Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Lime Green LSV

NorrisMike

It's not. They're just going away from ZF. I got a call from ZF on a recall for my 2014 today. Nice.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean by "it's not." What's not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cory

New transmission for this boat too. ZF is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would a new tranny mean an new engine manufacturer too? It makes me wonder if PCM and their tranny combo is coming to the Malibu brand.

If a Diesel engine upgrade is too expensive for you then don't buy the upgrade. I get tired hearing people complain about how much stuff costs and they have no idea what goes into development or what materials cost. If it's too expensive then purchase something else and quit complaining.

Wow thats an Xtreme post number 2...

ahopkins22LSV

Would a new tranny mean an new engine manufacturer too? It makes me wonder if PCM and their tranny combo is coming to the Malibu brand.

PCM is going to be used in the Axis and Response lines in 15.

Do you think by putting PCM engines in some of their boats, Malibu will be using the PCM tranny and Vdrive across the entire line (even with Indmar engines)?

Why is malibu leaving ZF? Was there a problem with them? Are the larger boats, larger props, and increased use of larger engines demanding a beefier tranny?

<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cory

Beyond PCM, what are the other transmission/V-driver options? What is MC running w/ their Ilmor engines? Would be excited to see the 2:1 and 17" prop in a Malibu. I've been in a G23 w/o it, and one with the new option, night and day difference.

Beyond PCM, what are the other transmission/V-driver options? What is MC running w/ their Ilmor engines? Would be excited to see the 2:1 and 17" prop in a Malibu. I've been in a G23 w/o it, and one with the new option, night and day difference.

I've seen this posted before...I'm interested in knowing what Malibu a 17" prop would fit???

Malibu runs a ZF 45 IV.

Mastercraft runs a ZF 63 IV with 1.56 ratio (I am guessing this is standard for all Ilmor engines)...

Specs on each: http://www.simplicity-marine.com/Hurth-ZF.htm

The 63 IV is a different shape - more upright and flat compared to the tube shape 45 in Malibu. The 63 seems quieter to me. Both my 2011 VLX and 2012 LSV transmissions had a buzzy, whirring kind of sound to them.

Edited by bamabonners

How come the birds aren't singing anymore? Did Guido show up and help you bite your tongue? Loose lips don't sink BU's.

If that boat was out floating on a public lake, there has to be better pictures available.

Edited by Cory

Malibu runs a ZF 45 IV.

Mastercraft runs a ZF 63 IV with 1.56 ratio (I am guessing this is standard for all Ilmor engines)...

Specs on each: http://www.simplicity-marine.com/Hurth-ZF.htm

The 63 IV is a different shape - more upright and flat compared to the tube shape 45 in Malibu. The 63 seems quieter to me. Both my 2011 VLX and 2012 LSV transmissions had a buzzy, whirring kind of sound to them.

Can you post some pictures on how the 63 IV is installed? The output shaft looks to be facing the wrong direction for being installed into a V-drive boat. And it is interesting to note that Malibu is using a 1.46 ratio and MC is using a 1.56.

How come the birds aren't singing anymore? Did Guido show up and help you bite your tongue? Loose lips don't sink BU's.

If that boat was out floating on a public lake, there has to be better pictures available.

I saw a bunch of real pictures of that boat today..... I can't give any details, but Malibu made big changes for 2015, and it's going to be awesome!!

Never happend unless we see pics

LOL- I don't even have the pics, they were shown to me..... There are some nice changes happening though.... New features, improved functionality of old features, and a FIX to a long time problem.....

^^^^Well if you aren't going to give any specifics, then let's play 50 questions...

So far we know the following:

1) it will be a 22 VLX (but don't know if the beam will grow or if the boat will be a true 22' or 21' 9" like the T22)

2) the exterior will look a lot like the '14 23 LSV (rear bench and higher freeboard, similar gel coat scheme)

3) back to Indmar for the LS3

4) surf gates are larger

5) new stereo remote at helm

6) maliview is larger and pops up (MTC remains)

7) maliview will display RPM and SPEED at the same time

8) G3 tower now has locking cams instead of knobs

9) there is a $3500 upgrade to a G4 tower made by PTM

10) new transmission

Are there any other broad differences? Feel like elaborating on the "new features." Give us something here...