Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Lime Green LSV

NorrisMike

The boat overall looks very nice, I am not sure I like the embroidered backing piece behind cupholders. I think people's finger nails and hands are going to nick, scratch and damage this piece quickly. And the white logo will get dirty quickly and be difficult to keep clean. They went from a really nice lighted wakesetter logo to a plain white embroidered piece. Just seems like another cost cutting measure, or maybe it is supposed to look better???? I think I prefer the look of the nice lighted wakesetter piece.

Does the boat feel bigger inside than a 2014 vlx? Do you know the dry weight? From the pics it does no appear to be much bigger. I'm still trying to figure out where the extra 6" in length went and 2" wider beam. Also does it feel deeper than the 14's? More storage? I'm not seeing much more freeboard than a '14 from the pics, not as noticeable as the new lsv.

The embroidery is in the bow, not the main cabin. They didn't remove anything as there wasn't anything there.

Here's the only pic I could find of my bow. Notice there's nothing above the cup holders.

DSCN5428_zps90d47b11.jpg

As for cost cutting, when I looked at this boat it appeared to be a long last of cost adders, not reductions (incl. the embroidery)

I had the exact opposite impression on the size. The boat is TALL on the trailer. On a '13 VLX I can stand next to the boat on the trailer and look inside (I'm 5'10"). On my LSV and the new VLX, I have to climb up on the trailer to see inside. I still ride frequently in my neighbors '13 VLX and the new one feels a lot bigger inside too. Honestly, the new VLX feels very similar to my LSV, just a little shorter behind the driver's seat. I think the extra room is indeed in the cabin. The reason I say this is because the sun pad on LSV and new VLX are smaller... in other words the bench seat essentially just cuts into the sun pad. I'd venture to guess the new sun pad + bench = the old sun pad. I wanted to measure this to confirm, but AWS doesn't have any VLX's left and there were none in service.

As for storage, the area under the seats is deeper all around the boat, especially on the port side where there's an additional cut out (where the decadence is). The glove box on the new boats is quite a bit bigger/deeper than your boat too. You also have the tubs below the transom seats (we keep boot lube here). Finally, moving the batteries opens up the entire area below the glove box. Even though this is technically just a shift in space, you'd be surprised how much you'll like having that entire cave available for storage. It's more easily accessed too with the "hatch" opening as opposed to lifting that massive cushion.

Edited by IXFE

My bad, I thought the embroidery was on the side area cup holders of the lounge area. That is nice to know they added the space in the actual seating area of the boat, not the sundeck/ski locker area. Also glad to hear there is more freeboard and storage, the pics are tough to get true depth perception and size. Would be interesting to measure your neighbors '14 seating area size compared to the '15 to find out how much extra Sq. Ft. actually exist in the new '15. That is a beautiful boat, did they have a price listed on it at dealer?

My bad, I thought the embroidery was on the side area cup holders of the lounge area. That is nice to know they added the space in the actual seating area of the boat, not the sundeck/ski locker area. Also glad to hear there is more freeboard and storage, the pics are tough to get true depth perception and size. Would be interesting to measure your neighbors '14 seating area size compared to the '15 to find out how much extra Sq. Ft. actually exist in the new '15. That is a beautiful boat, did they have a price listed on it at dealer?

Trav... I'll try to get a tap measure on the '13 VLX, '14 LSV, and '15 VLX. It's just a matter of time and another trip out to AWS. ;)

As for price, I didn't even ask. I'm not really a buyer for this boat as I don't really want to go smaller. We've enjoyed the space this year. I think the only way I'd be willing to give up the space would be if this new one a) fit in my garage in ONE bay (as opposed to taking up two like the LSV), and 2) the surf wave was greater than or equal to my LSV. If it fails on either of those metrics, I'll stick with the 23.

But I am planning on surfing it this week. :innocent:

Edited by IXFE

Great pics, thanks for sharing... Next question would be could you get away with a 350 or this new vlx will need the LS3?

Looking forward to hearing about the surf wave and 350 performance.

I have a few close-up shots of the dash. I also played with it for a few minutes.

Here's my take on it...

Everybody who has Maliview and MTC knows one thing: you gotta press the buttons/screen hard to get it to respond. It's nowhere near as sensitive as you table or smartphone. Well... as beautiful as the new screens are, the biggest improvement is the touch sensitivity of the screens. They are now as easy to use at your iPad. The glass screens are beautiful; I wonder if they are Gorilla Glass.

Maliview: The speedometer and tachometer are back, they're just digital now. The new Maliview screen has four sections that change the center of the screen. The digital speedo and tach are "almost" always present, along with actual speed and set speed.

Rather than explain each page, take a looksee for yourself.

20140808_134223_zpsvfzlypuw.jpg

20140808_134229_zps3aoviiji.jpg

20140808_134244_zpsnsrcy1ad.jpg

20140808_134250_zps0p8qjkzd.jpg

Now some shots of the new MTC.

Notice that it no longer controls manual fill of your ballast; that is part of Maliview now.

Also notice that your radio is integrated into the MTC now, and you can choose from multiple sources right on the screen. The integration felt so good to me that I think I'd be inclined to get factory stereo going forward. I'd probably just swap out all the amps and speakers, LOL! I have no idea how an EQ would work with all this. I kind of wonder why Malibu didn't integrate some basic EQ functionality into the MTC.

I'm told the maps function is an option. You get an SD card to unlock that feature. I'm not sure why I need navigation in my boat since I boat in the same place over and over again. But whatever.

20140808_134502_zps3u7vnxaj.jpg

20140808_134404_zps09zupyxv.jpg

20140808_134526_zpsxuxjzosc.jpg

20140808_134536_zpsmdgh6fzg.jpg

Edited by IXFE

Great pics, thanks for sharing... Next question would be could you get away with a 350 or this new vlx will need the LS3?

Looking forward to hearing about the surf wave and 350 performance.

I know you won't like this answer... but I'd probably get the 409 in this boat with a 2419. That's just what my gut tells me. But I'm at sea level. My boat really jumps out of the hole and throws you back in your seat. While that's fun, I'm not sure it's necessary.

Interesting side note... AWS told me that they will order all their LSV's this year with the 409 (similar to what Wizard Lake does).

You asked me earlier about weight. Obviously I didn't weigh it, and since Malibu hasn't officially released it, there's nothing published yet. So just for fun, let's all take a guess.

I'm going with 4,200 lbs.

IXFE thanks for the Pics. The boat looks awesome. Compared to my VLX I would keep the hand rail up in the bow, also the Wakesetter sign that lights up by the cup holders. Also, the surf couch in the back would take up locker space. I don't know if I would use those seats as much as I use the locker space. I rather sit on the sun pad, same difference. I will also keep my walktrhough with the Perko locks on my rear locker. The dash looks great! The Perko switch box is awesome! The dry box next to the helm is a great idea. The Bimini looks like a big win for all of us! I hope thats something that we could retrofit.

It was the standard CS slider.

Like you, I'm a BIG fan of the GL bimini. But they are so rare I don't think we're gonna know of they have these same improvements until somebody custom orders one.

I saw a pic on a dealer site last week, can't remember whose, the bimini appeared to have pockets and one set of straps. I'm doing a similar color scheme, is this boat silver or charcoal?

I saw a pic on a dealer site last week, can't remember whose, the bimini appeared to have pockets and one set of straps. I'm doing a similar color scheme, is this boat silver or charcoal?

It is silver. Here's a mock up of what the scheme would look like on an LSV. Kind of odd how the rear end is white, but it works when you see it in person, especially on the two-tone trailer.

I was thinking the white in the rear is also practical because that's where the most water spots happen, also little nicks on the platform would be harder to spot on a white one.

Capture_zps13324648.jpg

• Like 2

^^^ really slick looking color scheme. Colors are conservative, grouped together, black Bimini blends with black tower... Black trailer blends with black hull....minimal use of highlights and splashes minus the swoosh. Practical.... Really dig black hulls to hide water lines for water stains.

Edited by nyryan2001

Speaking of silver vs. charcoal... you can see the difference in these pics. The first pic is the new VLX (silver) while the second is from a '14 LSV they have in inventory (charcoal).

I've never gotten charcoal, but almost did this year.

20140808_142826_zpsiglztnju.jpg

20140808_143157_zpsdjciitit.jpg

^^^ really slick looking color scheme. Colors are conservative, grouped together, black Bimini blends with black tower... Black trailer blends with black hull....minimal use of highlights and splashes minus the swoosh. Practical.... Really dig black hulls to hide water lines for water stains.

You know what else...? That would be a VERY easy boat to keep looking good. White is low maintenance. I've had silver on my last two boats and it's even easier than white. It shows nothing!

The dash is looking better by the minute, it looks pretty well thought out and touch screen looks easy to use. Hopeful that the speed control is either engaged or disengaged, similar to zero off --- not having to align the arrow in the box. The dash is definitely a substantial upgrade from prior years. Does this boat have zero off/gps cruise or the paddlewheel for speed control? Also, are you planning on demoing the wakeboard wake loaded up with weight? Would be great to get some pictures of both surf and wakeboard wakes. Going to be interesting how much weight is required to get a good surf wake, if its not too crazy the 350 and the 2315/2419 prop might be good enough. I am going to try and make it down to my dealer when they get a '15 in to take measurements of size difference in seating areas and freeboard increase.

Fman, Zero Off is standard now and if it's like '14's you have switch where can select GPS or paddlewheel.

<br /><br />Where's the switch on the 2014s. I have GPS on mine but can't find the switch to use it instead of the paddle wheel.

<br /><br />Where's the switch on the 2014s. I have GPS on mine but can't find the switch to use it instead of the paddle wheel.

Look under the helm, its a small black box with a toggle switch and yellow sticker.

Look under the helm, its a small black box with a toggle switch and yellow sticker.

I believe on the 15's the switch is in the new Maliview screen, although I didn't see it with my own eyes. I forgot to look for it. My dealer says it's there.

Stop putting $12,00 coolers in 100k boats...first thing I remove every year.../gaaaaa who thinks of this crap??

Agree... I don't love the cooler, but I'm using it cuz I'm too lazy to come up with something better.

Here's what I don't understand... Malibu thought to put a drain in the pan under the cooler, but the cooler itself has no drain. Who was the brain surgeon who came up with that idea?

• Like 2