Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Lime Green LSV

NorrisMike

I know a couple things that nobody has guessed yet.<br /> <br />Certainly big motors and big props get you out of the hole faster - but could there be another way to skin that cat?

You know you desperately want to be the one to break this news. With guts comes glory. I believe you are the man with enough guts. You deserve the glory. Do what you already want to do. You'll be a legend on TMC. Tell us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cory

I once agreed with and made mention about the 2014 changes and had a call from my dealer after Malibu called him. pretty sure those that know, want to keep their relationship status of "in the know" by not spilling

ahopkins22LSV
think... more subtle.

The ECM will be programmed to only run 10am-6am the next day so I can ski and not have to worry about surfers/boarders in the morning?!?!?!?! That's the best thing Malibu has ever done!! :biggrin:

With the name of this thread so coded, no one but the ones here seem to know anything more about the new boat, I keep checking WW as I thought for sure I would see a thread over with more leaks but nothing..

If anyone in the know cares to share more info via PM with me please do.. It would be much appreciated.

^^^^^ 16 Posts in 8 years....How do you do it man!!! I hope they don't mess with the throttle...because its the best.

Not sure how that matters, but if you really want to know.. If you read my profile I joined this site (and others) when I got into tow boats.. I ended up buying a Tige and have since owned 3 of them ( 22VE and 2X RZ2's) hanging out at Tigeowners this whole time but have sinceI sold my last RZ2 and unless Tige releases a surf gate boat like yesterday I am either buying a BU (new VLX or LSV) or a Nautique (G21) My plan is to buy a left over 14 ( G21) or order a new 15 (BU) hence the need for info in this thread. My Father in Law bought a 2014 VLX this season after we water tested a 2013 VLX late last year. The water test sold me to...LOL

So if I end up getting a BU you will be seeing my name lots, if I end up in a G21 you probably won't.

I know a couple things that nobody has guessed yet.

Certainly big motors and big props get you out of the hole faster - but could there be another way to skin that cat?

A 2:1 transmission with a 17" prop works very well, Nautique is already doing it.

Malibu could also change the geometry of the wedge and allow it to swing forward by 5-10 degrees when in the "full down" position. This would provide rear end lift like a trim tab that would help the boat get on plane when heavily weighted. The wedge, actuators and software are all already there, just need to change the bracket and mechanism geometry a bit.

Edited by Brett B

Not sure how that matters, but if you really want to know.. If you read my profile I joined this site (and others) when I got into tow boats.. I ended up buying a Tige and have since owned 3 of them ( 22VE and 2X RZ2's) hanging out at Tigeowners this whole time but have sinceI sold my last RZ2 and unless Tige releases a surf gate boat like yesterday I am either buying a BU (new VLX or LSV) or a Nautique (G21) My plan is to buy a left over 14 ( G21) or order a new 15 (BU) hence the need for info in this thread. My Father in Law bought a 2014 VLX this season after we water tested a 2013 VLX late last year. The water test sold me to...LOL

So if I end up getting a BU you will be seeing my name lots, if I end up in a G21 you probably won't.

Well said!

You'll still be here, just ask nRyan :)