Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wicked wakesurf after market sur gate review

Utisnumber1

Nice, get some pictures, yours should be the same as mine, you have a fiberglass platform right?

I am teak platform. Shouldn't be too different aside from the gap to fit it.

So is it just a flat piece or do they contour to match the side of the hull?

My 02 has that notch at the bottom and have not seen any pictures that show what it looks like down low. Or how high up the hull does it go?

Does anyone have pictures of it on their older vlx or first gen v-ride?

Instead of doing the straps and hook to your ubolt. Why not drill through the teak deck and have a pin through both and that way you just pull up a pin.

One like this 90293a113p2l.png?ver=30873584

I found that mine did not work well. It may be an issue with my boat being the first on this hull. I found that it really just made the wave completely flat on the surf side and had no push.

I found that mine did not work well. It may be an issue with my boat being the first on this hull. I found that it really just made the wave completely flat on the surf side and had no push.

How did you have the boat weighted? Any pics?

I don't have any pics I was out with some buddies late and we just wanted to surf. I'll get some later this week if it stops raining. Boat was weighted even. About 1300lbs in the back. Another 800 or so up front

I don't have any pics I was out with some buddies late and we just wanted to surf. I'll get some later this week if it stops raining. Boat was weighted even. About 1300lbs in the back. Another 800 or so up front

Maybe too much weight up front with a direct drive? Did you play around with less bow weight? We never put that much weight up front when we surf, usually only a person or two, and we have a v-drive.

Maybe too much weight up front with a direct drive? Did you play around with less bow weight? We never put that much weight up front when we surf, usually only a person or two, and we have a v-drive.

I started with less weight up front. Only about 400 and it was midship in the ski locker.

The other issue I had was water spraying up into the boat.

The WWS website shows an install on 2011 LSV, anyone know how this boat did with the WWS ?Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure it does awesome. It was crazy how big a difference it made on mine. I was surfing 22ft+ back from the stern. HUGE pocket

I started with less weight up front. Only about 400 and it was midship in the ski locker.

The other issue I had was water spraying up into the boat.

I'm assuming it wasn't fitting tight against the transom and that's where the spray was coming from? They probably have some tweaking to do, they told me they most likely would on the first they do of a model. Did they mention to you how they would handle it if it didn't fit right and they needed to modify it?

I'm assuming it wasn't fitting tight against the transom and that's where the spray was coming from? They probably have some tweaking to do, they told me they most likely would on the first they do of a model. Did they mention to you how they would handle it if it didn't fit right and they needed to modify it?

Well they had told me if i was not happy they would buy it back, that is as far is i have gotten so far. But i just sent them an email and they got back to me very quickly asking forsome pictures of it and are going to try to help. Unfortunately I am on vaca, so making a lot of changes to it will be tough with the boat in the water.

It seems to fit pretty tightly against the transom, my guess with part of it is that it extends at too great an angle. The piece that goes over the platform is cut at an angle so the gate does not extend past the edge of the boat, but it seems like they did not account for the bracket under the platform, so it does not slide all the way into place.

Jshaff,

Can you post some pics of the gate mounted up? Also, pics of the wave. Maybe I can help a little bit. Joe will make it right so no worries there!!!

Case

Jshaff,

Can you post some pics of the gate mounted up? Also, pics of the wave. Maybe I can help a little bit. Joe will make it right so no worries there!!!

Case

I have no doubt it will get resolved. Once it stops raining up here in Maine I'll be able to go back out and get some

Crew,

Here's a small video showing the length and push of the pocket with the wickedwakesurf. And my failed attempt at a 720 bahaha

That looks like Lake Austin. Maybe we'll see you out there sometime!

I made a similar gate like wicked wakesurf"s surf gate. made it out of wood so i could make adjustments quick and easy so i can get it tuned to what works for my boat. Here is a video running between 9.8 and 10.1 mph 700lbs behind the engine weighted even with 2 people in the boat. I had alot of spray coming up off the gate too as you can see in the video on the left. I made a little wedge so the water had a better transition from the hull to the gate. not to bad for a ski boat.

Got one of these coming in the mail this week. Quick question for anyone who already has one. When I have surfed before my boat likes to be weighted all to one side. With these I m seeing EVEN weight. Is that correct? Thanks

Even weight is nice. BUt if you weight the surf side just a little heavier it seems to work even better. Not so much that you list the boat just a little difference.

Edited by Utisnumber1
  • Like 1