Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Lime Green LSV

NorrisMike

I agree... you rarely see the MC power tower, even on the new X-Stars. It's an extravagance / headache people just don't need.

I can't see wanting one for my weekly garage use, but it does seem like it would be a handy option for folks with a ShoreStation who use the boats daily. Although the quick release clips on the G3 really seem to take care of that issue.

The G4 tower I played with was not powered..... Handles on the rear side of it, sorta Nautiqueish, for a quick release and fold down.... Although, maybe it's designed in such a way that it could be powered at some point?? I liked the way it looked in person. The new fold-away tow hoop was pretty slick too.

back to the chrome on the windshield.....

And??? That IS the g4 tower. You act like they wouldn't be able to put one on an older boat? How about another to really get you going?

post-18128-14068136690887_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's the G4 ..... A tremendous amount of CNC work on that thing!!! That's probably why it's such an expensive upgrade. That A shaped tow hoop just folds away.... Lights built in, etc...

The locking clips on the tower are nice. I also was told by my dealer yesterday that the power wedge 2 does in fact go past 90 degrees to help get the boat on plane, then goes back to your setting once on plane. Pretty sweet. The bimini has pockets to store surfboards too. I know that was discussed in prior pages, but I saw them in person yesterday. They had two 2015 lsv's on their lot.

Edited by ac88926
perhaps mentioned already, but do those look like lights on the underside of the tower to light the interior?

Idk about lighting the interior, but there are integrated forward facing LED's in the corner on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot has happened in this thread overnight. My eyes will be glued to TMC today for the latest.

Me too, thanks a lot TMC for disrupting my productive work day.

Right I mean it doesn't have quite the functionality of a blinged out trailer, tinted windshield, underwater leds, RGB interior lights, or giant stereo. I mean who even folds their tower? Plebeians!

I don't understand your post, Shawn. Don't you have almost everything on that list in your boat?

I raise and lower my tower several times a week, but I still wouldn't bite on a power tower.

As for the lack of functionality of a big stereo, I beg to differ. It's a BIG part of the experience for my family, and I'm not a "stereo guy." I've never put so much as ONE piece of aftermarket audio in a car.

I'd also submit to you that 18's serve a functional purpose. Trailer tracks better, less wandering.

Edited by IXFE

Those thicker tower bases will be key to a stonger and sturdier tower, that can be lowered easier and faster, quick releases. Also suggests a stonger, easier to deploy and stow bimini, which both are great.

Anyone who says the G3 is easy and quick to put up and down alone, let me on your boat and I will show you 1-2" of flex in about 10 seconds.

But the first thing I think about when I see those tower bases is how long will it take Malibu to work out the kinks on installation and bracing so they dont get gel stress cracks at the bases within the first years? Hopefully NONE.