Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Lime Green LSV

NorrisMike

Fman, Zero Off is standard now and if it's like '14's you have switch where can select GPS or paddlewheel.

That is great, gps cruise was an $800+ upgrade when ordering boat. Being able to toggle between gps and paddlewheel is a very nice option.

Edited by Fman

Agree... I don't love the cooler, but I'm using it cuz I'm too lazy to come up with something better.

Here's what I don't understand... Malibu thought to put a drain in the pan under the cooler, but the cooler itself has no drain. Who was the brain surgeon who came up with that idea?

G's have this too!! Drives me insane. Why wouldn't they spend the extra $40 and provide a cooler with a centre drain? Dammit.

I've always just used the inboat cooler without a bag. A) I can fit just about 90 beers in there for a day of partying, b) I just don't want to be lifting a heavy cooler in and out of a boat, c) just one more thing to worry about. Just my opinion.

• Like 2
I've always just used the inboat cooler without a bag. A) I can fit just about 90 beers in there for a day of partying, b) I just don't want to be lifting a heavy cooler in and out of a boat, c) just one more thing to worry about. Just my opinion.

Yep, I know what you're talking about; that area beneath the seat that's lined in white plastic and has a drain.

The problem is the new LSV/VLX don't have that anymore. So you kind of have to use the white Igloo cooler unless you can find something better to fit there (cooler bag, hard cooler with a drain, etc).

You know what else...? That would be a VERY easy boat to keep looking good. White is low maintenance. I've had silver on my last two boats and it's even easier than white. It shows nothing!

Yep, very similiar to my current color scheme. I keep my boat in the water 3-4 days at a time... and when i pull it out and wipe it down in < 10mins I am reminded I made the right choice!

Igloo coolers are HORRIBLE. Coleman extreme 5-days are inexpensive, more effective at insulating and have a drain. Win win win. Don't know why boat manufacturers keep insisting on using Igloo.

Edited by boardjnky4

That cooler and how it's setup in my LSV made it a huge finger pinching hazard. WE went and got a nice soft sided cooler. Easier to get in and out, does just abotu as well in ice retention, can actually fit more in it due to being able to bulge it, and has a little flap in the top you can use so you don't have to unzip the whole lid. The cooler that comes with the boat is crap

puh... that pictures make the decision between a 22VLX and the 23LSV really hard.. is the batterie switch on the 2015 23 LSV at the same place?

What is the MSRP of a 23 LSV - 2014 and 2015 - without any options?

Edited by OneCent

What was the final consensus about the new vlx fitting under garage doors with standard G3 tower? I have a 7'5" height restriction. I am guessing it's not going to be able to fit under this height of garage?

What was the final consensus about the new vlx fitting under garage doors with standard G3 tower? I have a 7'5" height restriction. I am guessing it's not going to be able to fit under this height of garage?

There is no consensus. Nobody owns a new VLX yet.

If we go by the LSV (assuming the VLX is same height) then based on my own experience a 7'5" door is no go with the G3 tower.

My LSV with 18's and Boatmate trailer fits under my 8' door with an inch to spare. But, I have to remove all racks and I have a GL bimini (CS Slider is bad for garages because it limits how far you can collapse the tower). The other think to keep in mind is where does the tower rest when it's down. My LSV tower slides down between the steering wheel and the dash, coming to rest on the steering column. Because the VLX is shorter I'm wondering if the G3 will rest up on the dash. That could affect clearance. I know this was the case with my old VLX.

Now... if you get the G4 tower you could be golden since the hoop is collapsible.

I wonder if the G3 can still be ordered with the straight bar? And if they will sell a GL Bimini that has the holes repositioned to accommodate the straight bar.

That G4 tower just is not doing it for me. Maybe it will grow on me with better pictures.

Edited by Fman

What is taking Malibu so long on the press release of this boat and the G4 tower? The boat and tower are already at various dealerships. It is almost moot at this point. I thought they were going to release everything at the beginning of Aug.

I wonder if the G3 can still be ordered with the straight bar? And if they will sell a GL Bimini that has the holes repositioned to accommodate the straight bar.

That G4 tower just is not doing it for me. Maybe it will grow on me with better pictures.

That's a good question on the straight bar... I don't see why not. I wonder... will it be an old chrome leftover, or will they make the straight bars in black to match the rest of the tower? If not you could always powder coat it.

I doubt the GL bimini will come with the holes aligned... it doesn't today. The guys who run the straight bar claim it's an easy fix for any canvas shop.

What is taking Malibu so long on the press release of this boat and the G4 tower? The boat and tower are already at various dealerships. It is almost moot at this point. I thought they were going to release everything at the beginning of Aug.

Most likely it will be at Surf Expo the first week of September