Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

14 LSV vs. JetSki

LakeBelton

So the PWC owner was letting someone other than them (likely unskilled in handling of the craft) operate their vehicle (illegally) without insurance?

I'm not the litigious type, but I'd sue for a new Bu... if I were you...

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 2

You still have rights to sue the rider, her parents if under 18, and the owner of the jetski. They all share responsibility in the matter. No way in hell I wouldn't make her life miserable for as long as I could. Even if u get a judgement then u can start seizing property and creating liens for if she or her parents come into money or property

It the jet ski was a Yamaha if would go after them. But, not a seadoo. ;)

If the insurance company doesn't want to go after them maybe should just let it go. Will it affect your rates?

It must have been a Yamaha...SeaDont would have sunk on impact, lol! :rofl:

OP sorry to hear that....sucks for sure. Good luck with the repairs.

You still have rights to sue the rider, her parents if under 18, and the owner of the jetski. They all share responsibility in the matter. No way in hell I wouldn't make her life miserable for as long as I could. Even if u get a judgement then u can start seizing property and creating liens for if she or her parents come into money or property

She's an adult...an immature c-word that won't own up to her mistakes.

Boats aren't like cars. As the owner of a boat, you hold a tremendous amount of liability for the vessel, those that use it, and those on it (including their stupidity). The owner of that PWC is fully liable for the damage done to the boat. I would get a lawyer involved ASAP and do not accept any repair procedure by your insurance yet. This could be a long and drawn out problem, and I would advise you get a lawyer who works partial percent recovery. I hate to say this, but if the drive and owner of the PWC don't have anything to give you, you probably won't get much from them especially if they have no insurance.

I see many people responding to sue the PWC driver and I completely agree... BUT.... first see what you can find out about her financial situation. The only thing worse than your current situation would be to spend a lot of money to sue her only to find out she has nothing. Sure, you can get a judgment but that doesn't FORCE her to pay you. To force her to pay you would mean you have to attach liens to her assets (car, home, etc.) or garnish a bank account. If she doesn't have any of those, or a secured lender stands in front of you with their lien, then there you are with a judgment that isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Edited by Steve5sst
  • Like 2

You could just find out where she lives, follow her home (in a couple weeks, when things calm down) and beat the crap out of her.

Just saying.

Or if that is too violent, then just wait until she goes inside and take a baseball bat to her car. :)

Maybe visit this thread for some other ideas about how to handle your "justice".

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50917-rabbit-in-my-yard/?hl=%2Brabbit+%2Btennis+%2Bball#entry738028

Rabbit, Tank girl...same nuisance!

• 2 months later...

Update... lol.

Boat was broken into at the dealership (still in the middle of fiberglass repairs and warranty)... thief stole amp rack... ~$2k claim with insurance company... LOL!

Update... lol.

Boat was broken into at the dealership (still in the middle of fiberglass repairs and warranty)... thief stole amp rack... ~$2k claim with insurance company... LOL!

Man, how did you build up such bad karma dude!

LOL. That's what everyone has said... that isn't as upside down as I am in this boat... all the demons have to be out now... saw it Saturday and the entire interior is being replaced under warranty (stitching)... basically brand new.