Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone tow their boat with an RV?

saidainc

I get it that steep ramps are an issue. Is sliding with standard ramps that get a great deal of moss? Dumb questions but I know all the weight is up front and I dont know how much traction the dualies get in order to soak the bunks for launch.

Tiffin, Newmar, Monaco. If you stay with those brands, generally you'll get a pretty good quality coach. Beaver is very good, but not made anymore. Fleetwood, Winnebago are probably next on the list. Winnebago can have a lot of issues with the windshields from 2000-2009...lots of rust problems....if you google it you'll find lots of threads on lots of Rv forums about the problem. Tiffin has wet bay issues. Newmar generally doesn't have many issues at all. Both tiffin and Newmar have very good customer service.

Hey thanks SF. Something like this is looking pretty sweet, though I don't think I have heard of the National RV brand. Probably get it down to 60 on offer.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvd/4644476093.html

Gotta think with an 8.3L 370 HP it is going to tow pretty nice. 40' is pretty fricken long though.

I get it that steep ramps are an issue. Is sliding with standard ramps that get a great deal of moss? Dumb questions but I know all the weight is up front and I dont know how much traction the dualies get in order to soak the bunks for launch.

I'd say there is a lot of weight on the rear wheels of a motor home. It's not like trying to pull out with a 2wd pickup truck or Tahoe/Burb.

• 8 months later...

We have a group and all of us launch our wakeboard boats with RVs over 40ft. Much rather do it with the bus than a truck.

We have a group and all of us launch our wakeboard boats with RVs over 40ft. Much rather do it with the bus than a truck.

Yes, the launching part isn't really what I'm worried about. It's the turning around and parking 65' that's concerning to me. I know at my local lake and campground, it's wayyyyyy to tight to launch with my motorhome. But I only live 30 mins away so my wife just drives the truck behind me. Makes it much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you got some good info out of this, I'm a little late, but I'll add this.

We have a Class C that has a 7,500 capacity. It's a 2012 Coachman Freelander 32BH with the E450 chassis.

Wife does not want a Class A, she won't drive one, prefers the Class C

I searched high and low for a Class C that had a capacity over 5,000lbs and this was the only one I could find.

This one came stock with rear airbag suspension which is what I think sets it apart. I had Torklift do the hitch work to bring the hitch up to the 7,500 capacity.

It towed just fine with our 22ft Supra. Need to get our new 24 MXZ weighed as I think I am right on the bubble.

Super C's are another option, but I saw a lot of them with a 10,000lb hitch on them only to check their sticker and do the math from GCWR to GVWR and find the chassis had no where near that capacity.