Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Simple stereo setup

JulioEstevez

Good plan. Remember that you will have to budget around $100 for installation parts, especially if you are looking at speakers in that $200/pr. range. You will need RCA cables, power wires, speaker wire, etc. Lengths and price will depend on where the amp is going.

No joke there, it all adds up. I spent about that for installation part with my little system in my little boat:

4 Polk speakers (new) $119

1 Basslink sub (used) $125

1 Alpine HU (used) $125

1 Boston Acoustics amp (recon) $98

Installation parts - $206 (wiring, RCA cables, fuses, etc.)

The amp made a world of difference. The sub pulled it all together. $673 for a very basic system, that soulds good while under power, great when parked, but was affordable.

What should I do if I have my two pairs of speakrs are not the same? (6,5" and 6"x9")

You'd need a 4 channel amp. I'd just get the PPI P900.5, 5 channel amp ($250). That way you could add a sub at any time.

Sorry it took me a while to reply. Yes, those are the ones I bought. To be clear, they don't have a rich base to them and they start to get distorted if you turn them up too loud, but they can be turned loud enough to make you put some effort into having a conversation.