Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Powell Bummer

kdspindl

Been once this year on the house boat and trying the home rental in Page next week. But if it makes you feel any better our temperatures here just spiked higher than they have been recently and my boat is trapped in the garage behind newly poured concrete so none for me this weekend.

How long since the pour? You can use concrete way sooner than most think.

We just got home and unpack from eight days! It was just My wife and the four kids went and it was a lot of work. With two Jet Skis, two paddle boards and the bu. A lot of running. We are looking at doing a timeshare next year. Sorry you got stuck. We looked at a few boats when we where there and they ever have a small cable park in the marina at Antelope.

Some crazy boats. One we looked at was 75x22. Crazy..

Kelly

We just got home and unpack from eight days! It was just My wife and the four kids went and it was a lot of work. With two Jet Skis, two paddle boards and the bu. A lot of running. We are looking at doing a timeshare next year. Sorry you got stuck. We looked at a few boats when we where there and they ever have a small cable park in the marina at Antelope.

Some crazy boats. One we looked at was 75x22. Crazy..

Kelly

But you had fun right?? Face it, having fun is a lot of work.

Yes it was. Now I am sitting in my office back conference calls with a dirty boat sitting at home! Just wanting to get this company sold for the second time so I can get home to clean it and get it back indoors to storage. I had to set a bunch of mouse traps because I saw some droppings last nice.

Kelly

Well, my favorite week of the year is officially up in smoke. We go to Powell every year on a beautiful 75' houseboat, bring the Bu, rent some jet-skis, you know the deal. We were supposed to leave this Sunday for the week. Well, the family who was to join us this year backed out 2 weeks ago with a work conflict. My family does not want to go solo as Powell is always a little work (managing all the toys, digging anchors, etc.) along with all the fun. Thus, we are punting to next year and leaving her sit at Antelope Point for the week.
So I am now counting the days, 367 to go, until I get back up there. No point to this post except hoping it gets me over my depression and looking at pictures of past trips. I think I need new friends. If anyone has ever wanted to bring their family to Powell, shoot me a note and maybe we'll meet you :)

I feel your pain. We have a cabin on Ten Mile lake in Oregon and sometimes its so difficult to ever make plans with people to stay a week or two. Its basically a free vacation and all but its still difficult. We have gotten to the point where we just say, "We will be at the Cabin from XX-XX, show up if you want."

What I have learned is that having friends that boat in invaluable. Its hard to imagine but there are some people that aren't into it as much as we are :crazy:

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

I feel your pain. We have a cabin on Ten Mile lake in Oregon and sometimes its so difficult to ever make plans with people to stay a week or two. Its basically a free vacation and all but its still difficult. We have gotten to the point where we just say, "We will be at the Cabin from XX-XX, show up if you want."

What I have learned is that having friends that boat in invaluable. Its hard to imagine but there are some people that aren't into it as much as we are :crazy:

What's wrong with these people anyway?