Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Lime Green LSV

NorrisMike

It looks to me like something is going on there. Why is it all covered like that? Leave it to the marketing folks to really keep that one a secret. Kind of nice and clean if it is motorized.

If this tower provides the following functionality, then I may be able to overlook its beauty:

1) easy fold down mechanism

2) garage height clearance to fit in my garage

3) towable in the collapsed position to keep it bug free and improve towing fuel economy (i.e., lockable in the down position)

4) easy deploy bimini

These are the features I want over the current G3 tower. Garage height clearance may be the deciding factor regardless of beauty.

I know I didn't like that illusion X tower with molded in speakers malibu made for one year back around 2009. That tower was ugly. This tower has some similar design traits, but still hard to say from the picture.

I find it funny people say the G3 is not easy. It's two bolts! I guess when you compare it to the Titan 1 tower, it was only 1 bolt. Even if you took the tower off completely, still won't fit in my home garage or the place at the river.

Edited by wakebrdr94

My bet is the tower is motorized. Look at both pics. There is no locking mechanism on the tower. The round part at the bottom on the inside almost looks like it will pivot or is meant to pivot. I'm voting motorized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That VLX needs bow weight. Look how nose high it's running and the lack of length on that wave. I guess tall waves with small pockets sell more boats.

No hoop on the G4 would definitely help with the garage situation.

That VLX needs bow weight. Look how nose high it's running and the lack of length on that wave. I guess tall waves with small pockets sell more boats. No hoop on the G4 would definitely help with the garage situation.

And 1 dude driving and the rest girls,even the rider. I'd buy 2

• Like 3

Guys, I just took this picture this afternoon, and I'll probably have to take it down soon. I had a test drive in the new 'Bu at my dealer. Stock everything. What an amazing day!

I took the photo from a low angle leaning out of the boat, but the picture doesn't do the wave true justice. Oh, and all the new models are now banned from the lake....

Kelly-Slater-1st.jpg

I think I was there! It's me Pinocchio!

I'm missing something here. You need to spell this out for me. Aren't these pics of your home made Gnarly Gate on your Vride? What does this have to do with the '15 VLX?

Gnarly Gate 2.0.... Sorry to get y'all excited but I have to admit I had a few belly laughs from the responses... Too funny. Now there is some life back in this thread! Today we have made great progress!

Tower looks motorized. If so, my guess is that most will opt for the G3. Not many opt for the MC power tower it seems. Although way different looking.

Tower looks motorized. If so, my guess is that most will opt for the G3. Not many opt for the MC power tower it seems. Although way different looking.

I agree... you rarely see the MC power tower, even on the new X-Stars. It's an extravagance / headache people just don't need.

I agree... you rarely see the MC power tower, even on the new X-Stars. It's an extravagance / headache people just don't need.

Right I mean it doesn't have quite the functionality of a blinged out trailer, tinted windshield, underwater leds, RGB interior lights, or giant stereo. I mean who even folds their tower? Plebeians!

If I may interrupt...this VLX is going to be Awesome!!! Motorized tower, locking clips, HDTV, Joystick, Longer Gates, and Chics....move out of the way I'm upgrading....second motgage on the house, reduce my 401k contribution, quit my drug habit....lets do this!

....and Purple Flake...Gnarly

While we are all leaking pics lol.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1406773133.898637.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

back to the chrome on the windshield.....

From previous comment:

The 22 VLX is a brand new boat from the ground up, and features our new touchscreen technology,”Springer says.

Malibu is bringing a 12-inch touchscreen display to market — the Viper 2. The screen is built with more processing power, higher levels of integration, a new operating system, and wireless connectivity. (The sport dash option includes an expandable phone cradle, dry-storage box with USB charger, and the new Wakesetter Wheel, a manual control for the Surf Gate, Power Wedge, cruise control, and stereo.)The 22 VLX also includes upgrades like a three-profile Livorsi throttle, transom seating, a drop-in Igloo cooler and options like the new G4 tower (see below), fender locks, WakeView seating...

ITS ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!

My biggest question Springer is this: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ADDRESS THE RECENT QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES?