride. He tied it off to the door handles. I mean this thing looked ridiculous. The ski was hanging out of the back a couple feet. The nose was up on his dash. The rear door wouldn't come close to closing so he tied it shut with twine and sealed the gap with garbage bags that we duct taped to the vehicle. I always wondered how he did on that trip home...

• Like 4

Another time I sold a 93 yamaha wave blaster to a guy out of New York. Dude could barely speak English. He drove all the way to Detroit from NY in the middle of winter and showed up in a Geo Tracker without a trailer... Kid you not. He was sending it back to his kid who lived in Russia. I helped him disassemble the top hood, disconnect the handle bars and finagle the hull into the back of his ride. He tied it off to the door handles. I mean this thing looked ridiculous. The ski was hanging out of the back a couple feet. The nose was up on his dash. The rear door wouldn't come close to closing so he tied it shut with twine and sealed the gap with garbage bags that we duct taped to the vehicle. I always wondered how he did on that trip home...

Wow... and people make fun of us southerners.... lol

I bought my LSV from California, and I am Canadian, with a lake house in NY. The seller should keep the titles until your money is ready for transfer and can be confirmed. I used an escrow service since the deal was completed entirely private. Most transporters won't want to handle the titles, they leave paperwork of the boat up to you. In my case, the titles were overnighted once the money was confirmed in escrow.

I like that a lot too! Boat in Canada fall through?

Yup. The banks weren't playing nice and then I was worried about all the other hoops that I had to jump through. In the end it was skurfers post above that was the last straw. It was really looking like my troubles weren't going to stop at banking, but also could have been very difficult to get that boat titled.

I will add that I am paying a little more for this boat but I will get to inspect it personally and lake test it. To me that is worth the extra money.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson
  • Like 2

I love a boat with red accents. We have a similar color scheme on our MXZ. You found a very pretty boat! I hope the interior is as clean as the outside looks and you have a great test drive. Good Luck!

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Yup. The banks weren't playing nice and then I was worried about all the other hoops that I had to jump through. In the end it was skurfers post above that was the last straw. It was really looking like my troubles weren't going to stop at banking, but also could have been very difficult to get that boat titled.

I will add that I am paying a little more for this boat but I will get to inspect it personally and lake test it. To me that is worth the extra money.

Don't blame you one bit! I probably would have done the same thing. The blue would have been tough to give up but the red and white is awesome too! Hopefully it inspects good for you, looks very clean in the picture.

• Like 1