Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The official find Lance a 23LSV thread.

Lance B. Johnson

ahopkins22LSV

I knew you guys would want pics but honestly we were pretty rushed. We got there at 10 (opening) I inspected it and we were on the water by 10:30. We ran it through the motions, loaded it and wiped it down. Then the whole crew worked together to double check the trailer, fold the tower and shrink wrap it for the tow. Everyone was on the same page and new that we were wanting to get on the road.

No time for pics :(

When I get home and unwrap it I will post up some pics for sure.

Had dinner with the previous owners (surfdude and wife) Friday night. These are great people, the kind of people I could spend all day on the boat with. We talked about the boat some and really from what he had to say I knew I didn't have any worries about this boat. This helped a ton.

The only surprise was that it had a Keel protector. Surfdude assured me it was put there as preventitive measure not to cover up damage. I've got no problem with that, Surfdude has zero stake in any of this as he had traded it in to Missouri River Marine.

Missouri River Marine worked hard to get us back on the road in a timely manner and I did get to talk to their lead technician (he demoed the boat for us). The tech was super knowledgeable and we discussed how to limp home if there is any electronic problem with maliview or a failure in the electronic gear selector (shift by wire). He know just what to do.

If anyone cares to know, Missouri River Marine has a really nice inventory of boats if your shopping. Indoor showroom and river access right out the back door. They can have a boat dunked in the water in 5 minutes, no joke.

You home yet? :lol:

Lance! Hope you made it back ok, the weather here now is horrendous! It was great to meet one of the crew, they are few and far here in montana. Too bad we didn't get to hang out longer. By the way montana state beat Portland state in the game on Saturday. And yes we have a top notched malibu dealer in our little town, right on the river. That's why I could not own any other brand. Hope you enjoy the boat. I did my best to keep it like new. Would love to go for a surf on the Columbia sometime.

Edited by surfdude
  • Like 2

I really wanted to say thanks to Pennery after all this. He really tried to help make the Canada boat from Wizard Lake happen. The guy was ready to go above and beyond and I appreciated it. It just wasn't in the cards.

• Like 3

Lance! Hope you made it back ok, the weather here now is horrendous! It was great to meet one of the crew, they are few and far here in montana. Too bad we didn't get to hang out longer. By the way montana state beat Portland state in the game on Saturday. And yes we have a top notched malibu dealer in our little town, right on the river. That's why I could not own any other brand. Hope you enjoy the boat. I did my best to keep it like new. Would love to go for a surf on the Columbia sometime.

Man, you got it. Be happy to take you guys out.

Congrats. Those birch trees are the worst. My neighbor has 3, can't stand those seeds...

:lol::lol::lol:

Hang around me enough and you will here me gripe about those trees for sure. I hate those things.

Congrats, I am glad everything worked out for you. Boat looks super clean and great color combo! What are your plans for ballast? Or is everything already installed?

This boat will get a custom surf sack for the regular side and an 1100 for the goofy side. Two reversible for drain and fill and (maybe a transfer pump) to speed up switching. Also an additional 500# of lead. This may change though, I am not planning to do the install until winter break so I have plenty of time.

Really though the only thing I am debating on is the need for the transfer pump. It doesn't add much to the cost of the build and its easy to install so I will likely do it.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson